• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Cunningham: More blame for Dennis than Dwight

sturt

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, sturt said:

Interesting.

What does Cunningham mean by "subsequent events give credence to that view, I think"?  The ordinary meaning of that phrase would mean he is saying that subsequent events suggest that people in the Hawks organization were correct when they blamed Dennis for Dwight's failure.  Not sure how subsequent events would support that notion.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Maybe "subsequent events," as-in, whatever it was that made Hawks Command Central determined to find a way this time last year to part ways... not necessarily any specifics we'd know publicly.

Just my guess.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

There's nothing remotely interesting about what he (Cunningham) said.  And as @AHF suggested, what he tweeted kinda reads wrong on a lot of levels.  The whole thing is tired, late and irrelevant.  Tell him to dig into why Spellman was given up on.

Not that I'm tryna sturt somethin, but I'm shocked you felt comfortable posting this drivel yet take major issue with anyone posting a certain other reporter's stuff.

There's a story on the Athletic about it.  They were not happy with his commitment to his diet, not to his work ethic.

• Premium Member

@kg01 you're being mean again.

Shush.

Cunningham is a proven quantity.

The other guy? He's workin on it. I'm acknowledging there's room for optimism.

I don't take this gossip from Cunningham as gospel, but I do trust that among the staffers he mingles with... which may or may not include anyone important like Schlenk... it really was said.

You don't have to find it interesting yourself in order for me to find it interesting.

Or do you? 😉

• Moderators

I have a tough time finding this interesting when I’m not even sure what he is saying.  If he is saying what he literally said it is very illogical and uninteresting (ie Dwight’s subsequent failures show it wasn’t all about Dennis).  If he is saying Dennis really was bad then just say that and explain it.  I can believe he didn’t earn a lot of love in OKC.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Maybe I'm just a simpleton, but it seems plain enough to me that Cunningham is saying there are those within the organization who believe Dennis was the prime mover in the problems experienced during the DH season, and that had there been a more conventional personality/player in his place, DH may have been a better asset.

But I'm already bored now with this discussion. It was only moderately interesting, so that's as much as I care to contribute.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Maybe I'm just a simpleton, but it seems plain enough to me that Cunningham is saying there are those within the organization who believe Dennis was the prime mover in the problems experienced during the DH season, and that had there been a more conventional personality/player in his place, DH may have been a better asset.

But I'm already bored now with this discussion. It was only moderately interesting, so that's as much as I care to contribute.

If your interpretation is right, it is a dumb thing for Cunningham to say because Dwight has been even worse without Dennis than he was with him.  Bringing up that belief and juxtaposing it against subsequent events involving Dwight undermines the original statement instead of supporting it.  

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If Dwight Howard told me it was daytime and I was stuck in a dungeon, I’d prolly start getting ready for bed 🛏. 🌙 🌚 🌝 

Why your mind went to being trapped in a dungeon is a question I leave to kg.

• Haha 2