• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign F Jabari Parker

Spud2nique

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Just so my position is clear for the record, I never ever, ever, ever worry about you underrating Cam Reddish or Al Horford.  Ever.  

Like really ever.

Who is the most winningest player with qualified games played in Atlanta Hawks history? In fact has Al ever missed the playoffs in his career? He is has been getting 100m at an age Dwight can't get the vet min. Give a legend his props 

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I give Al his appropriate props and know that you will never, ever, ever, ever give an opinion on him that undersells his contributions.  Ever.  Really ever.

Image result for the goat

i_f2_15_63_al-horford.png?w=190WMR_icons_140x140px_new_Greater_than.png

I can't lie, I chuckled 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks and LP know what the got, the rest of the league about to find out how much they missed on him. 

This kid is truly elite in space. Ya'll gon' learn

I have as high hopes for Cam as the next guy, but let's face reality here. The Hawks sacrificed assets to move up and draft who at #4? It wasn't Cam, it was Hunter. Acting like Cam is going to be the starter over Hunter is kind of silly when you think about how the Hawks obviously view those two players, currently. 

• Like 1

Two or three years from now all three of our picks will count very big and with heavy minutes. Bruno is more raw than I thought but he will be in that mix little doubt in my mind. They will be in the starting eight rotation that is gonna win a bunch of games that count and in colorful fashion. Trae will not let it be otherwise. The new NBAtv is us. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I have as high hopes for Cam as the next guy, but let's face reality here. The Hawks sacrificed assets to move up and draft who at #4? It wasn't Cam, it was Hunter. Acting like Cam is going to be the starter over Hunter is kind of silly when you think about how the Hawks obviously view those two players, currently. 

I've offered a bet up to Supes who I will frankly admit has watched more Reddish than I have but I would expect Hunter be starting at SF to start the season.  I'd be thrilled if Reddish is so good he is ready to start that fast and even happier if Supes is right and he is our best player after next season.  Super happy because I'm really excited about how good Trae and Collins can be and if Cam is better than them then odds are good that he will be a legit superstar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

I keep saying this 1000% times, if we didn't move up to get Hunter. We wouldn't have him. Cleveland wanted him at 5th and Chicago at 7th if White and Garland was gone. We had no choice but to move up. 

Cam stock by OTHER teams just wasn't as high. Simple as that. That's why we play our cards to the dear God hoping he falls to 10. It had nothing to do with who is better. It has everything to do we wanted both players and we weren't going to get both at 8 and 10. Atlanta valued Reddish and Hunter much more than Reddish and Hayes as they felt they can get a center later in the draft. 

We traded three 2nds to get Bruno, does that mean he will start over Jones and Len? 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, AHF said:

I've offered a bet up to Supes who I will frankly admit has watched more Reddish than I have but I would expect Hunter be starting at SF to start the season.  I'd be thrilled if Reddish is so good he is ready to start that fast and even happier if Supes is right and he is our best player after next season.  Super happy because I'm really excited about how good Trae and Collins can be and if Cam is better than them then odds are good that he will be a legit superstar.

Cam is different. He unlike Trae and John can be elite on BOTH ends of the court.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I keep saying this 1000% times, if we didn't move up to get Hunter. We wouldn't have him. Cleveland wanted him at 5th and Chicago at 7th if White and Garland was gone. We had no choice but to move up. 

Cam stock by OTHER teams just wasn't as high. Simple as that. That's why we play our cards to the dear God hoping he falls to 10. It had nothing to do with who is better. It has everything to do we wanted both players and we weren't going to get both at 8 and 10. Atlanta valued Reddish and Hunter much more than Reddish and Hayes as they felt they can get a center later in the draft. 

We traded three 2nds to get Bruno, does that mean he will start over Jones and Len? 

I have to agree with @NBASupes here.  Other teams valued Hunter higher than Cam so the Hawk made a gamble to move up and get Hunter knowing there was a high probability that Cam would be there at 10.  Travis only got nervous when Minnesota moved up and he didn't know who'd they'd select.  Other than that, they pretty much knew Cam would be there for them.

Just because they moved up to get Hunter doesn't mean they will hand him the starting Job.  Travis said he expects both to have about 30 minutes a game.  There will be competition at training camp and whoever Lloyd names the starter out of the two, I'm good with.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

I can't help it if you guys can't grasp the concept that ATL could guarantee that they got ONLY ONE of the two, and they chose Hunter over Cam. We can try to play mental gymnastics all we want in an effort to spin that simple fact into a false narrative, but it doesn't fly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I can't help it if you guys can't grasp the concept that ATL could guarantee that they got ONLY ONE of the two, and they chose Hunter over Cam. We can try to play mental gymnastics all we want in an effort to spin that simple fact into a false narrative, but it doesn't fly. 

Not trying to argue with you here, but like I said, training camp and preseason will determine who gets the starting job.   That's no false narrative or mental gymnastics.  I was just pointing out there will be competition and it won't be handed to either.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If Hawks had not made any trades, who do think we would have taken at #8, #10, and #17?

Yeah I don’t think it matters but I have read somewhere a schlenk quote stated something along the lines of  hunter being basically in prince role whom was a starter last season, therefore one would think that automatically pencils in hunter as a starter but not necessarily over Reddish so to speak, probably has more so to do with his prototype nba ready size that every team wants at SF in this era.

Folks keep going on with this  hunter vs Reddish stuff and honestly  I think Reddish is viewed as SG,SF and spot PG whereas Hunter is viewed solely at SF and PF. The thing is I don’t care what position  offensively Reddish or Hunter plays at mainly, as they are likely going to achieve the exact same success no matter the position they are put in as we play positionless basketball on the offensive end  of the floor (at least that’s the goal)....1-3 and 4&5 also has the same duties offensively as long as the skills are there .

SO POSITIONS ONLY START TO MATTER DEFENSIVELY in LPs scheme and LP has said this in so many words.

Hypothetically if all these young guys reach full Potential I believe the competition of who’s going to start will be between Huerter and Fernando not Reddish and Hunter. In my eyes (again hypothetically speaking)...if all guys are  at full potential Trae, hunter, Reddish, Collins are locks as starters over everyone else on the team if full potential is met and there’s a good reason why for each.

Huerter and Fernando will be the wildcards on the team if LP wants to go big or small vs the opponent !  So they are kinda our x-factor role guys in my opinion that allow complete versatility while keeping our best players on the court as starters no matter the opponent.

......And that ladies and gentlemen will be our core guys when it’s championship time .

• Premium Member

Not likely to spend that much, either, given Schlenk's comment about wanting to hold on to as much of that as he can pending an opportunity to convert cash into future assets... unless/until some lucrative future asset would suddenly appear... who knows what might happen next, right? Especially with the Chris Paul to MIA thing still hanging out there.

The Hawks need a backup PG to round out the bench. If Damian Jones pans out, our bench could be really good. Parker is going to be a really good addition and fits what we want to do offensively. I would like to see him improve as a spot up shooter and trend towards being an average defender. I see a real team coming together. I think we have a logjam at SG/SF and will likely deal a few of those guys.