• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I don't even think we will be close to the bottom once everyone is back

Travis lied to himself, we need a legit PG backing up Trae

VErnon Carey Jr should be there. MIght even slip to 17? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

That is just bad and 119 is not really that much of an improvement 

Agreed ... I hope he is not trying to stat pad like Westbrook use to do in okc

It seemed like the plan was to go for offense and have Trae hunt for boards tonight. I seen rebounds I know Jones could have got that he let Trae have. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This team is obviously not deep enough yet and has glaring holes at Starting C and backup PG, but going to be scary anyway when John and Kevin are back and Cam gets confidence in his offense enough to perform consistently.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His wingspan about the same as Collins with the athleticism of Z-Bo. I don't even know what he will be in the NBA and I am a Duke stan. 

Well I havent really watched him, other than 1 game. And I only caught the end of that one..lol

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It seemed like the plan was to go for offense and have Trae hunt for boards tonight. I seen rebounds I know Jones could have got that he let Trae have. 

Just shows you TRae could avg a "triple double" easy with a healthy roster. lol. Heck he'd avg at least 15 assists if he had better shooters. And Alex Len doesnt help..

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bembry disappointed but Cam will be back on Monday. 

The rest of the guys played well. I felt Bruno had an all around decent game. The bigs looked good in the 1st half, kinda looked like trash after that. Parker was getting owned by Siakam. Trae defense on VanFleet needs improvement. All in all, great effort. I loved the trapping. Let's go Hawks 

Trae's defense on Van Fleet was good.   This was Trae's best game on both sides of the ball sense Denver.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Just shows you TRae could avg a "triple double" easy with a healthy roster. lol. Heck he'd avg at least 15 assists if he had better shooters. And Alex Len doesnt help..

Anyone can average a triple double if the bigs sell out to go on offense and let the PG grab up the boards but it actually worked for Atlanta. Trae was able to break down the actions easier. Trae was amazing off the ball tonight. This is what LP wants from Trae. Effort off the ball. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, terrell said:

Well I havent really watched him, other than 1 game. And I only caught the end of that one..lol

He is an excellent hooper but the NBA will be tough for him. His wingspan with his athleticism, Idk but man, he can play ball. 

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

SIDE NOTE:  NBA is thinking about removing the east - west division in the playoffs.  To me, this means that the east will be mostly eliminated and a permanent NBA west championship will emerge.  WNBA does this but they don't have that many teams that the NBA does.  Your thoughts?

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

They won't be re-seeding the entire playoffs. Just the Conference Finals Teams. We will still have 8 teams from each conference make the playoffs. The last two remaining teams from each conference will then be re-seeded. So the final 4 teams.

So last year: Bucks, Raptors, Blazers and Warriors would be re-seeded.

So it would have been:

(1) Bucks vs (4) Blazers and (2) Raptors vs (3) Warriors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hawkman said:

The up and down effort on defense is frustrating. There were times tonight where they legit locked Toronto up. Where was that effort last night against an inferior opponent to the Raptors in Detroit? It's maddening.

The overall defense is always better when certain players are in the game.  It's just that the offense suffers when they're in.

The Hawks, and more important, the coaching staff, must find the right mix of players to pair with each other.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The overall defense is always better when certain players are in the game.  It's just that the offense suffers when they're in.

The Hawks, and more important, the coaching staff, must find the right mix of players to pair with each other.

When Len is in the game, the defense is much much better than Jones but he is so bad on offense that it negates it. He doesn't do enough things on offense well when the shoots are not falling

Bembry defense is impactful from the stance that he is great at causing turnovers and changing momentum but otherwise, he is a risk taker who gets burned a lot. He is Ray Buchanan Jr.

Edited by NBASupes

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They won't be re-seeding the entire playoffs. Just the Conference Finals Teams. We will still have 8 teams from each conference make the playoffs. The last two remaining teams from each conference will then be re-seeded. So the final 4 teams.

So last year: Bucks, Raptors, Blazers and Warriors would be re-seeded.

So it would have been:

(1) Bucks vs (4) Blazers and (2) Raptors vs (3) Warriors.

Wait for real ?! So you play the other conference semi finalist before you get to the finals ? What do you think they’re trying to accomplish by doing this ?