• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trae Young: Sprained Ankle (Reportedly back for SA gm TUE)

NBASupes

15 hours ago, High5 said:

If he missed exactly 2 weeks then that would be 6 games. Not the end of the world. Unfortunately Thursday is 1 of our 2 TNT games. Hopefully the guys can at least make it competitive. Would be cool for one of the rookies to break out. 

Yeah, I am reminding myself that two weeks ago plenty of losses were expected early and even with that was feeling we squeeze into the playoffs with a strong second half of the season. So I'll definitely stick with that playoff run since as you said we are only talking six games hopefully at most. Ready to see what we do with those six coming up.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

While we may struggle, this will also be a blessing in disguise.  This will force LP to do a little more coaching and come up with offensive sets that aren't extensively of the pick and roll nature.

I'm particularly going to be watching how Collins, Huerter and Bembry respond with no Trae in the lineup.  These are the guys that need to step up big time and not only provide a scoring punch, but also to facilitate for others.

From Collins, I want him to average 22+ ppg - 11+ rebs - 3+ asst with no Trae in the lineup.  I really him to push himself to handle more of the offensive load and see if he can be a true #1 option in the offense.  His outside shooting last night was definitely nice to see.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Hoping for the best.  What a big friggin bummer.   

I agree that the coaches and team learning to be good without trae on the court is a good thing though.  we have other weapons, just need to learn to use them.   

This... Especially this early in the season it actually could work in our favor.