• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

His low shot is going to be an issue in the NBA.  Like his brother, he may have to go to a more conventional type of shot.

Having said that, this kid is talented with the ball in his hands.  His off the dribble attack game is far better than his jumpshot.  And his vision is already at NBA level.

He and Trae on defense would be like you putting the webbed part of a flyswatter over your kitchen sink drain, to keep water from running out.

I love LaMelo but as long as we got Trae, it takes us out of the starting PG market. 

Just now, JTB said:

How about centers ?

This is looking as weak as 2015 at the position. 2015 had KAT and this class has Wiseman. After that, the best center was Myles Turner and then it was bust and scrubs at the position. Nnaji has a chance to be a good late lottery center. Other than that, it's looking like a bleak year at the position. 

This draft quality as far as today: 

PG (true and combo): 10/10

SG: 7/10, top heavy, limited depth

SF: 4/10. No one has emerged yet, I'll give it sometime but right now, it's weak. 

PF: 6/10. You have a number of 4s who will be 5s in the NBA in time as well as tweener 3/4. Not strong but not weak either. 

Center: 5/10. You got an ace in Wiseman and after that, it goes downhill quickly. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is looking as weak as 2015 at the position. 2015 had KAT and this class has Wiseman. After that, the best center was Myles Turner and then it was bust and scrubs at the position. Nnaji has a chance to be a good late lottery center. Other than that, it's looking like a bleak year at the position. 

This draft quality as far as today: 

PG (true and combo): 10/10

SG: 7/10, top heavy, limited depth

SF: 4/10. No one has emerged yet, I'll give it sometime but right now, it's weak. 

PF: 6/10. You have a number of 4s who will be 5s in the NBA in time as well as tweener 3/4. Not strong but not weak either. 

Center: 5/10. You got an ace in Wiseman and after that, it goes downhill quickly. 

Might have to go the FA route for a center regardless. We dont wont 5 young guys starting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

The schedule was a beast 

Or he is simply not a good player.

There. I fixed it for you.

The fact that it has taken LP 10+ games to recognize this. (If he even recognizes it....who knows. Djones may start next game) just shows how clueless LP is. Unless we are purposefully tanking. If we are purposefully tanking, then LP has been AMAZING thus far. 

4 minutes ago, LK6969 said:

There. I fixed it for you.

The fact that it has taken LP 10+ games to recognize this. (If he even recognizes it....who knows. Djones may start next game) just shows how clueless LP is. Unless we are purposefully tanking. If we are purposefully tanking, then LP has been AMAZING thus far. 

I think LP knows he sucks but LP doesn't have any non-suck options at that position. 

I am going through all of the data, we got too many one way players. Guys like VC who do wonders for our defense but suck on offense. Guys like Crabbe who aren't much in terms of defense but when they are on the court on offense, they barely add value if any at all. Then you get guys like Bembry would put up stats like mfer but you look at their defensive ratings and you wonder why you are in the rotation. Words can't describe how bad Parker is on defense and how useless Jones is on that end. The one take away of Jones is he allows us to play extremely fast which Len and Bruno don't. That helps Trae a lot on offense. The issue is, when we play fast, it's too fast for Parker defensively. 

I don't think LP can find a good mix with his crew. Sadly Travis gave him dog shit to work with. The one good take away is outside of this game, I expect Hunter to do well. Hunter is due to have a negative stinker and this was it. As bad as Reddish was on offense, his ability to run fast like a deer and pull pressure on the defense with his drives are very helpful and he really pushes the pace. Cam has a lot to work on in terms of offensive polish but his athleticism (speed and agility) is a thing of beauty. 6'9 dudes just don't move like he does. Development is key for him. Especially on offense. 

Not much good to say about the overall game. It's very hard to win when your backcourt is so inefficient outside of Trae. Even harder to win when your defensive frontcourt is this awful. Only Alex Len who barely played gave us quality defensive moments. VC did too but he was mainly used in the backcourt this game. Tough. Hunter really struggled at the 4. I wasn't expecting that but he did. His rebounding isn't that good either. Both of our wings have time but need ample development.