• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks sign F Jabari Parker

Spud2nique

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

The Hawks need a backup PG to round out the bench. If Damian Jones pans out, our bench could be really good. Parker is going to be a really good addition and fits what we want to do offensively. I would like to see him improve as a spot up shooter and trend towards being an average defender. I see a real team coming together. I think we have a logjam at SG/SF and will likely deal a few of those guys. 

In training camp, once we see what we have.

• Like 1

hace 3 horas, EazyRoc dijo:

The Hawks need a backup PG to round out the bench. If Damian Jones pans out, our bench could be really good. Parker is going to be a really good addition and fits what we want to do offensively. I would like to see him improve as a spot up shooter and trend towards being an average defender. I see a real team coming together. I think we have a logjam at SG/SF and will likely deal a few of those guys. 

We don't have such a logjam at wings, current roster

Young/Turner

Huerter/Crabbe/Bembry

Hunter/Reddish/

Collins/Parker/Parsons

Len/Jones/Fernando

We have 13 players signed but I don't think Parsons event count. Bembry can cover backup SF too, Turner as well so the real holes are backup PG and a big. I know Hawks want just 14 players but considering Fernando will start on G league and some players on this roster are injury prone as Crabbe, Parker, Parsons, Len, Damian Jones I could see Hawks signing 15 players with a big filling the injury holes of Len, Parker and Damian Jones. Christian Wood would be perfect and a real backup PG as Harrison or Mason.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

We don't have such a logjam at wings, current roster

Young/Turner

Huerter/Crabbe/Bembry

Hunter/Reddish/

Collins/Parker/Parsons

Len/Jones/Fernando

We have 13 players signed but I don't think Parsons event count. Bembry can cover backup SF too, Turner as well so the real holes are backup PG and a big. I know Hawks want just 14 players but considering Fernando will start on G league and some players on this roster are injury prone as Crabbe, Parker, Parsons, Len, Damian Jones I could see Hawks signing 15 players with a big filling the injury holes of Len, Parker and Damian Jones. Christian Wood would be perfect and a real backup PG as Harrison or Mason.

I personally don’t like the idea of turner as the full time PG. If Trae gets hurt, we are in trouble.

• Like 2

If Trae gets hurt we're in trouble regardless of who we sign. But I think Turner is at the top in terms of playmaking and defense compared to the other options out there. I know I would rather have him than someone like Lin. But I wouldn't be opposed to signing some more proven depth. Pierce said he plans to play Cam at the point, but he may not be ready for that and we've seen how brutal this game can be for inexperienced PGs. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

For me is clear we cannot go with just one real PG

How is this year different than last year? Not only did we have only 1 real point guard down the stretch last season but he was a rookie real point guard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahora, Peoriabird dijo:

How is this year different than last year? Not only did we have only 1 real point guard down the stretch last season but he was a rookie real point guard

We had Lin right? Another thing is that when everything was done and we wanted to lose we traded him, but we had a legit backup PG

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There are actually some here who think Cam Reddish is ready to run an NBA offense. They are in for a rude awakening.

I agree that people are expecting too much out of him as a rookie, but him running point is straight from LP's mouth. Whether or not it works out is a different story.

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There are actually some here who think Cam Reddish is ready to run an NBA offense. They are in for a rude awakening.

While he has primary ball handling talent, it will look like Jamal Crawford at the point more than Penny Hardaway. He doesn't really have PG skills like that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, High5 said:

I agree that people are expecting too much out of him as a rookie, but him running point is straight from LP's mouth. Whether or not it works out is a different story.

From the sentiments on here, people are expecting much too little. Cam is a f***ing monster. I really don't know how this board will react when they realize they underestimated him as badly as they did.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From the sentiments on here, people are expecting much too little. Cam is a f***ing monster. I really don't know how this board will react when they realize they underestimated him as badly as they did.

Not many (if any) players struggle in college and become immediate impact players in the NBA. It's possible, but you definitely have the extreme view. I would love to be wrong. 

• Like 1

That article in The Athletic last week should have put to bed any question about Hunter being viewed as a starter or not (has nothing to do with if Cam eventually works his way into the starting unit alongside Hunter). 

The reason they identified Atlanta as the perfect landing spot for Hunter was because they saw the Hawks needed an elite defender on the wing. Atlanta’s original plans, that predated Schlenk’s arrival, had Taurean Prince as that wing who potentially could grow into an elite level defender. It never came.

Atlanta’s plan to move up in the draft became easier with the added pick and explains why the team wanted to move on from Prince at the same time. The Hawks needed more defense on the wing, and there was no one better in the draft than college basketball’s best defender last season.

“We just felt like he was a great fit for our young core,” Schlenk said. “His strengths are obviously some of our weaknesses from last year. If you want to win at a high level, you have to have a guy who can go out there and defend the other team’s best player. You don’t have to shut down that player, but you have to be able to slow him down, and that is his biggest strength.

Hunter is viewed long term as the defender we stick on the other teams best perimeter player. Those offensive players don't come off the bench, they start. Hence, Hunter will also be starting if he's supposed to be defending them.

I hope Supes is right and Cam turns into the best player in the draft. But for rookie seasons, the Hawks clearly have a plan and that plan is currently for Hunter to be in the starting lineup.  

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

We had Lin right? Another thing is that when everything was done and we wanted to lose we traded him, but we had a legit backup PG

We won a higher percentage of our games after Lin was bought out. Lol!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

The way you will react when Crabbe gets playing time over people because he’s good. Lol. I ain’t done ✅ 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, High5 said:

Not many (if any) players struggle in college and become immediate impact players in the NBA. It's possible, but you definitely have the extreme view. I would love to be wrong. 

Duke situation is as rare as ours for a top 10 lottery team. Polar opposites. 

6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

That article in The Athletic last week should have put to bed any question about Hunter being viewed as a starter or not (has nothing to do with if Cam eventually works his way into the starting unit alongside Hunter). 

Hunter is viewed long term as the defender we stick on the other teams best perimeter player. Those offensive players don't come off the bench, they start. Hence, Hunter will also be starting if he's supposed to be defending them.

I hope Supes is right and Cam turns into the best player in the draft. But for rookie seasons, the Hawks clearly have a plan and that plan is currently for Hunter to be in the starting lineup.  

tenor.gif?itemid=5043510

I see him at the P.J. Tucker guy who can guard AD/Giannis/Siakam/Horford/Griffin/etc type as well as guard some quality wings who tend to more brute based like LeBron or prime Melo. 

Cam is a better perimeter defender. John can't defend decent guys and he was food when Bron, Siakam, AD, Griffin and especially Giannis was his assignment. You already know Len or Jones can't guard those guys. 

Hunter with his extremely strong base can guard 1-5 and switch 1-5. Hunter is just a great fit especially at the 4 depending on the matchup especially v. a freak like Giannis where Collins is easy food. 

Edited by NBASupes

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5043510

I see him at the P.J. Tucker guy who can guard AD/Giannis/Siakam/Horford/Griffin/etc type as well as guard some quality wings who tend to more brute based like LeBron or prime Melo. 

Cam is a better perimeter defender. John can't defend decent guys and he was food when Bron, Siakam, AD, Griffin and especially Giannis was his assignment. You already know Len or Jones can't guard those guys. 

Hunter with his extremely strong base can guard 1-5 and switch 1-5. Hunter is just a great fit especially at the 4 depending on the matchup especially v. a freak like Giannis where Collins is easy food. 

You're not calling me wrong, you're calling Schlenk wrong.

And good grief, take a look at the bolded statement and take stock of how blatantly biased your perception has become. We get it, you love you some Cam. But to even utter that statement is borderline insanity when every shred of tangible evidence says otherwise.  

21 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

You're not calling me wrong, you're calling Schlenk wrong.

Travis never said he was the best perimeter defender. You made that up. Travis said he was a great defender. In my opinion, the 2nd best defender in the draft outside of Zion but he's not a better perimeter defender than Cam. 

Edited by NBASupes