• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What are we going to do with all this money this summer?

Wurider05

• Moderators

There are lots of different options and what we do will depend on where Schlenk thinks we are.  My working assumption is he will be ready to switch into "win" mode after this season.  I don't think he is the type of person to simply go spend big just because he has the money but I expect he will be looking to add more dollars to the roster through FA and trades after this year.  The big key is whether he wants to reserve the money to add two max free agents during the summer of 2021 when the FA pool is expected to be much bigger.  If so, that might mean more short-term deals like Philly did with JJ when he was there.  I could see us still eating a contract or two like Supes says if he wants to go for max FAs in 2021.  Less likely if he finds expensive targets to add via trade.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AHF said:

It could get used on guys like Anthony Davis, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, etc. who are already under contract and get traded.  Who will those guys be?  Don't know.  But recent history suggests there will be some real candidates that may be even better than available FAs.

THIS is what I originally posted but then edited it to "..." because it's just too much speculation who/how it would be done. 

21 hours ago, AHF said:

It could get used on guys like Anthony Davis, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, etc. who are already under contract and get traded.  Who will those guys be?  Don't know.  But recent history suggests there will be some real candidates that may be even better than available FAs.

1 minute ago, hazer said:

THIS is what I originally posted but then edited it to "..." because it's just too much speculation who/how it would be done. 

And of course I brought up Embiid in the original post before deleting 😛

Edited by hazer

22 hours ago, AHF said:

Solid choice as well.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I'm holding out hope we could end up with Embiid once he realizes the 6ers are more invested in a non-shooting PF masquerading as a PG.

And I hope, whatever we spend money on, we save enough to put towards getting @Marvin24Williams a new name.

😉

It's time, bro.

Unless he really is the Marvin Williams.

• Haha 4

I hate to say it cause someone I know is a die hard bucks fan and it’s hard for small markets to get stars BUT...if the bucks happen to fail unexpectedly in like round 2! I would love to revisit that early Giannis comment right before the season started on not being sure if he’s guaranteed to resign in MIL. Then again our hawks would have to be sure they look impressive 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm holding out hope we could end up with Embiid once he realizes the 6ers are more invested in a non-shooting PF masquerading as a PG.

Embiid truly needs to graduate from a series of anger management classes first. He could really rub off the wrong way on our kids no matter his extreme talent and also put that extra target on our backs because he is just such an ass. This is not WWE SmackDown stuff here. 

• Like 1