• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trae Young: Sprained Ankle (Reportedly back for SA gm TUE)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s easy to play Monday morning QB soth Comon now. And how do the Nuggs lose to the Mavs. Damnit Soth have a talk with ur boy Yolk!

when we got turner I said the same thing. we need a real backup PG. I don't know why they didn't bring Lin back.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s easy to play Monday morning QB soth Comon now. And how do the Nuggs lose to the Mavs. Damnit Soth have a talk with ur boy Yolk!

I know I wasn't a fan of the Turner at PG experiment from the beginning.

The Joker....too incondition maaaan!! He's lumbering on the court.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

A talk with his boy Yolk?  How about a talk with his boy kitty-kat?  That tussle-fest was only topped by him tappin' out from Simmons' choke-hold.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

when we got turner I said the same thing. we need a real backup PG. I don't know why they didn't bring Lin back.

Lin had one good month last season and was bad the rest of the time. That's why no one signed him. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I was told I’d never hear 👂🏽 his name again. Lin is currently trying to be a mediator in the China fiasco but Chinese people don’t even accept him as their own. 

Lin needs to just go away. Stop trying to show the world ur mister perfect. I hate that lil turd 💩 Lin. 

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Some of us were well aware of that the moment we traded for Turner and said he would be our backup QB.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Some of us were well aware of that the moment we traded for Turner and said he would be our backup QB.

Oh no you can go back. I was one of the biggest Turner haters. I’m just saying people wouldn’t be saying this had Trae not gotten hurt. He won’t be out long anyways. I do agree  we needed a better backup pg but we were also all in on the fact that we needed to get the young guys some burn so we added non threats (of playing time) guys like Turner. But now Turner gets some burn, let’s see what he does.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh no you can go back. I was one of the biggest Turner haters. I’m just saying people wouldn’t be saying this had Trae not gotten hurt. He won’t be out long anyways. I do agree  we needed a better backup pg but we were also all in on the fact that we needed to get the young guys some burn so we added non threats (of playing time) guys like Turner. But now Turner gets some burn, let’s see what he does.

Hopefully he can contribute but all the sets will have to dramatically change with him handling the ball.  That doesn't lead to a lot of growth or cohesion.  Would have liked to see us with a credible shooter manning that role so we could run much of the same action even if the backup inevitably was not nearly as good at it as Trae.

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m just saying people wouldn’t be saying this had Trae not gotten hurt.

What percentage of posters are we talking here. Glad the guy can defend but he is in no way in Hades a point guard, whether it be backup or something more. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nope. After game 2 I think I said I was already over the Turner at PG experiment.

Actually, waaaay before that....preseason homes...

I'm over the Turner at PG experiment

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hopefully he can contribute but all the sets will have to dramatically change with him handling the ball.  That doesn't lead to a lot of growth or cohesion.  Would have liked to see us with a credible shooter manning that role so we could run much of the same action even if the backup inevitably was not nearly as good at it as Trae.

#1 trait has to be outside shooting for a pg for me, well that and be able to get into sets. 

Turner is not a point guard. In fact, I’ll go as far as to say 30% of the leagues players are playing out of position, whether it’s they are a 4 going to 5 or a 2 trying to be a 1.

I honestly think Schlenk aimed low on backup pg to let Trae know he’s the man and that his backup is just really there for emergencies. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope. After game 2 I think I said I was already over the Turner at PG experiment.

I said run Huerter with the second unit and let him run the point initially. But what are we gonna DNP Turner? I’d say play him off the ball but he’s not effective there either because he doesn’t use screens well and can’t shoot.

Ill never be a fan of Turner. Not even if he drops 30. He’s a broken bball player who won’t change his game to fit today’s style in the NBA.

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

I said run Huerter with the second unit and let him run the point initially. But what are we gonna DNP Turner? I’d say play him off the ball but he’s not effective there either because he doesn’t use screens well and can’t shoot.

Ill never be a fan of Turner. Not even if he drops 30. He’s a broken bball player who won’t change his game to fit today’s style in the NBA.

He has a bum ankle anyway.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Actually, waaaay before that....preseason homes...

If you look right above your probably likely to find me talking trash about Turner as well.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He has a bum ankle anyway.

Turner or Huerter?

• Moderators

I'm trying to take a positive view on Turner at this point and hope for some good D and solid ballhandling and passing.  He has a good attitude and is apparently a hard worker.  Also I heard he never forgets to call his mother on her birthday and I'm pretty sure that will payoff for us at some point this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If you look right above your probably likely to find me talking trash about Turner as well.

Turner or Huerter?

I'm not saying you didn't trash him, I'm just disagreeing with your point regarding Monday morning QBing because of Trae's injury.

He's a Hawks, I'm rooting for his success, but I still want a different back PG - Trae injury or not.

• Like 3