• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There are always debates about the how important rebounding numbers really are. I personally think it shows a nose for the ball, and that one is hustling. He's one of the very few non-bigs averaging more than 10 boards a game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's really Trae's BBIQ. His awareness is exceptionally high as is his feel for the game which is generational and rare but his BBIQ is just iffy. I remember watching Marbury when he was younger and it was the same thing but Starbury never improved that even if he improved other elements of his game and he peaked early. 

The great PG's all continued to improve because of their BBIQ and how it kept growing. I am talking guys like Nash, Stockton, CP3, and Zeke. Well not CP3 who BBIQ has always been insanely good. The others grew. 

What made guys like Curry become A+ and ATGs is because they learned to become PGs. In Trae's case, he has to learn to balance his game. He still has an AAU mindset. He has to have a I want everyone to get better mindset. He needs to be more Brady and less Newton. Leadership is another thing that Trae has to improve moving forward. This is where your leadership is needed the most. 

He needs the right coach, especially during his early years. I hope CLP is that guy.

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He needs the right coach, especially during his early years. I hope CLP is that guy.

I think he is. LP is as talented of a coach as I've seen since Pop and as talented as an early Steve Kerr. Like Pop, he has his flaws but LP got it all. He's not Bud where he can be kinda limited but exceptionally good and polished. He's not early Woody where he is raw but his ceiling is not that high. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

If I only saw Bembry’s stat line I would have thought we won by 70. What a waste. He may not hit 4 3’s the rest of the season.

He was missing rotations like a bitch tonight. Playing defense is a lot harder when you are on the court with YPJ

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

But they aren't honestly, both kinda have the same swagger, same uber talent, same struggle of mixing pass with scoring, both have a tremendous feel for the game with iffy BBIQ and some can easily see the two as chuckers who can win you and lose you games. Even their 538 is oddly most comparable. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/trae-young/

All of the above is true but there is something about Trae to me that makes me feel more comfortable with him in the future as far as wins for his team. I realize it’s easy to look back on Marbury’s career and say this now knowing he didn’t win anything in the NBA. 

I used to watch a lot of Marbury back in the day though and still feel like he wasn’t a winner while he was playing, early years and late. 

The one ☝️ sign to me that Marbury wasn’t in it to win championships was when he wanted to separate from KG. I think Marbury had very little loyalty towards his teams, fellow players and coaches and that’s why he wasn’t the true leader during his days. Nobody would ride or die for Stephon because he was all about him.

Trae is cut from a different cloth. I think he’s more Isiah Zeke. He wants to win. I mean Isiah came in 1981 and didn’t make the playoffs till his 3rd season. Wasn’t until his 6th year that they made real noise but he always had the heart 💜. I see Trae and an observant student of the game and is learning with each win or loss. Isiah was the same. Marbury cared about skrilla 🤑 . Just my thought on it but the breakdown you did was definitely valid. 

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

All of the above is true but there is something about Trae to me that makes me feel more comfortable with him in the future as far as wins for his team. I realize it’s easy to look back on Marbury’s career and say this now knowing he didn’t win anything in the NBA. 

I used to watch a lot of Marbury back in the day though and still feel like he wasn’t a winner while he was playing, early years and late. 

The one ☝️ sign to me that Marbury wasn’t in it to win championships was when he wanted to separate from KG. I think Marbury had very little loyalty towards his teams, fellow players and coaches and that’s why he wasn’t the true leader during his days. Nobody would ride or die for Stephon because he was all about him.

Trae is cut from a different cloth. I think he’s more Isiah Zeke. He wants to win. I mean Isiah came in 1981 and didn’t make the playoffs till his 3rd season. Wasn’t until his 6th year that they made real noise but he always had the heart 💜. I see Trae and an observant student of the game and is learning with each win or loss. Isiah was the same. Marbury cared about skrilla 🤑 . Just my thought on it but the breakdown you did was definitely valid. 

That's what I believe too. Trae unlike Zeke hasn't experienced winning outside of AAU. Norman North didn't win. OU didn't win. So this will take time, he has a great coach so he has a chance. It took awhile for Zeke to get Chuck Daly. Trae got that part already. I think Stephon cared about hoops but the NBA lifestyle is a bitch and so many dudes in the 90s fell victim to it. 

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae will be fine we don’t have to start over. Wow. I really can’t understand what I’m reading. Also, Trae is no Marbury. Marbury wasn’t smart on the court. Trae is one of the smartest. I don’t see this at all.

We just need to adjust to Trae against blitzed with a double and prolly triple team coming in the future. We missed Cam tonight as well as Huerter. But banged up but again not an excuse for effort but an excuse for not adjust to a game plan that your toolbox 🧰 doesn’t carry.

I just really hate losing to guys like Blake Griffin and teams like the Pistons. 

@Jody23 takes us home with that one song...

🚌 (waiting for kg he said he had to pee real quick..he just wants to pound a beer 🍺)

I am not worried about Trae. His game will come around and it would be helpful as hell if someone could stay out on the floor with him. DeAndre has a good uptick going but we need Reddish, Huerter, and Collins to help out.

Horrible loss and the Raptors are next. Hopefully at least Reddish will be available.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I am not worried about Trae. His game will come around and it would be helpful as hell if someone could stay out on the floor with him. DeAndre has a good uptick going but we need Reddish, Huerter, and Collins to help out.

Horrible loss and the Raptors are next. Hopefully at least Reddish will be available.

Nobody should be worried about Trae. Lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That's what I believe too. Trae unlike Zeke hasn't experienced winning outside of AAU. Norman North didn't win. OU didn't win. So this will take time, he has a great coach so he has a chance. It took awhile for Zeke to get Chuck Daly. Trae got that part already. I think Stephon cared about hoops but the NBA lifestyle is a bitch and so many dudes in the 90s fell victim to it. 

That’s all good and dandy but your veering away from my point. Trae is more of an Isiah and he doesn’t run on Marbury weak heart batteries so stop mixing our thoughts together and let’s separate them now.

I think Trae is Zeke and you are saying he’s probably a career Marbury. 

Just want to make it clear for outsiders reading this. I’m NOT riding with ur Marbury comparison as far as career path for Trae because he’s got a TON more heart. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

These guys are just putting a bunch of numbers together and guesstimating how a players career with turn out? Sometimes when you crunch too many numbers you sway further and further from the real thing. Keep it simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

These guys are just putting a bunch of numbers together and guesstimating how a players career with turn out? Sometimes when you crunch too many numbers you sway further and further from the real thing. Keep it simple.

It's just a bunch of freaking nerds tryna make sports into math so they can 'compete' too.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

It's just a bunch of freaking nerds tryna make sports into math so they can 'compete' too.

They are saying Doncic has the future of Tyreke Evans and Trae is gonna be Stephon. Maaaaan. I truly hate the fact that basketball is now for everyone. Lol. I know it sounds like an evil thing to say but this is what you get. Lame websites with a panel of nerds. 

I’m good I’m gonna use my 35+ year watching experience over Tom, d*ck, Harry or Nate Silver (ya mostly likely brother of snake 🐍 Adam Silver it brother from another bag of... I digress).

538 u no good doh! 👋 (slap)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Are these guys like 21 years old? What happens if you put i the career path of Marvin Williams? Let me guess, Wilt Chamberlain? Based on ft% that take place on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon games, when both Marv and Wilt may have wore red? 😐 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8d9395a8-c1da-4ac1-8a03-4a369103a460

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s all good and dandy but your veering away from my point. Trae is more of an Isiah and he doesn’t run on Marbury weak heart batteries so stop mixing our thoughts together and let’s separate them now.

I think Trae is Zeke and you are saying he’s probably a career Marbury. 

Just want to make it clear for outsiders reading this. I’m NOT riding with ur Marbury comparison as far as career path for Trae because he’s got a TON more heart. 

I am not saying he is a career Marbury, I said he is on that curve if he doesn't improve in key areas of weakness 

• Thanks 1