• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's forcing the Hawks to guard him tight because he can flat out shoot, and that allows opportunities to get calls. Shooting is very important.

We already have a shooter with no length at sg..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, enrique said:

Just checking in and saw the heat had 45 free throws???? Is that a typo? Are we that outmanned on speed and positioning or what?

Herro was baiting all of our defenders and Butler got all of the calls when he went inside.

And yeah, you see Trae go for baiting himself plenty. There's not much you can really say here as while some rules have changed, this is a part of basketball.

I would say watch film about the baiting to prepare for next game, but it's not consistent so all I can say is shrug. Get in the ice bath and hopefully Trae will be healthy soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Herro was baiting all of our defenders and Butler got all of the calls when he went inside.

And yeah, you see Trae go for baiting himself plenty. There's not much you can really say here as while some rules have changed, this is a part of basketball.

I would say watch film about the baiting to prepare for next game, but it's not consistent so all I can say is shrug. Get in the ice bath and hopefully Trae will be healthy soon.

The most egregious was the foul on Fernando that was clearly not a foul reviewed and not changed. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Anyone for a Adams + Dennis trade from OKC for some of our expiring contracts? 

I would. Both come are off the books come 2021 free agency. There really isn't anyone worth signing from the 2020 draft class, imo. Assuming Davis his player option. Even if he doesn't I doubt he signs with us anyway.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

I would. Both come are off the books come 2021 free agency. There really isn't anyone worth signing from the 2020 draft class, imo. Assuming Davis his player option. Even if he doesn't I doubt he signs with us anyway.

Yup I’d do it in a heartbeat. Gives us a real backup point and effective starting defensive center.

Edited by JTB

Cam played particularly bad tonight. His defense was trash till the 4th QT. His offense wasn't in rhythm at all and yes, his terrible +/- is accurate. I don't feel Len's was accurate. I didn't think he looked that bad tonight but this matchup is tough for him as both bigs live on the perimeter. One setting screens and the other just stands at the 3pt line. 

That said, Cam's positives were he was a good decision maker out of the PnR. He really has great vision but like Trae in NOV, Cam's game is still raw. He has to learn when to put touch on it and when to throw it with speed. The game started to slow down for him late. Of course, the dunk. But outside of that, he was ass. 

Hunter was asschecks. He was just as bad as Cam but played better defense and missed a lot less rotations. His offense was tragic. He was a mess and looked tired all night. 

At the end of the day, these are rookies on their first B2B. They gave effort for the most part so I can't bitch too much. 

I felt Bruno had his moments and was far more effective than the lotto guys but he too looked lost, confused, dazed and out of position more times than I can count. He was extremely abused on switches. He was apart of the unit that made a big run and he didn't do anything to screw it up so he gets kudos. At least more than the lotto gang. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not a Cam hater by any means. Great guy and teammate. But 0-14 from three? That might be a record for most missed threes to start a career. Something isn't right.

He’ll be ok . If I had to be honest I don’t feel like cam is being aggressive enough when his opportunities come offensively. 

id like to see him assert himself more When it comes to scoring and play with that swagger I know he possesses.

by the way for anyone.....I missed the post game interviews....what was the latest on trae ?

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not a Cam hater by any means. Great guy and teammate. But 0-14 from three? That might be a record for most missed threes to start a career. Something isn't right.

7 - 32 FG ( 22% ) . . . 0 - 14 3FG

Take away the 3s, and hes 7 - 18 FG ( 39% )

Instead of acting like he's a knockdown shooter, maybe LP should play him more like Turner, and have him go to the basket. 

I liked how he ran the pick and roll tonight as the ball handler.  With Trae out, LP should explore doing that a little more.  Problem with that is that the defense will make Cam shoot the ball, and take away the pass to the roll man.  But now we're talking about a 15 footer that Cam could can make at a higher rate, instead of a 3 pointer.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

7 - 32 FG ( 22% ) . . . 0 - 14 3FG

Take away the 3s, and hes 7 - 18 FG ( 39% )

Instead of acting like he's a knockdown shooter, maybe LP should play him more like Turner, and have him go to the basket. 

I liked how he ran the pick and roll tonight as the ball handler.  With Trae out, LP should explore doing that a little more.  Problem with that is that the defense will make Cam shoot the ball, and take away the pass to the roll man.  But now we're talking about a 15 footer that Cam could can make at a higher rate, instead of a 3 pointer.

Actually, this is a really good idea. I want him to take threes. Wide-open only till he gets out of his funk but he should just adjust his game as LeBron does. Without Trae, we need a lead guard. Cam was the only one that didn't look completely like shit doing it tonight. Kevin looked good in the 1st QT doing it and even going into HT but in the 2nd half, they bumrushed his dribble and he was trash after that. They bumrushed Cam too but he made them pay several times for doing it and he is really agile in traffic when in control. Maybe we should have him be Turner 2.0 till he starts shooting well again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

But youre ready to trade him after 4 games??smh

• Like 2