• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What's your Five predictions for 2019-2020 NBA Hawks season

NBASupes

On 7/20/2019 at 3:25 PM, hazer said:

I’m a ‘Dre fan too, and the fact that he’s the only Pudenholzer player remaining is telling. But Schlank likes him for the same reason I do: the perfect Swiss Army knife coming off the bench (2nd and 3rd string) at 3 positions. He’s definitely the type of player winning teams keep around. But he won’t be starting ahead of The Huert, Code Reddish, and The Hunter 💫

On that cheap rookie contract, Bembry is worth keeping around. Next season if he ends up wanting 4 - 5 million a year, then we will know how much he is valued. I like his energy and the fact he is willing to do some of the dirty work. He seems to be a good teammate as well: but the .605 FT shooting and .281 3PT% is something this team can do without.

Of all our non PG players last season, Bembry also had the highest TO per 100 possessions on our team; and it really was not close. He may be an adequate defender but he is also a contributor to two of our main weaknesses: poor efficiency and high turnovers. Maybe we keep him around but he will never get paid to be a primary role player. To many holes in his game.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Resurrecting this (as I meant to post here a couple days ago):

1. Hawks go 37-45.
2. Kevin Huerter makes a solid leap, averaging 14 PPG and shooting 40% from 3.
3. Cam Reddish gets off to a slow start, but in the last 41 games he starts showing signs, then in the final 20, we see him have a couple 40+ point games. Supes starts making predictions about how he's gonna be a big time sophomore and be 3rd team All NBA.
4. De'Andre Hunter starts for most of the year and plays most of his minutes...at SF as a solid role player. But in the latter stages of the season, he does start coming off the bench and we start discussing if it should be him or Huerter off the bench for 20/21.
5. Last 41 games will hold a 24-17 record, powered by Reddish coming alive, just miss the playoffs by 2 games, but establish optimism for 20/21. 

An extended run of promising games culminating in a couple of 40 point nights for Cam will not result in Supes predicting 3rd team All-NBA.  It will be a 1st team prediction.

And like Supes' other predictions I will simultaneously think he is being too aggressive and rooting for him to be right.

• Haha 4

1. Trae hits 4 game winners and becomes the coldest dude in the clutch since Joe Johnson (another Hawk?!)

2. Hunter doesn't put up big stats but looks NIIIICE.

3. Damian Jones looks like straight ass all season and makes us miss Plumlee

4. Somebody on the Squawk sees Parsons at the club while the Hawks are playing.

5. We sweep the Celtics, Trae stops Parsons from Tebowing on their logo because we're above that, and the Celtics fans' heads explode trying to convince themselves Tatum's better than Trae.

Bonus: the Celtics crumble again and fall to the 7th seed when they realize Kyrie wasn't the issue, the problem was they suck and have nothing positive to offer the NBA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

1. Trae hits 4 game winners and becomes the coldest dude in the clutch since Joe Johnson (another Hawk?!)

2. Hunter doesn't put up big stats but looks NIIIICE.

3. Damian Jones looks like straight ass all season and makes us miss Plumlee

4. Somebody on the Squawk sees Parsons at the club while the Hawks are playing.

5. We sweep the Celtics, Trae stops Parsons from Tebowing on their logo because we're above that, and the Celtics fans' heads explode trying to convince themselves Tatum's better than Trae.

Bonus: the Celtics crumble again and fall to the 7th seed when they realize Kyrie wasn't the issue, the problem was they suck and have nothing positive to offer the NBA.

Das cold! ❄️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I did this but I’d like to add a #6

6. We sweep 🧹 the champion Raptors 3-0 after they swept us last year.

I just beat them in OT at Philips in 2k 124-120. Trae and Huerter both with 30 points and 10 dimes. Reddish 23/6/6. It’s funny when Trae looked to get people involved early everything opened up for him just like real life. Am I an old geezer or are these video game’s eerily accurate these days?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Das cold! ❄️

I’m taking names. I’m saying Jones needs to get the nod over Len. Trae is better with Damian. Then again I did bet on Jarrett Jack a few years back and that didn’t work out. 😞 

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I did this but I’d like to add a #6

6. We sweep 🧹 the champion Raptors 3-0 after they swept us last year.

I just beat them in OT at Philips in 2k  Reddish 23/6/6.  Am I an old geezer or are these video game’s eerily accurate these days?

We can only hope! Go Hawks and geter done Travis!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

3) Collins will posterize Zion Williamson . . . Zion will attempt to get him back, but fail

Will be interested in seeing Zion's weight before and of course after Turkey Day. Him posterizing JC will require tremendous elevation and am assuming JC will body up against him and all those consumed multi Whopper meals making it a good bit more difficult.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2019 at 11:44 AM, HawkItus said:

1. LP establishes a top 15 defense this year

2.  We play at a top 3 pace

3.  We have a top 10 offense

4. we are over .500 at home

5.  Trae makes the All-star team

The Atlanta Hawks ranked 28th in defense last year. Today they are ranked 10th in defense. So if we're judging rookies this early, is it too early to start asking which rookies have had the greatest impact on their team right now? I'm liking DeAndre Hunter & Cam Reddish.

My predictions are holding up nicely

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 7/15/2019 at 8:04 PM, Peoriabird said:

1. The Hawks will again struggle defensively especially in the paint

2. Cam Reddish will get off to a slow start and will come off the bench

3. Jabari Parker will flourish with the Hawks averaging over16 points per game off the bench

4. Huerter will only slightly improve his scoring average to about 13 ppg and might lose his starting job to Reddish later in the year.

5. Both Trae and John will be 20/10 players

The Hawks are who we thought they were!

• Thanks 1