• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks possessions after they went up 17 - 7.  Home run balls in BOLD

• Missed 3 by Hunter
  • Missed 3 by Parker
  • Missed long 2 by Trae
  • Bad pass by Vince leading to a Pistons transition 3 . . . score is now 17 - 12 . . . LP time out
  • Bad pass by Trae
  • Missed 3 by Crabbe
  • Missed 3 by Vince
  • Missed 3 by Vince
  • Missed 3 by Trae
  • Turnover by Crabbe
  • Missed shot by Turner
  • Bad pass by Vince
  • Missed 3 by Crabbe
  • Missed floater by Wallace

Score is now 27 - 17 Pistons.  20 - 0 run.

Bleeding was stopped when Bembry checked back in, and hit a short jumper.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I think its obvious that not having John Collins hurts alot.  That being said LP was supposed to be a defensive coach and it's obvious to me he isn't.  He doesn't have a clue and is afraid to hurt feelings.   Another issue is the team just jacks 3s and runs no offensive set.  These young players need to be taught and a rookie head coach that doesn't know what to do is a big detriment to team development.  Losing Baze and our other vets was a mistake.  VC shouldnt even ve on the team but he is because of this rookie HC.  Until we get a defensive big and a head coach we will be lottery bound year after year.  The frustration on Trae's face is obvious and not a good sign.  

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

I think its obvious that not having John Collins hurts alot.  That being said LP was supposed to be a defensive coach and it's obvious to me he isn't.  He doesn't have a clue and is afraid to hurt feelings.   Another issue is the team just jacks 3s and runs no offensive set.  These young players need to be taught and a rookie head coach that doesn't know what to do is a big detriment to team development.  Losing Baze and our other vets was a mistake.  VC shouldnt even ve on the team but he is because of this rookie HC.  Until we get a defensive big and a head coach we will be lottery bound year after year.  The frustration on Trae's face is obvious and not a good sign.  

He had us looking like a top 10 defense with Collins, Len and Trae Young with two rookies v. Quality competition. I don't know how that's not impressive. 

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

We need Collins back for our defense very badly.  I suspect we were over our heads at the beginning of the year but it is tough losing JC (and Huert) because it takes away JC's defense from the rotation and replaces it with Parker's brutal D and also massively affects our rotations.  It also removes two guys who had a full year under LP and replaces them with guys who are brand new to our system this year which limits what he can do defensively as far as schemes.  Most of our new vet additions aren't known for being good defenders either and Turner, the one who has a nice D reputation, hasn't been all that healthy so far.

Parker sucks on defense the way Houston Melo sucks at defense. He demoralizes your personnel. Even if he gives effort, he is lacking in ten other areas. It's bring down the others around him and truth is, Jones is already a work in progress, playing with Parker just kills his hopes defensively. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1