• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I guess if you consider guys like Harden role players too.   Trae's on court impact is pretty huge and is right there with mvp candidates.   His defense brings him down some but certainly not to role player status.  

The proof is in eye test.   Role players don't get double/triple teamed.  they aren't the focus of other teams gameplan, they aren't the guy you're trying to deny the ball full court.   I mean Trae is a lot of things.  It ain't role player by my definition. 

Yeah.....Benny missed the mark on this one.  The art of a good troll is it has to at least be plausible enough to be believable.  This was just straight nonsense.  

And you bring up a good point.  Teams routinely target him to take him out of the game more so than any player in the NBA it seems like.  At first it was because the Hawks didn't have anyone else to beat them so it was a sound strategy.

But since Nate took over and Bogie got healthy, they have multiple weapons but teams still throw everything and the kitchen sink at Trae.  Why?  Cuz he's a damn superstar that can single-handedly take over and win the game for the Hawks. That's why.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Does Trae make an all-NBA team this year?

You see names like Beal and Lavine tossed around but, if Trae was too much of a loser to make it last year, not sure how those guys are locks this year.

Trae may not deserve 1st team but he deserves 2nd or 3rd.

Nah . . he won't make it.

• Beal leads the league in scoring
  • Westbrook is averaging a triple -double
  • Mitchell plays on the best team in the league
  • Curry is playing better than anyone right now
  • "that dude in Dallas" all people love
  • Harden and Irving should be disqualified due to the number of games they missed, but the team played well when healthy 
  • Lillard has played at a high level all year

Those will all be reasons used to keep Trae off the list.

If you compile the list by points created, Trae would be a 2nd teamer.

• Harden - 52.2
  • that dude from Dallas - 50.9
  • Young - 49.7
  • Westbrook - 49.6 
  • Lillard - 46.9
  • Curry - 46.4
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nah . . he won't make it.

• Beal leads the league in scoring
  • Westbrook is averaging a triple -double
  • Mitchell plays on the best team in the league
  • Curry is playing better than anyone right now
  • "that dude in Dallas" all people love
  • Harden and Irving should be disqualified due to the number of games they missed, but the team played well when healthy 
  • Lillard has played at a high level all year

Those will all be reasons used to keep Trae off the list.

If you compile the list by points created, Trae would be a 2nd teamer.

• Harden - 52.2
  • that dude from Dallas - 50.9
  • Young - 49.7
  • Westbrook - 49.6 
  • Lillard - 46.9
  • Curry - 46.4

Curry leads the league in scoring.  🙂  So you can remove Bradley now.

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Yeah I know everyone knows this but still its kinda ridiculous just the same. Really am sorry @Spud2niqueCurry is now averaging 39.9 points, 6.6 rebounds and 4.3 assists over 10 games in April. So 33 is the new 23 am guessing. Seems the ankle worries from a decade ago actually did work itself out.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Yeah I know everyone knows this but still its kinda ridiculous just the same. Really am sorry @Spud2niqueCurry is now averaging 39.9 points, 6.6 rebounds and 4.3 assists over 10 games in April. So 33 is the new 23 am guessing. Seems the ankle worries from a decade ago actually did work itself out.

He's a generational talent that's doing what he has to do to keep his team in Playoff contention. I've always respected him as a player and am glad to see him back to his old self.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I guess we only agree on 99% of things T. Ok fine, Curry is obviously getting in the hall but how many players have gotten in that people dislike. I got Bird, any Celtic ever and Curry amongst them for the future. Does he deserve it, ya, can I still hate on him, sure. 😂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Nah I hope they all come at you, bro.

I've had this gif on ice for a while.  Been dying for a reason to break it out.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470hckvqfddgknj8bmmi

Since we are all at Benny’s doorstep 🚪 with pitchforks, now might be a good time to put this out there. Benny’s avatar, I’m gonna be renting it for a month, suggestions are welcomed. @kg01 @JayBirdHawk @marco102 @TheNorthCydeRises and his sidekick @REHawksFan 😉 come one come all! Let’s really make him pay for thinking the Hawks weren’t playoff bound this year!!!!

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This was a good read!

Yes it was, but he said at the beginning that he was going to watch Trae even when he didn't have the ball and then he didn't speak much to that at all.  Would have liked more on Trae's movement or lack thereof without the ball.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, REHawksFan said:

Yes it was, but he said at the beginning that he was going to watch Trae even when he didn't have the ball and then he didn't speak much to that at all.  Would have liked more on Trae's movement or lack thereof without the ball.  

someone asked in the comment section - said there wasn't much to discuss - since Trae does nothing off ball - said it's not a part of his game...yet!

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Seems like he does the 'trying too hard' thing to prove himself on the big stage.  Hopefully McMillan helps calm him, help him realize letting the game come to him is the better path.

It's obvious from Nate's first game that he told Trae 'save something for the fourth quarter'.   I think Nate's influence on Trae has been huge.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's obvious from Nate's first game that he told Trae 'save something for the fourth quarter'.   I think Nate's influence on Trae has been huge.

Perhaps you missed the recap of McMillan's interview I posted about a week ago?

It's ok, I know you largely ignore me.  It doesn't even hurt my feelings anymore.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47t5fkyuekrwt9ih7w59

Anyways, he said one of the first things he worked on was teaching them you can't play the 1st quarter the same as you play the 4th.  He repeated the same when asked specifically about his message to Trae.

It's obviously a focal point so kudos to you for picking up on it.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47txkr1tnfsato1yrnfh5

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

54 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Perhaps you missed the recap of McMillan's interview I posted about a week ago?

It's ok, I know you largely ignore me.  It doesn't even hurt my feelings anymore.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47t5fkyuekrwt9ih7w59

Anyways, he said one of the first things he worked on was teaching them you can't play the 1st quarter the same as you play the 4th.  He repeated the same when asked specifically about his message to Trae.

It's obviously a focal point so kudos to you for picking up on it.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47txkr1tnfsato1yrnfh5

Plus this from Trae himself:

“I love starting the game getting everybody involved and trying to get everybody involved, so everybody has a good feel and a good rhythm going into the game,” Young said after the game. “As the game goes on, everybody is warm and has touched the ball already, so everybody feels good. As the game goes on, I continue to look to be more aggressive. I love to get teammates involved early and run a lot of plays, like pindowns, to get other guys involved in spots they like it. As the game goes on, try to be more aggressive. My teammates be asking me and telling me to be more aggressive as the game goes on. It works both ways. I’m happy I have the teammates I do.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He did have that 8 game stretch closer to the start of the season that was not great at all but I'm happy with his season overall.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that he puts up a split that includes a 44-45% FG and a 3 point percentage of around 37-38%. Maybe a season of 24 PTs/10 AST too...

• Like 1