• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LP also has to play the right center he has on his team.  

It's time to commit to Bruno in the same way he's committed to Reddish and Hunter.   Jones is one dimensional and almost refuses to even put himself in position to get rebounds.  Len is decent every 7 games, but has completely lost his way offensively.  Bruno has shown that he at least has the talent on both ends of the floor, to be our best option at center.  He deserves to play alongside a passer like Trae for most of his minutes, to see how good Trae can make him.

Bruno is a rookie, so he's going to make mistakes.  But with him, he's at least "medium risk, medium reward".  He has the skills that can be developed into a good player.  LP simply needs to commit now, to develop him . . through thick and thin.

Worse than the Falcons?

At this point we may have nothing to lose, but Bruno sucks too.

Schlenk needs to be looking for an NBA caliber center. We legit can't win because of how bad our defensive rebounding is. Just leads to fouls if we're lucky, or open threes.

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LP also has to play the right center he has on his team.  

It's time to commit to Bruno in the same way he's committed to Reddish and Hunter.   Jones is one dimensional and almost refuses to even put himself in position to get rebounds.  Len is decent every 7 games, but has completely lost his way offensively.  Bruno has shown that he at least has the talent on both ends of the floor, to be our best option at center.  He deserves to play alongside a passer like Trae for most of his minutes, to see how good Trae can make him.

Bruno is a rookie, so he's going to make mistakes.  But with him, he's at least "medium risk, medium reward".  He has the skills that can be developed into a good player.  LP simply needs to commit now, to develop him . . through thick and thin.

Worse than the Falcons?

Dude, Bruno isn't good right now at all. We got no starting center. We just started Bruno in College Park and he had a worse game than he had today. I am not knocking the kid but let's be real, we got no starting center right now. Not even close to one.

December 15th can't come fast enough 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Young also rolled his ankle and I noted that. Was playing great beforehand. It completely devolved after that. 

Actually this whole game shows the lack of a starting caliber big man at the moment and how if Trae isn't on the top of his game, this franchise has no chance right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Around the league:

- Buddy Hield with 11 threes, but the Kangs lose by 1

- Carmelo Anthony with 25 points in a Portland blowout win

- Spencer Dinwiddie is making Kyrie look expendable.  Makes the game winner with 1.8 seconds left.  Nets are 5 - 1 without Kyrie

- Jaren Jackson Jr with 28 points, in a loss to the Pacers

- Raptors keep rolling, beating the Sixers by 5

- And Lamar Jackson has 4 TD passes and almost 100 yards rushing

Lamar is a beast. Baltimore is experiencing what ATL did back in 2002. They're fun to watch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Young also rolled his ankle and I noted that. Was playing great beforehand. It completely devolved after that. 

Actually this whole game shows the lack of a starting caliber big man at the moment and how if Trae isn't on the top of his game, this franchise has no chance right now.

I figured something happened. He looked like a different player when I came back from Popeyes 

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Lamar is a beast. Baltimore is experiencing what ATL did back in 2002. They're fun to watch. 

I miss Vick but Lamar is BETTER

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dude, Bruno isn't good right now at all. We got no starting center. We just started Bruno in College Park and he had a worse game than he had today. I am not knocking the kid but let's be real, we got no starting center right now. Not even close to one.

All the intangible things that you talk about Cam, Bruno is doing as well.  He sets screens well.  He's a decent help defender.  He's shown the ability to guard superstar big men in the post ( KAT, AD, etc ), and at least try to stay in front of quicker guards and forwards.

Bruno has a post game that hasn't even been tapped into yet, because NBA coaches are almost allergic from calling post up plays for big men anymore.  You saw that mini-dreamshake he did on the short turnaround jumper in the post.  You saw the silky smooth 3 ball that he shot, when he didn't hesitate to take the shot.

LP simply needs to stop messing around, and give Bruno his minutes.  I'm highly disappointed in Alex Len, because he should be the undisputed starting center right now, but he's regressed tremendously.  Damian Jones definitely isn't going to develop any more than what he is right now.

So Bruno is the one to commit to.

TD #5 for Lamar Jackson.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They make DEdmon look like Kareem..

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

And here is another thing that is fascinating

That 13 win team had an SRS(Simple Rating System) of -9.62(30th out of 30)

This team has an SRS of -7.73(27th out of 30) and getting worse every game

I won't be surprised if this team surpasses the 13 win team in that rating

SRS - Simple Rating System; a rating that takes into account average point differential and strength of schedule. The rating is denominated in points above/below average, where zero is average.

Edited by Bonkers

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

All the intangible things that you talk about Cam, Bruno is doing as well.  He sets screens well.  He's a decent help defender.  He's shown the ability to guard superstar big men in the post ( KAT, AD, etc ), and at least try to stay in front of quicker guards and forwards.

Bruno has a post game that hasn't even been tapped into yet, because NBA coaches are almost allergic from calling post up plays for big men anymore.  You saw that mini-dreamshake he did on the short turnaround jumper in the post.  You saw the silky smooth 3 ball that he shot, when he didn't hesitate to take the shot.

LP simply needs to stop messing around, and give Bruno his minutes.  I'm highly disappointed in Alex Len, because he should be the undisputed starting center right now, but he's regressed tremendously.  Damian Jones definitely isn't going to develop any more than what he is right now.

So Bruno is the one to commit to.

TD #5 for Lamar Jackson.

Cam ain't good right now outside of defense. He is a D+ for a reason. He made major progress offensively in the last three games before the injury but this game was more of the same that we have seen before. 

I don't really see a comparison. Cam is great on defense and Bruno is raw on both ends. He continues to showcase his talent but man, dude misses assignments and just looks lost all of the time. I don't see what you are seeing and I watch him like a Hawk. 

He really should be in College Park but our centers are trash.

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

And here is another thing that is fascinating

That 13 win team had an SRS(Simple Rating System) of -9.62(30th out of 30)

This team has an SRS of -7.73(27th out of 30) and getting worse every game

I won't be surprised if this team surpasses the 13 win team in that rating

SRS - Simple Rating System; a rating that takes into account average point differential and strength of schedule. The rating is denominated in points above/below average, where zero is average.

In this team's slight defense, we've playing playoff level teams this entire month.  We've been competitive in a few games, and gotten blasted in quite a few.  The team doesn't have an identity right now, outside of Trae trying to do anything he can to win games.

When the schedule starts to lighten up in December, we'll get some wins.  When Collins and Huerter come back, we'll get even more wins.

But this November schedule is the exact reason why I thought the team would only win 35 games this season ( even if Collins and Huerter were healthy ).  These stretch of games have been brutal.  And it only gets slightly better until the end of the year.

After tonight, the Hawks have 12 of their next 18 games on the road.   The remaining 6 home games to close out the year?

• Golden State
  • Brooklyn
  • Indiana
  • LA Lakers
  • Utah
  • Milwaukee

• Like 3