• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, terrell said:

MIght be out of the league when his rookie contract is up. TIme to draft another pg. 

Yup. He's a glorified 5'9" Isaiah Thomas. Gonna see the entire organization get thrown into the sun for this mistake, while Doncic wins the next 5 MVPs.

Go ahead and trade everyone on the team outside of Hunter and try again, starting with Anthony Edwards next summer.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

Not really it’s clear that there has been no adjustments by LP or this staff to get trae good looking shots.

teams are now all heavy trapping trae at the half court line and pierce only strategy is for trae to give the ball up instead of giving the ball up and working like hell to get it back to him

Trae off ball skills is bad dude. That's why Luka is clearly better. Luka on the ball isn't as good as Trae but off the ball, he is 100 times better and all he got is one prong. I keep saying this but Hunter might be better than Trae when Trae is off. Trae reminds me so much of Marbury, it's scary but he is much better when he is on compared to Stephon. 

Trae is still a raw version of Steph/Lillard/Zeke and this is honestly what I was expecting this season mixed with some good performances. What he did early was have elite, once in a generation performances but he has since cooled.

I I don't like Luka due to his stupid stans but I watch both players. Luka when he struggles still gets in point generating situation. You can completely slow Trae down if you force him to play off the ball and you don't have multiple ballhandlers to take pressure off of him.

That's why Cam and Kevin are critical for Trae success. Hunter can do a little bit but he is not a primary or secondary ball handler. Bembry is just a wild card. Whatever he is going to do, it won't be consistent outside of defensive effort and risk taking.

We just need more talent. Those two picks should help but Travis needs to really bring in good vets moving forward. 

Kenrich Williams 

Jeff Teague

A starting center

Another quality big outside of Parker and Collins.

We need much better vets and more quality youth. John Collins is a bitch as well. He f***ed the season up

6 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

These other posters will not listen!!!

I've been saying this. LP needs to just be an assistant coach. He is in way over his head!!

Right well LP is going to get the benefit of the doubt cause he is a 2nd year head coach . The problem to me is that I’m not sure it was a great idea to pair a young head coach with a very very young team with very very young core players.

theres going to be player mistake and coaching mistakes often when the two combine and I kinda expected that I just didn’t expect 30 point, 40 point loss...it’s never acceptable to lose by that many points in the nba I don’t care how bad of a team you are this is the Professionals

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Right well LP is going to get the benefit of the doubt cause he is a 2nd year head coach . The problem to me is that I’m not sure it was a great idea to pair a young head coach with a very very young team with very very young core players.

theres going to be player mistake and coaching mistakes often when the two combine and I kinda expected that I just didn’t expect 30 point, 40 point loss...it’s never acceptable to lose by that many points in the nba I don’t care how bad of a team you are this is the Professionals

Man we have to get a competent Head Coach. This is ridiculous

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Trae off ball skills is bad dude. That's why Luka is clearly better. Luka on the ball isn't as good as Trae but off the ball, he is 100 times better and all he got is one prong. I keep saying this but Hunter might be better than Trae when Trae is off. Trae reminds me so much of Marbury, it's scary but he is much better when he is on compared to Stephon. 

Trae is still a raw version of Steph/Lillard/Zeke and this is honestly what I was expecting this season mixed with some good performances. What he did early was have elite, once in a generation performances but he has since cooled.

I I don't like Luka due to his stupid stans but I watch both players. Luka when he struggles still gets in point generating situation. You can completely slow Trae down if you force him to play off the ball and you don't have multiple ballhandlers to take pressure off of him.

That's why Cam and Kevin are critical for Trae success. Hunter can do a little bit but he is not a primary or secondary ball handler. Bembry is just a wild card. Whatever he is going to do, it won't be consistent outside of defensive effort and risk taking.

We just need more talent. Those two picks should help but Travis needs to really bring in good vets moving forward. 

Kenrich Williams 

Jeff Teague

A starting center

Another quality big outside of Parker and Collins.

We need much better vets and more quality youth. John Collins is a bitch as well. He f***ed the season up

I’m not disagreeing with any of that. We all knew trae off ball skills weren’t good coming in BUT is there any effort that he’s trying to learn to be better at that ?...seriously?

cause trae is just standing there when he don’t have the ball . Is that by design of LP or is trae being lazy ?

Just now, Lurker said:

What I said was mostly hyperbole btw.

I think Trae really needs to work on at least running off screens for jumpers. I think he is a 36-38% 3 point shooter, so it's worth it.

Exactly!

so why isn’t he doing it! Who’s call is that? I know for a fact LP mentioned it in the off season but we aren’t seeing it.

is trae being lazy?

is LP not teaching them to run off ball like he stated he would ?

id love to be a fly on the wall to know 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LP looks fine at times, crazy talented but like Trae, he's lacks polish. He could be a generational coach but he needs to be a good one first. 

He does and he sounds extremely logical in interviews too (if that matters to anyone)... I actually agree with a lot that he says but times  throughout the game man he gives us some head scratchers

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Exactly!

so why isn’t he doing it! Who’s call is that? I know for a fact LP mentioned it in the off season but we aren’t seeing it.

is trae being lazy?

is LP not teaching them to run off ball like he stated he would ?

id love to be a fly on the wall to know 

I don't even see any of the other players setting up for screens like that so it tells me it's by design

15 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I don't even see any of the other players setting up for screens like that so it tells me it's by design

Yeah but who knows...I hear ya though . If you don’t see it then clearly you’d have to assume it’s not being taught but unfortunately that may not necessarily be true 

• Like 1

Analytics that said we would suck was right. Bazemore was averaging 6+ threes a game last year. Prince, 7+. Kevin 6+. We basically have no three point threats outside of Trae. Cam has potential. Hunter is shooting it at a much higher rate than at Virginia. It was always going to take time for him. Dedmon giving us 3+ as a center. Len last year was good at shooting them. 

We flat out don't shoot and can't shoot. It was always going to be an offensive struggle. We just gotta develop the young guns but man, Travis could have done better to get us useful vets.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

How many more wins would the Hawks have, if they had Collins and Huerter? 

One?   Maybe two?

This was always going to be a brutal stretch for the squad.

Before the season, I was hoping the Hawks could at least be 8 - 14 coming out of November.  Now I'm hoping we can get to 6 - 16.

As for LP, this is a trial by fire for him too.

LOL . . Jerome rooting for LP to play Bruno more.   Everybody see it, but LP.

LP is taking a LONG time coming out to talk to the media.  Not telling what he's telling those guys.  

Hunter is the only positive tonight other than Bembry 

48 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t mind loses but I might lackluster effort. 

This won’t fly against the Raptors tomorrow night. They are disciplined and will bury us if we pull this again

Lol. I just wrapped up dinner with my college daughter who just got home for the holidays and wow!!! Forget that the raptors will bury us...we just got buried by the pistons😳

this is whole season is such an uphill battle. No way to really know what could be, but if our effort is not there then bench ‘em. 

• Like 2