• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, shakes said:

those are ugly as fcck.     The Ice Trae 1s are still the best by far and I have two pair of them.  One never leaving the box.

Yeah the 1s are by far the best.  I feel like shoe rollouts are so far overboard from what they should be these days-- you don't need a new shoe every season, it doesn't even seem like best practice for the player to be doing that.  I wish they'd just get a "perfect" shoe for themselves, release it, and then if you want successive rollouts, do different colors or designs or art on them, i dont care.  Repeat buyers are going to be collectors mostly anyways so why change the whole shoe every year?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

collectors

I wish I had collected half the shoes I wore on the court throughout my life. I’d have those sweet black air Jordan’s from the 89 Cavs playoff series where the Bulls went all black. I hated the Bulls but that air jordan 3? 4? Was so perfect on my feet 🦶 that I got a pair in blue n white after the black ones 89-90. 

The early 90’s shoes 👟 were better like the basketball 🏀 itself it felt more authentic to me. Now it’s all about change and mass production but it’s the fans like us who love shoes and 🏀 that suffer.

I dunno 🤷‍♀️ I’m old I guess. GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! 😡 

ps If you’re around my age.. this will make you feel old AF. Have a great weekend. 🤣 

Cheers 🍻 was an awesome 👏 show although I do associate it with delays of baseball games..well that and MASH. 

IMG_6980.jpeg

Ps @kg01 is our resident Cliff 🏃‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Our 🆕 big 3 led by Trae?

IMG_7012.jpeg

lol Trae indoctrinating them into his crappy podcast.  While we're knocking the ceiling with brooms today, that's another pet peeve (in addition to perennial shoe releases) of mine-- all these crap ass podcasts cropping up everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

lol Trae indoctrinating them into his crappy podcast.  While we're knocking the ceiling with brooms today, that's another pet peeve (in addition to perennial shoe releases) of mine-- all these crap ass podcasts cropping up everywhere.

I know right...

So .... jefe, wanna be the first guest on me and @Spud2nique's podcast? 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Trae, Jalen, and Garrison Mathews in a summer run together:

I just watched the whole thing.  To anyone that hasn't, I don't recommend lol my faith in those 45 wins went down after watching this, even though I know this is probably some of the first ball these guys are playing before training camp.  Shooting was awful from all three, I don't think Trae made a single three in like 5-6 attempts.  Hope he works on that and his floater for next season

FOR YOUR INFORMATION

A recent article from SI tells us that Atlanta may trade Trae Young.  Why?  Because the Hawk team is cemented in mediocrity and is unable to move forward.  

We know that some of these "experts" don't really believe in what we have, but, gee whiz, this is a low blow.  Are we really that bad?  Is there no hope for the future of our beloved Atlanta Hawks?  We are not a great championship team.  Not yet.  However, I believe, being an eternal optimist, that we will be much improved from last season.  We had a lot of key players injured and didn't have a lot of deep replacement players available.  I believe that we've strengthened our bench.

Come on, Squawk posters.  Help the old man believe!  Don't tell me that I am all alone.

🥲

• Like 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION

A recent article from SI tells us that Atlanta may trade Trae Young.  Why?  Because the Hawk team is cemented in mediocrity and is unable to move forward.  

We know that some of these "experts" don't really believe in what we have, but, gee whiz, this is a low blow.  Are we really that bad?  Is there no hope for the future of our beloved Atlanta Hawks?  We are not a great championship team.  Not yet.  However, I believe, being an eternal optimist, that we will be much improved from last season.  We had a lot of key players injured and didn't have a lot of deep replacement players available.  I believe that we've strengthened our bench.

Come on, Squawk posters.  Help the old man believe!  Don't tell me that I am all alone.

🥲

There's a lot that needs to go right this season particularly with the improvement/expectation of the young guys and how Trae can elevate them and how they themselves meet or exceed our expectations.

It's all about Hope.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's a lot that needs to go right this season particularly with the improvement/expectation of the young guys and how Trae can elevate them and how they themselves meet or exceed our expectations.

It's all about Hope.

Landry Fields - athletespeakers

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. - Landry Fields

• Like 2

Vegas apparently agrees with SI.  Atlanta ended last season with a 36/46 record.  Their projection for this season?  35.5 wins!  Can't even reach last season's win total.  (I still can't understand how anyone gets that .5 win!)

Why can't the Hawks do better?  Because all the other teams in the east have improved so much.  This is the story we hear every summer as far back as I can remember.  Isn't it strange.  Every year, every team except Atlanta always improves.

???????? 🥲

GO ATL HAWKS!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2