Brunson:  77 games / 30 clutch

What stands out here?

Edited by REHawksFan

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

"Chill"

"We move"

"Rent Free"

"I am ATL"

This is some next level trolling of the dumb Twitter fans that crucify him for speaking, not speaking, and anything else he does or doesn't do. LOL

Tops it off with the, "Real $***" comment. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

"Chill"

"We move"

"Rent Free"

"I am ATL"

This is some next level trolling of the dumb Twitter fans that crucify him for speaking, not speaking, and anything else he does or doesn't do. LOL

Tops it off with the, "Real $***" comment. 

Maybe.  No need to go full Sherlock Holmes on Trae this offseason, but I can understand why some people are concerned with his behavior.  A simple tweet itself might not be meaningful, or the absence of one, but it is a change of behavior-- I'm pretty sure he used to welcome all of our rookie draft picks via twitter.  I also recall him watching summer league games with his teammates.  But this summer he's tweeting about Reed Sheppard and I haven't seen him any teammates all offseason.

Again, easy to dismiss everything on the surface but it's the change from the norm that concerns people.  My guess is this is either because 1. he's privately asked the Hawks to consider deals where he can go to a team he thinks is a contender or 2. a distancing reaction [that he will get over] from him that he no longer has a voice in front office decisions (presumably around drafting at #1 rather than trading it).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Maybe.  No need to go full Sherlock Holmes on Trae this offseason, but I can understand why some people are concerned with his behavior.  A simple tweet itself might not be meaningful, or the absence of one, but it is a change of behavior-- I'm pretty sure he used to welcome all of our rookie draft picks via twitter.  I also recall him watching summer league games with his teammates.  But this summer he's tweeting about Reed Sheppard and I haven't seen him any teammates all offseason.

Again, easy to dismiss everything on the surface but it's the change from the norm that concerns people.  My guess is this is either because 1. he's privately asked the Hawks to consider deals where he can go to a team he thinks is a contender or 2. a distancing reaction [that he will get over] from him that he no longer has a voice in front office decisions (presumably around drafting at #1 rather than trading it).  

I agree that something seems different.  In the interview they talked about east teams getting better and he said something like 'but we'll try to come out and shock everybody'.   Which is fine but it's definitely not 'we got a lot better too'.  

This season has to go near perfect for him to be here next year is my opinion.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I just disagree with this whole line of thinking. I posted the words from his actual tweet. CHILL. RENT FREE. I AM ATL.

You are jumping to a conclusion that hes asking for a trade or distancing himself based on nothing. Literally based on him not tweeting. 

It's far more likely based on that tweet that he's calling out people just like you that think you know what he's doing or what he thinks. 

• Like 2

Another possibility.  Hawks may not be finished trading before the season begins.  Trae knows this.  If he had a lot of the current team around him and then some got traded - - Well, that would be different.  Before this summer we didn't think this way.

:ahf:

• Like 3

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I just disagree with this whole line of thinking. I posted the words from his actual tweet. CHILL. RENT FREE. I AM ATL.

You are jumping to a conclusion that hes asking for a trade or distancing himself based on nothing. Literally based on him not tweeting. 

It's far more likely based on that tweet that he's calling out people just like you that think you know what he's doing or what he thinks. 

Definitely could be but if he knows people are questioning his relationship with the team and getting the wrong idea then why not just directly set the record straight rather than being so cryptic?   He easily could be seen wearing Hawks gear which hasn't happened since the season ended.  Everyone knows he was in vegas all week but didn't go to the game when his other teammates did.  That's weird stuff.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah, all speculative for sure, I understand the argument and @Gray Mule could absolutely be right that Trae knows we're not done dealing and is waiting for that.  Still odd not to welcome a first pick that there is zero chance of being shipped out at this point.  Waiting until after the draft day is prudent, but is he waiting until after summer league?  Until training camp?  It's just odd man, no one can deny it's odd we had the number one pick for the first time ever and our franchise player has zero excitement about it or any public comment about the pick or the player.  Feels like he's starting to treat his role with the Hawks as a 9-5 instead of as our franchise player, which is pretty telling to me.

50 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, all speculative for sure, I understand the argument and @Gray Mule could absolutely be right that Trae knows we're not done dealing and is waiting for that.  Still odd not to welcome a first pick that there is zero chance of being shipped out at this point.  Waiting until after the draft day is prudent, but is he waiting until after summer league?  Until training camp?  It's just odd man, no one can deny it's odd we had the number one pick for the first time ever and our franchise player has zero excitement about it or any public comment about the pick or the player.  Feels like he's starting to treat his role with the Hawks as a 9-5 instead of as our franchise player, which is pretty telling to me.

You see what you want to see I guess. I just don't think there's anything to it. He's already publicly stated that he's texted with ZR. But because he didn't tweet about him for you to see, it must mean he wants to be traded or he's distancing himself? That's some Grade A horse 💩

Did JJ tweet about ZR and welcome him to the team? 

Did Bogi? 

Did anyone?

I don't know, maybe they did. But i haven't seen it. Even so, it still doesn't mean anything. Especially when he's literally now wearing a hat that says, I AM ATL. 

I guess the RENT FREE hat is more applicable for some of yall. 

But maybe the CHILL hat is what ya actually need. 

• Like 3