• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

Just now, terrell said:

He tanked the year. Lets see what he does next year.

He shouldn’t get another year. He will though.

You can’t having winning situation if things are crappy at the top.

He lost the Dallas deal, Cam looks bad.... Huerter is  nothing to get excited about... He struggles to understand having the right players at the right positions... Sort of like Billy Knight. To a lesser degree.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't want to "like" this post.  I'll give it a "sad", because it's showing to be true.

If this is a "player development" year, he needs to keep these kids out of situations and matchups that they clearly cannot win.  If we don't have enough PFs on the team, go sign a bunch of repeated 10-day contracts and bring 3 guys in here every month. 

If Bruno isn't ready, send him to College Park for the rest of the year.  If you keep him on the main roster, play him at BOTH big spots.  I mean, this is "positionless basketball", right?  It's crazy that people don't believe that he can defensively play the 4, when he's out at half court trapping guards.

To me, this season is more about giving Vince a certain amount of minutes in his final season, than actually developing the kids in their proper roles.

It's a HUGE indictment on the coaching staff.

I agree with this^^^^^

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Kevin will hopefully be better in a few games.  

Maybe the Hawks wanted to tank for AntMan more than I thought. 

Goodness this was ugly.

Tanking wont work anymore.  Not with Atlanta luck anyway....

I been saying this for awhile. We regressed. 

Not saying Prince last year was better than Hunter this year but he was a much better fit offensively. 

Bazemore is better than Cam so far. Cam is getting better but he is not on last year Baze' level yet. Bazemore was better. 

Trae this year is way better than Trae last year. 

Kevin last year just more productive even if I think this Kevin could be better, he ain't with this personnel. 

Collins was a thousand times better than Parker this year. 

Dedmon last year compared to Jones this year is a complete joke. Dedmon was a billion times better. 

Lin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Turner=Adams

Last year's Bembry was better. This one just plays harder. 

VC last year>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VC this year

Dorsey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crabbe

This year Len is better than last year's one. 

I really think Dedmon is like DMC where his BBIQ, communication, spacing, and movement really opened up the game for everyone on both ends and without him, we are dealing with the spacing issues everyone outside of HOU and GS had. It just feels like the game ain't spaced no more. It also doesn't help we lost a decent 3pt shooter in Bazemore and a very good one in Prince for two way guys who don't have the bigs who can help them right now in the starting five. 

I wouldn't mind bringing back Dedmon. Shit worked with him. It's not working with Jones or Len. With Len things work on defense but it's the opposite on offense. With Dedmon, it worked both ways. 

• Like 1

Just now, terrell said:

I wondered how many players would set records. RJ and Mitchell most points scored this season. KNicks most points scored since 1980. Wow..

I really could count the contested 3s. Hunter contested 6, NY made 3 and one lucky one from Morris. Cam contested a lot as well, NY made 3, two by Knox's that was highly contested and nice threes for Knox. Other than that, it was a lot of wide open threes. A LOT! I think Len tried to contest one as well. 

Knicks were 46.4% 13-28 from three
Outrebounded tonight 55 - 36
55.8% to 45.5% from the field
77.4% to 75% from the FT line while being beat for FTs

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know Travis is all about his plan and wants to stick to it, this team has regressed. 

I don't see how they can overlook the need for a starting center or backup PG? 

Pretty easily. He's been able to wait for John's return before making changes and when John gets back we only need to be a little better to hold out the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, terrell said:

I wondered how many players would set records. RJ and Mitchell most points scored this season. KNicks most points scored since 1980. Wow..

This is like what used to happen with those early JJ playoff teams, when a scrub from another team would just go off and have a career game.  Granted, we wouldn't lose by 30 every night, but some scrub would always have a career night and beat us.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know Travis is all about his plan and wants to stick to it, this team has regressed. 

I don't see how they can overlook the need for a starting center or backup PG? 

This was supposed to be a showcase to FA's year for Trae and Collins. Collins fkd that up..Smdh

• Like 2

• Premium Member

We got blown out by the very, very bad Knicks. The KNICKS. This is like having the HS team show up on your court and blow you out.

We don't have a functional roster with no backup PG and no starting center. As much as everyone wants to think our GM is Basketball Jesus he's made a huge mistake with this roster. I don't know how much I can blame the coach when he's been given straight garbage to work with.

I am a very disgusted Hawks fan. It is one thing to know we were going to be a bad team this year in wins/losses but at least I thought we would be competitive. 

This is not NBA level competition. We have Trae Young and a bunch of stiffs that show up for a check. 

• Like 1