• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ranking the best young core in the NBA

Peoriabird

Whether including hype or not that is pretty bizarre for so soon. Don't really know who will actually be on the floor for a good number of games at this point. Will be interesting to follow anyway.  

• Like 1

#5 - We all remember, just a few seasons ago, Atlanta would not make the top 10.  Seems that there is a lot of great, young players in the NBA.  Proud to say, the Hawks have some mighty fine young men on our team !!

:yahoo:

• Like 4

I don't disagree with the ranking. NO and Dallas are ahead of us because Doncic and Zion are seen as a more sure thing to become a superstar than Young. Sixers and Nuggets are the greatest young squads on the league now and I agree that if Denver hits with one of Bol and Porter Jr that would be a steal to win a ring. I would have loved Hawks to spend a 2nd round on Bol instead of selling it.

Meh.....

NO needs to prove something first. Their ranking is on the merit of a "sure thing" in Zion but he hasn't done anything yet.

Same thing for Dallas. They have 2 guys and the rest of their roster is meh. I'm not convinced Luka is any better than Trae but he gets more hype obviously. 

I also dont think Boston should be ahead of a team like Memphis.

• Like 3

I am ok with it. The rankings are just as much about hype as it is about real production. If Reddish and Cam come through as rookies we will be top three next year.

I did think it was funny that they could put the Pelicans at #4 due to Zion but could not rank the Bucks because Giannis is considered a one man core.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If Reddish and Cam come through as rookies we will be top three next year.

Cam being the small forward that will start over Hunter and Reddish is the point guard that will back up Trae? Lol!

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Cam being the small forward that will start over Hunter and Reddish is the point guard that will back up Trae? Lol!

How about they just get about 30 minutes a game and have solid rookie seasons. I am down with that. Prince and Bazemore alone accounted for 52.7 minutes combined.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Meh.....

NO needs to prove something first. Their ranking is on the merit of a "sure thing" in Zion but he hasn't done anything yet.

Same thing for Dallas. They have 2 guys and the rest of their roster is meh. I'm not convinced Luka is any better than Trae but he gets more hype obviously. 

I also dont think Boston should be ahead of a team like Memphis.

I think Dallas have two young studs (if healthy) in Luka and Kristpas. Other than that they aren't younger than us and certainly hard to think they are better at this point. But our young core will turn a corner once we gain another year of experience and then splash some cash in FA to round out our team. 

As far as the dreaded Trae vs. Luka stuff...Luka is a more rounded player at this point than Trae (but only marginally). They are different players and I am very glad we have Trae. With or without Reddish I was sold on Trae (over Luka) before the season had ended. Now let's hope Reddish is the steal in the draft most of us think he is!

• Like 1

For me we are not top 3, NO is better than us. Ball, Ingram, Zion, Hayes, NAW.... Dallas, Doncic and Kristaps are a hell of a duo, add Brunson and Powell...

I think we are betting too much in Hunter and Cam and we don't know what we have yet, they might be busts.

23 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

For me we are not top 3, NO is better than us. Ball, Ingram, Zion, Hayes, NAW.... Dallas, Doncic and Kristaps are a hell of a duo, add Brunson and Powell...

I think we are betting too much in Hunter and Cam and we don't know what we have yet, they might be busts.

Dallas? I already think Trae better than Luka and I need KP back to KP before I can judge them. 

Half of NO players like NAW, Zion and Hayes are completely unproven at this time. So that means we using Zo and BI v. Trae/Kev/Collins. Easily Hawks. 

The Hawks big 3 are proven. I got them at #3. 

LOL at the 2nd sentence. Those two are going to be beast at what they do. If those two do what they do, we are easily #1. 

Edited by NBASupes