• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Yeah but who knows...I hear ya though . If you don’t see it then clearly you’d have to assume it’s not being taught but unfortunately that may not necessarily be true 

These guys don't have the best feel for the game so just cause you are taught it don't mean you will do it. We literally went from high BBIQ Dedmon to a stool in Jones. He is dumb as bricks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

These guys don't have the best feel for the game so just cause you are taught it don't mean you will do it. We literally went from high BBIQ Dedmon to a stool in Jones. He is dumb as bricks.

Right ....that’s why I was saying just cause we aren’t seeing it don’t mean it’s not being taught by LP.

its a tough Job as a head coach to get young guys to adjust to this league and while it’s tough to watch the team could just be going through the worse of the growing pains

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae will be fine we don’t have to start over. Wow. I really can’t understand what I’m reading. Also, Trae is no Marbury. Marbury wasn’t smart on the court. Trae is one of the smartest. I don’t see this at all.

We just need to adjust to Trae against blitzed with a double and prolly triple team coming in the future. We missed Cam tonight as well as Huerter. But banged up but again not an excuse for effort but an excuse for not adjust to a game plan that your toolbox 🧰 doesn’t carry.

I just really hate losing to guys like Blake Griffin and teams like the Pistons. 

@Jody23 takes us home with that one song...

🚌 (waiting for kg he said he had to pee real quick..he just wants to pound a beer 🍺)

Trae is has an elite feel for the game but his BBIQ is just iight. Marbury BBIQ was similar. Where they differ is Trae is just a lot more talented at playmaking and stretching the floor as well as shooting. Marbury was a better finisher and scorer within the paint. Marbury never developed the winning instincts. I hope Trae can. He got time but at one point, so did Marbury. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I thought Bruno was Strong & Athletic,, yet he plays more with finesse than power.   He isn't the Bruno Fernando he was at Maryland,  Almost seems like he is scared to"mix it up" in the paint.

He's too weak for a 5 right now. I want him to play more but he will just be trash playing Jones minutes as well. He needs to be in College Park where he can develop where he is the biggest and strongest. The NBA center position, especially starting 5 is just too much of a gap that he can't handle. Even Dedmon was really a 6th/7th man center and not a true legit starting 5. The problem right now is Len is a 9th or 10th man center which is fine again because he is back into that role. We don't have a starting center or anyone close to being able to play that role. I haven't seen a position so flawed since the 2000's when we had Ty Lue, Royal Ivey, and Kenny Anderson starting at PG in our 13 win season. Honestly, I don't even think that was as bad as it is now. I doubt we will see Len or Jones in the NBA next year at this rate. 

We might be drafting a big with our lottery pick and sign quality center vet as well. That's how how bad we are at this position. 

The NBA today is too good to have an unit that bad and think you can get away with it especially with the other flaws we have. I remember Cleveland had a terrible center unit with LeBron Year 1 back in CLE and made some trades and instantly improved overnight. This is bad but what's also bad is our lack of wing depth. With Cam and Kevin out, we have what? Trash. We need to really be proactive this year in free agency. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's too weak for a 5 right now. I want him to play more but he will just be trash playing Jones minutes as well. He needs to be in College Park where he can develop where he is the biggest and strongest. The NBA center position, especially starting 5 is just too much of a gap that he can't handle. Even Dedmon was really a 6th/7th man center and not a true legit starting 5. The problem right now is Len is a 9th or 10th man center which is fine again because he is back into that role. We don't have a starting center or anyone close to being able to play that role. I haven't seen a position so flawed since the 2000's when we had Ty Lue, Royal Ivey, and Kenny Anderson starting at PG in our 13 win season. Honestly, I don't even think that was as bad as it is now. I doubt we will see Len or Jones in the NBA next year at this rate. 

We might be drafting a big with our lottery pick and sign quality center vet as well. That's how how bad we are at this position. 

The NBA today is too good to have an unit that bad and think you can get away with it especially with the other flaws we have. I remember Cleveland had a terrible center unit with LeBron Year 1 back in CLE and made some trades and instantly improved overnight. This is bad but what's also bad is our lack of wing depth. With Cam and Kevin out, we have what? Trash. We need to really be proactive this year in free agency. 

Yep. If we want to attract FA's in 2021, we need to win some freaking games next year...At least bring in a vet BIG like Baynes, Noel, or Okafur, and a backup pg like Augustine. A couple of shooters would be nice too. Throw some nice 1 yr deals at them..Gotta have $ for 2021. lol

Just now, terrell said:

Yep. If we want to attract FA's in 2021, we need to win some freaking games next year...At least bring in a vet BIG like Baynes, Noel, or Okafur, and a backup pg like Augustine. A couple of shooters would be nice too. Throw some nice 1 yr deals at them..Gotta have $ for 2021. lol

The best quality centers who aren't stat mongers like Drummond tend to defend well, switch well, communicate well, set good screens and shoot threes well. Baynes is the best on the market at those things. 

What I like about Noel is his screens have massively improved, his movement off the ball is good, the game is starting to slow down and he is communicating well as well as he is defending well which is normal but the other stuff is things he developed. He clearly needs to be a target. His play at OKC says he might need to be a starter and a solid one as well. He is looking like that player that Dallas offered 70 million. 

Okafor is still a backup at best to me but he does have a lot more value than Len. He should be getting paid what Len is making. What I think is that he's like Parker. A 6th/7th man center. Not someone that can help you win but someone who can keep your bench performing at a reasonable level. 

Augustine, Teague, Reggie Jackson, etc. We need a real backup PG. BAD! Evan Turner is just what he is. He is a Jared Dudley 11th to 12th man which is valuable to have but not to play. He will have moments especially in the perfect situation which we aren't. He would do extremely well for the Clippers considering what he is.

We need to forget about 2021, just get quality for 2020-21 and trade for a star or superstar instead. What we need to up is our overall quality. Phoenix did it and it worked. I think that's our next step. As of right now, we are a terrible team with a star in Young. 

59 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Analytics that said we would suck was right. Bazemore was averaging 6+ threes a game last year. Prince, 7+. Kevin 6+. We basically have no three point threats outside of Trae. Cam has potential. Hunter is shooting it at a much higher rate than at Virginia. It was always going to take time for him. Dedmon giving us 3+ as a center. Len last year was good at shooting them. 

We flat out don't shoot and can't shoot. It was always going to be an offensive struggle. We just gotta develop the young guns but man, Travis could have done better to get us useful vets.

I cant watch the dreadful shooting, it's not fun. We are among the worst in the NBA , not what I expected.

• Like 2

For me, 

Baynes - 4-55 or Noel 4-45

Okafor - 3-15 or Len - vet min. if we don't draft a center. 

Augustine or Teague - 3-24 I wouldn't mind drafting a PG with Brooklyn's pick as well. That can help as well. 

Kenrich Williams - 3-28 Best glue wing on the market. Can play 3 and 4. Can shoot. Tremendous defender. He is the next DMC. 

Hawks 1st(Top 10) and Nets 1st (15-20 range)

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We can't shoot and we can't defend.

Our defense was much better when Len started. MUCH better. The metrics didn't lie. When Len started with Collins, we were a top 10 defense. When we start Len with Parker, our defense is a bottom 5 defense. When we start Jones with Parker, WOAT defense. Those two are like defensive kryptonite with Trae being the match.