• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kevin Huerter Article - Don't write off the Huert!

marco102

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm so excited for the next phase of his development. You can see  his developing muscle definition!

We could really have a three point shooting starting five like no other in the East.

Trae Young 3PT 36% After the All Star Break

Kevin Huerter 3PT 38.5%

DeAndre Hunter 3PT 43.8%

John Collins 3PT 34.8%

Alex Len 3PT 36.3%

This offense feels like Bud Ball all over again; with the threes raining down. But with a hell of a lot better PG and SG in the starting lineup than Teague/Schröder and Bazemore ever could be.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

He needs a po*n-stache.

You old farts need to leave the kid alone and let the kid be the kid! From the Equalizer, Denzel says the "old man has to be the old man and the fish has to be the fish."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

New age Pistol 🔫 

Man you know people would lose their collective sh*t if we started calling #HeurtSoGuud something like "Pistol".

Half our crowd'd be ...

tenor.gif

Eh, at least we'd sell out, I guess?

Ok, I think I may have gone to far on that'n.  Lemme log out 'fore I get stoned.  But first, how cool was that dude Pete?  His jersey literally said "Pistol".  Bawse.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

His jersey literally said "Pistol".  Bawse

Seriously awesome 👏 Pistol. I have the same jersey from the era, the green one but mine says SHAREEF. 😆 I think I have jerseys from every Hawks era since the mid 80’s. 

It’s in my profile pic. One of my favs. I also like the alternate yellow jersey from 2005. Canary yellow, I have a Marvin William in that one ☝🏾. 😞 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2019 at 10:05 AM, NBASupes said:

I get the feeling that Hunter with some posters will be the new Josh Smith v. Al Horford. Josh Smith guys used to interject Smoove into every thread especially with me who was an obvious Horford supporter. It was lame then and it's lame now and unlike Smoove, I actually like Hunter. A lot. 

I refuse to address it moving forward, this thread is about Kevin Huerter 

No that belongs to a guy over in Sacramento... A freakish Josh Smith Clone that guy is.. Hopefully he keeps his noggin screwed on straight all the time unlike Josh

hace 47 minutos, JayBirdHawk dijo:

Great article, Huerter definately need to add strength and weight, same as Collins and Young but his offensive tools are great for a 19th year old. I think Hunter, Reddish and Crabbe's addition will make tougher to find minutes and he needs to elevate his game. I am expecting a great season from him.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

“With a nightmare draft...” I stopped reading right there. Dude done lost his damn mind ✋🏽

• Like 2

It's a nightmare because of the following:

1) Atlanta acquired too many assets and it hurt their position in trading assets because teams knew we needed to unload some. We had too many picks for the positions we had with the cap. We needed to add more salary and couldn't with that many picks.

2) It was not a good draft class this year. Although Hunter and Cam are probably 2 of the best 6 or 7 prospects in the class, the class as a whole was devoid of superstar talent. The top 3 prospects all upside at all-star, not superstar..even Zion. There are questions with pretty much every player in the class.  Zion's weight/health, Morant's size/competition step up, Barrett's consistency/motor, Hunter (was it system or talent) and so on.  Last year pretty much every analyst had the 1st 5 picks pegged for stardom with the only question being ceiling.

3) The original target for the Hawks was Barrett. The draft was a "nightmare" because they wanted Barrett at 3 overall and the Knicks needed a star more than they needed picks. 

4) The Hawks were hoping to parlay their picks into other talent....that didn't happen. They ended up making 3 picks and acquiring no one of consequence for the other picks.

When the writer speaks of disaster, he isn't talking about the absolute freaking steal Bruno was at 34 or luck o,f getting Cam at 10 (instead of 6-8 where he should have gone). He's talking about going into the draft with a future pick from Cleveland, 8, 10, 17, 35, 41, 44 and a multitude of expiring deals.  They entered the draft with 7 total picks in play (6 this year and 1 future) and came out with 3 picks and a player they honestly could have received (Parsons) by trading a 2nd round pick.  So ya...disaster is right.  They acquired too much and it put them at a disadvantageous position for negotiating. I wrote a quick blurb about it back in April/May...not sure which thread.

It wasn't a criticism of the players received. They're thrilled with that. The issue was value and missing out on the best fit next to Trae, Huerter, Collins which was Barrett.  Barrett here would have been great for his development but stunted his immediate star power. But make no mistake, he was a better fit day one than either Bazemore, Bembry or Prince.  They swung and missed by acquiring too many picks in a very average draft year.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1