• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Where they differ is Trae is just a lot more talented at playmaking and stretching the floor as well as shooting. Marbury was a better finisher and scorer within the paint.

So basically 2 different players. I mean at that rate you could liken Trae to Timmy Hardaway Sr. Mark Price... and on down the list. To me, I see Trae and Marbury as two completely different players. 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

So basically 2 different players. I mean at that rate you could liken Trae to Timmy Hardaway Sr. Mark Price... and on down the list. To me, I see Trae and Marbury as two completely different players. 

But they aren't honestly, both kinda have the same swagger, same uber talent, same struggle of mixing pass with scoring, both have a tremendous feel for the game with iffy BBIQ and some can easily see the two as chuckers who can win you and lose you games. Even their 538 is oddly most comparable. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/trae-young/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Luka with 30 pts and 14 assists. He's playing out of his mind. Averaging 30/10/10. No point pouring salt in the wound. Guess I'll go back to Tankathon and look at mocks.

Edwards at 2. Vernon Carey at 15..lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That Omari trade was highway robbery by GS. Omari looks like a nice rotation piece. Jones will be in Grand Rapids or Sioux Falls next year. 

Schlenk is tanking hard again. lol. Hes probaly getting sick watching LUka light it up..

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Schlenk is barely better than Pete Babcock.

I love Travis and I think he is a draft beast but his trades haven't been the best. Even though you might disagree which is your opinion. I honestly feel that Cam Reddish being available at 10 saved his ass on that Trae/Luka deal. If it was anyone else like Herro, Washington, Cam Johnson, Okeke, Langsford, Sekou, NAW, Goga, etc, Travis would have never been able to live that trade down. Cam potential is the only thing keeping that trade from being a major mistake long term. 

I've seen enough of Trae that I now have legit worry for concern. I remember seeing these things from Marbury. The assumption in year 2 was he would become that best PG in no time. Same for John Wall. It NEVER happened. Trae's potential is still massive but his floor isn't that high YET. 

Honestly, the worst trade Travis made might not be Omari for Jones/2026 2nd. His Parsons for Solo/Plumlee is looking like a massive JOKE. Solo is looking like a rotational wing. Parsons is looking like the worst player in the NBA by a mile. He should be cut like Ryan Anderson was. Plumlee is still a joke but basically, that spot we gain for taking on Parsons has been used for Wallace. An unquestionable scrub who isn't a NBA player at this time. Solo Hill would be useful right now. His trade value would be MUCH higher as well. What a waste... 

The only trade that has worked out has been Evan Turner for Baze. Both have been ass so no winner yet no loser. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love Travis and I think he is a draft beast but his trades haven't been the best. Even though you might disagree which is your opinion. I honestly feel that Cam Reddish being available at 10 saved his ass on that Trae/Luka deal. If it was anyone else like Herro, Washington, Cam Johnson, Okeke, Langsford, Sekou, NAW, Goga, etc, Travis would have never been able to live that trade down. Cam potential is the only thing keeping that trade from being a major mistake long term. 

I've seen enough of Trae that I now have legit worry for concern. I remember seeing these things from Marbury. The assumption in year 2 was he would become that best PG in no time. Same for John Wall. It NEVER happened. Trae's potential is still massive but his floor isn't that high YET. 

Honestly, the worst trade Travis made might not be Omari for Jones/2026 2nd. His Parsons for Solo/Plumlee is looking like a massive JOKE. Solo is looking like a rotational wing. Parsons is looking like the worst player in the NBA by a mile. He should be cut like Ryan Anderson was. Plumlee is still a joke but basically, that spot we gain for taking on Parsons has been used for Wallace. An unquestionable scrub who isn't a NBA player at this time. Solo Hill would be useful right now. His trade value would be MUCH higher as well. What a waste... 

The only trade that has worked out has been Evan Turner for Baze. Both have been ass so no winner yet no loser. 

Its as if it they were done purposely..THe tank is real. lol

• Thanks 1

As much as I love Hunter and agree with the trade because starting two way wings>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bigs and backup PGs 

That trade where we traded three 1sts (Hayes/NAW/CLE 1st which could be two 2nds) and a 2nd (the Brazilian kid) might be the one that hurts the most. Hayes has potential to be a top 3-5 big when he reaches his prime. NAW has a chance to be one of the best backup PGs sooner than later and has potential to be a legit starter one day and maybe a top 10 PG in the league down the road. That's a tough pill to swallow.

If it matters, Hunter is rated the most versatile player defensively by several metrics of all NBA players this year and he showing flashes of being a 18-20ppg scorer long term and maybe more. So chances are, Atlanta won't lose that deal but they will likely never win it. Such a steep price to pay for a wing but I understand. Players like Hunter aren't a dime a dozen but it might not be worth it.  

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Its as if it they were done purposely..THe tank is real. lol

You tank to get a generational talent like Luka. But let's be honest, no one could have predicted this. The odds of Luka averaging 30/10/10 in his second year were less than 1%. That just doesn't happen. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/we-havent-seen-anyone-like-luka-doncic-since-lebron-james/

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As much as I love Hunter and agree with the trade because starting two way wings>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bigs and backup PGs 

That trade where we traded three 1sts (Hayes/NAW/CLE 1st which could be two 2nds) and a 2nd (the Brazilian kid) might be the one that hurts the most. Hayes has potential to be a top 3-5 big when he reaches his prime. NAW has a chance to be one of the best backup PGs sooner than later and has potential to be a legit starter one day and maybe a top 10 PG in the league down the road. That's a tough pill to swallow.

If it matters, Hunter is rated the most versatile player defensively by several metrics of all NBA players this year and he showing flashes of being a 18-20ppg scorer long term and maybe more. So chances are, Atlanta won't lose that deal but they will likely never win it. Such a steep price to pay for a wing but I understand. Players like Hunter aren't a dime a dozen but it might not be worth it.  

Hunter is terrific. I think he will have a nice career. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae’s best bet is to focus on becoming a 15/10 type of player. He just can’t be the main player on a great team.

People are always high on his kind of players early on, but rassle dassle with little substance will cause people to take a negative outlook in the long run.

He can shoot better as a support player with better shot selection. It’s questionable if he will realize that he isn’t as good as he thinks he is.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae’s best bet is to focus on becoming a 15/10 type of player. He just can’t be the main player on a great team.

People are always high on his kind of players early on, but rassle dassle with little substance will cause people to take a negative outlook in the long run.

He can shoot better as a support player with better shot selection. It’s questionable if he will realize that he isn’t as good as he thinks he is.

Last year, I remember Vince saying Trae should focus on being a 18/12 player. I see what he is saying now too. He should focus more on being like Stockton/Nash and less like Marbury/Iverson. Trae should score out of necessity. He shouldn't score because he wants to score. Now that doesn't mean he can't but at his position, it's hard to win with his style of play. Even elite on ball players like Lillard and Zeke had some off the ball chops that helped them when the scoring wasn't there. He isn't as athletic as Iverson to play like this effectively nor does he have the BBIQ otherwise. If he keeps this up, we are just looking at a worse defending, rich man's Stephon Marbury. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You tank to get a generational talent like Luka. But let's be honest, no one could have predicted this. The odds of Luka averaging 30/10/10 in his second year were less than 1%. That just doesn't happen. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/we-havent-seen-anyone-like-luka-doncic-since-lebron-james/

While Luka's rebounds are useless and makes his stats look crazy good, what isn't is his offensive impact. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Last year, I remember Vince saying Trae should focus on being a 18/12 player. I see what he is saying now too. He should focus more on being like Stockton/Nash and less like Marbury/Iverson. Trae should score out of necessity. He shouldn't score because he wants to score. Now that doesn't mean he can't but at his position, it's hard to win with his style of play. Even elite on ball players like Lillard and Zeke had some off the ball chops that helped them when the scoring wasn't there. He isn't as athletic as Iverson to play like this effectively nor does he have the BBIQ otherwise. If he keeps this up, we are just looking at a worse defending, rich man's Stephon Marbury. 

I give you props for keeping it real. Ceiling is very high, but that floor is low. I just don't know if Trae can ever learn to play off the ball. I'm not sure that's in his basketball DNA.

Just now, NBASupes said:

While Luka's rebounds are useless and makes his stats look crazy good, what isn't is his offensive impact. 

There are always debates about the how important rebounding numbers really are. I personally think it shows a nose for the ball, and that one is hustling. He's one of the very few non-bigs averaging more than 10 boards a game.

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I give you props for keeping it real. Ceiling is very high, but that floor is low. I just don't know if Trae can ever learn to play off the ball. I'm not sure that's in his basketball DNA.

It's really Trae's BBIQ. His awareness is exceptionally high as is his feel for the game which is generational and rare but his BBIQ is just iffy. I remember watching Marbury when he was younger and it was the same thing but Starbury never improved that even if he improved other elements of his game and he peaked early. 

The great PG's all continued to improve because of their BBIQ and how it kept growing. I am talking guys like Nash, Stockton, CP3, and Zeke. Well not CP3 who BBIQ has always been insanely good. The others grew. 

What made guys like Curry become A+ and ATGs is because they learned to become PGs. In Trae's case, he has to learn to balance his game. He still has an AAU mindset. He has to have a I want everyone to get better mindset. He needs to be more Brady and less Newton. Leadership is another thing that Trae has to improve moving forward. This is where your leadership is needed the most. 

Edited by NBASupes