• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

I'd like to get a explanation from the LP supporters tonight.  Do you believe now?  

Yes but not based on this season. Based on last year and some of the things I've seen this year like the young players getting better. Last year, everyone was getting better, even old ass Vince. This year, it seems only Cam, Hunter, Len, and Trae have improved month to month wise. Kevin has regressed. The vets been trash and haven't improved. The bigs outside of Len haven't improved. Disappointing shit so far. I hope Travis makes some f***ing moves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Yes but not based on this season. Based on last year and some of the things I've seen this year like the young players getting better. Last year, everyone was getting better, even old ass Vince. This year, it seems only Cam, Hunter, Len, and Trae have improved month to month wise. Kevin has regressed. The vets been trash and haven't improved. The bigs outside of Len haven't improved. Disappointing shit so far. I hope Travis makes some f***ing moves. 

Kevin will hopefully be better in a few games.  

Maybe the Hawks wanted to tank for AntMan more than I thought. 

Goodness this was ugly.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I dont think he will.  He should never have gotten an extension.  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lol.. this is an overreaction. 

I have to say I don't understand some of the rotations, but John will fix a lot of this because Trae and Parker on defense is hot ass garbage. 

You can live with Trae out there, but they are targeting Jabari even more.

We haven't had our young core healthy all season.  Kevin always takes time to get back in rythm coming back fro injury.

This was a piss poor performance from everyone tonight though.

Patience is key here, but this was UGLY!

They're not though.  They're targeting our wings.

The experienced players try to go at the rookies.  And the bigger players with a little size and athleticism go at all of the wings.

The lineups are OK on most nights, as long as a big and a PF are in the game.  The leads grow out of control as soon as LP goes small.   The only reason why we stayed in that Laker game, is because they were turning it over and bricking shots.  Not because of anything we did well on offense or defense.

The fact that Vegas had us as underdogs, was the red fag of the night.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

LP is not a NBA head coach.  I mean anybody that knows basketball can see it in his rotations , player development, and lack of preparedness.  He is supposed to be a defensive guru and that is a complete joke.  Truth is he was hired on the cheap for the rebuild because no decent NBA coach would take the job.  I bet Ressler is wringing his hands tonight in frustration.   No coach or team could be this bad.  

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

LP is not a NBA head coach.  I mean anybody that knows basketball can see it in his rotations , player development, and lack of preparedness.  He is supposed to be a defensive guru and that is a complete joke.  Truth is he was hired on the cheap for the rebuild because no decent NBA coach would take the job.  I bet Ressler is wringing his hands tonight in frustration.   No coach or team could be this bad.  

I don't want to "like" this post.  I'll give it a "sad", because it's showing to be true.

If this is a "player development" year, he needs to keep these kids out of situations and matchups that they clearly cannot win.  If we don't have enough PFs on the team, go sign a bunch of repeated 10-day contracts and bring 3 guys in here every month. 

If Bruno isn't ready, send him to College Park for the rest of the year.  If you keep him on the main roster, play him at BOTH big spots.  I mean, this is "positionless basketball", right?  It's crazy that people don't believe that he can defensively play the 4, when he's out at half court trapping guards.

To me, this season is more about giving Vince a certain amount of minutes in his final season, than actually developing the kids in their proper roles.

It's a HUGE indictment on the coaching staff.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They're not though.  They're targeting our wings.

The experienced players try to go at the rookies.  And the bigger players with a little size and athleticism go at all of the wings.

The lineups are OK on most nights, as long as a big and a PF are in the game.  The leads grow out of control as soon as LP goes small.   The only reason why we stayed in that Laker game, is because they were turning it over and bricking shots.  Not because of anything we did well on offense or defense.

The fact that Vegas had us as underdogs, was the red fag of the night.

Stop it, most players go at Trae, Parker and Jones constantly. Most of the players who go at Hunter and Reddish don't even have that much success on average just based on the data unless they are badly out of position like Hunter stuck on a quick PG or Cam stuck on a big center. Those three also are always out of position on defense and part of the reason our metrics are so ass. 

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Also outrebounded tonight 55 - 36

That was expected. Knicks are one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA. What wasn't expected was the Knicks 3pt percentages tonight. 46.4%

• Like 2

Truth is, I think Kevin defense might be better this year than last year but his personnel around him is so f***ing awful, it's hard to tell and he ends up looking much worse regardless. 

Travis traded for Jones and he's been a f***ing disgrace. He's the Allen Crabbe of rim runners. 

I won't blame Travis for Parker starting, that's why Collins needs to get the shit slapped outta him. 

Travis needs to get fully slapped for thinking Evan Turner was going to be the backup PG this year. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

As bas as Pierce is... Schlenk put this team together. He isn’t cut out to be a GM.

He tanked the year. Lets see what he does next year with all of this $..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Truth is, I think Kevin defense might be better this year than last year but his personnel around him is so f***ing awful, it's hard to tell and he ends up looking much worse regardless. 

Travis traded for Jones and he's been a f***ing disgrace. He's the Allen Crabbe of rim runners. 

I won't blame Travis for Parker starting, that's why Collins needs to get the shit slapped outta him. 

Travis needs to get fully slapped for thinking Evan Turner was going to be the backup PG this year. 

I just him to acknowledge that this isn't working and that moves need to be made. In his radio interviews it's nothing but excuses.

56 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Not sure why people think Huerter will ever make a real difference. He is an average player at best.

Yep. Schlenk better thank the heavens TRae Young is player. Because everyone else looks meh right now..