• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION

A recent article from SI tells us that Atlanta may trade Trae Young.  Why?  Because the Hawk team is cemented in mediocrity and is unable to move forward.  

We know that some of these "experts" don't really believe in what we have, but, gee whiz, this is a low blow.  Are we really that bad?  Is there no hope for the future of our beloved Atlanta Hawks?  We are not a great championship team.  Not yet.  However, I believe, being an eternal optimist, that we will be much improved from last season.  We had a lot of key players injured and didn't have a lot of deep replacement players available.  I believe that we've strengthened our bench.

Come on, Squawk posters.  Help the old man believe!  Don't tell me that I am all alone.

🥲

• Thanks 3

23 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yo BenHilly.....a moment of your time :er: :thinking:

Screenshot_20240916_132903_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240916_132917_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240916_133733_Gallery.jpg

@benhillboy

I’ve been saying Trae been in the wrong role here since forever

IMG_7428.thumb.jpeg.055518a7143db7e23457580925d78a84.jpegIMG_7427.thumb.jpeg.dc907c42b09c8ced11c6e470acb955d3.jpegIMG_7426.thumb.jpeg.c0c3a9753c89c87e8c0912205d664d0d.jpeg

I’ve evaluated him perfectly since day one.  His stock is horrible at the moment regardless of the baseless media bashing that goes on here.  Which is why I never really engaged in any arguments or debates in the past.  I know I’m as spot on with him as I was with Butler and Curry.  I’ve seen way more than enough of the kid to know he simply can’t measure up to the steadily improving guards who don’t pile up turnovers, are true three level scorers (Trae has been relegated to shaky at all three levels) and can actually provide some defensive value.  There is no value in his bulk assisting.  Hawks average 16th in assists in his career.  His poor understanding of off ball movement and connective passing renders it even more hollow.

I like how y’all lurking for me at real GM 😆. People understand the relationship of metrics to tape and two way value a bit more than here which has always disappointed me.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2024 at 11:51 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

For some reference, Goodwill consistently trashes Trae.  And, if the Jax in that tweet is Jason Jackson aka the Heat nad-sucker, I bet that was a pretty contentious interview for Bawb.

I dont understand the level of blame fixed on Trae, singularly, while others are allowed to finger-point their teammates whenever they fail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sheesh, how'd ZR even know about this weekend considering Trae never tweeted about him being drafted?

angela-martin-eye-roll-eye-roll-the-offi

All them Shakespeare super-fans still makin' much ado about nothin'..... 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4