• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Have you seen our other players with the ball in their hands? Usually a turnover, a brick, or a blocked layup waiting to happen.

I have and the results haven't been good as expected but I seen Trae dominate possession. It's not much better. I rather we give Hunter, Reddish, and Kevin more usage on a nightly basis. We did that last night with Kevin which he struggled but last night, Hunter was isolated to the corner till the 4th QT. Cam recieved the Allen Crabbe treatment. 

If we are going to run this system effectively as he did last year, making sure Hunter, Reddish, and Hureter get consistent touches is critical. Our system over the last two years is a PnR centric system where Trae, Kevin, Prince, and Bazemore dominate possession for better or worse. 

This year, it's primarily Trae, Trae and more Trae. Maybe some Parker in the mix we well. This shit is pure garbage. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I have and the results haven't been good as expected but I seen Trae dominate possession. It's not much better. I rather we give Hunter, Reddish, and Kevin more usage on a nightly basis. We did that last night with Kevin which he struggled but last night, Hunter was isolated to the corner till the 4th QT. Cam recieved the Allen Crabbe treatment. 

If we are going to run this system effectively as he did last year, making sure Hunter, Reddish, and Hureter get consistent touches is critical. Our system over the last two years is a PnR centric system where Trae, Kevin, Prince, and Bazemore dominate possession for better or worse. 

This year, it's primarily Trae, Trae and more Trae. Maybe some Parker in the mix we well. This shit is pure garbage. 

Hopefully the addidtion of Collins shakes things up a bit..But no DEdmon spacing the floor anymore. Idk? THis roster was set up to fail..Either that or Schlenk is on drugs. lol. With that said, TRavis didnt know Len would turn back into Suns Len this year. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Hopefully the addidtion of Collins shakes things up a bit..But no DEdmon spacing the floor anymore. Idk? THis roster was set up to fail..Either that or Schlenk is on drugs. lol

Collins is critical to spacing within the perimeter but Dedmon was critical for it, for the wings and Trae. The lost of Dedmon for Jones has been extremely massive. Dedmon got paid on that while not being that good outside of our team.

• Like 2

Dedmon did run the floor very well for a cat his size and his three point percentage did help with efficiency and it also helped our other guys grab some rebounds too. Remember being surprised how many boards Huerter would end up with in several games. He wasn't battling bigs for them so think that is an example of how the spacing would improve and then help us in more than just one way. Not saying it makes us a playoff team at this point, just a hopefully better balanced offense and maybe take a few possessions away from the other team.

• Like 3

Another thing we miss about Dedmon was his passing/decision making skills. He always made the right decision at the top of the key. It might be a simple pass to Kevin on the left of him or Prince cutting for a layup or Prince wide open for three on the strongside. He just made the right play and decision. 

The lost of Dedmon has been massive for us especially since his replacement is a tier above the G-League level 

Dedmon was also a rebounding machine as well. His per36 numbers for rebounds is extremely impressive 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Also, please don't think people not responding to the village idiot and his quippy gifs means anyone agrees with him. He's just not worth responding to. 

Hawks have a roster problem. Not a coaching problem. And I say that as someone that has also questioned LP and certainly don't think he's an elite coach or anything like that.

I just happen to believe firmly that there isnt a coach in this league that would be doing much better with this roster. The Hawks literally have 1 nba starter on their roster right now. 

U can call me an idiot (on the internet that is, u wouldn't be dumb enough to say that to me in person) all u want lol

Doesn't change the fact that y'all think LP is above criticism and is a part of this mess

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1

Out of our young rebuild core think we have four players that will look like solid starters in the near/maybe not so near future. Trae, Cam, Hunter and JC to me will do well together with a good bit of time and the wings can actually defend right there. They all have to improve and then am hoping Huerter can stay healthy and Bruno starts getting it and be a part of a winning ten man rotation. Turns out that this year sure as hell ain't it for multiple reasons but believe one reason is that three of those guys are college age still. Don't know when it consistently clicks and don't really have a clue on the coaching future but think we at least have four if not six guys of the future winning rotation here now. Am gonna try to reduce my per game anxiety because don't believe it is too healthy. Last night being a prime example. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

U can call me an idiot (on the internet that is, u wouldn't be dumb enough to say that to me in person) all u want lol

Doesn't change the fact that y'all think LP is above criticism and is a part of this mess

I absolutely don't think LP is above criticism. Our offense is Trae Young doing Iso Joe 2.0 but with added range. Our entire offense is watching him play hero ball with four guys standing around. Where's the actual offense?

And defense? Don't get me started. They traded to get the BEST wing defender in college basketball and a very good wing defender was drafted at #10. Where is this? We got Jones to be a shot blocker at center. Where is it? We drafted Bruno to be a Draymond Green type player. Why isn't he playing? Either play him or send him to G-league for the rest of the season to get some run.

My fear is that our roster is so broken that we can't really see what LP is doing as a coach. Right now, he has the worst defense I've ever seen in Atlanta and an offense that is literally ONE GUY with the ball almost the whole shot clock. That's not development. That's just death on the court.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The Flu picked a great game for me to miss.😁

LP isn't above critism but the over reactions are just hilarious and the meltdowns are riduculous.

We play the Lakers tough one night,  come back the next night and lay down like dogs to the Knicks but it's all coaching - c'mon man.

We have a severely flawed roster compounded by Collins MIA and no consistency from any player besides Trae. That's it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I absolutely don't think LP is above criticism. Our offense is Trae Young doing Iso Joe 2.0 but with added range. Our entire offense is watching him play hero ball with four guys standing around. Where's the actual offense?

And defense? Don't get me started. They traded to get the BEST wing defender in college basketball and a very good wing defender was drafted at #10. Where is this? We got Jones to be a shot blocker at center. Where is it? We drafted Bruno to be a Draymond Green type player. Why isn't he playing? Either play him or send him to G-league for the rest of the season to get some run.

My fear is that our roster is so broken that we can't really see what LP is doing as a coach. Right now, he has the worst defense I've ever seen in Atlanta and an offense that is literally ONE GUY with the ball almost the whole shot clock. That's not development. That's just death on the court.

Hunter was the best overall defender in college Basketball. He played PF at UVA. He was always going to take time to transition on defense in the NBA. 

Cam has been one of the defenders on our team and was one of the best perimeter defenders in college. He translated, even his flaws on defense as well.

All Jones is on defense is a shot blocker. Other than that, he is absolutely awful in most categories. Someone who said he is a bigger Solo Jones is spot on. 

Lol, Bruno and Draymond Green?

I think you are tripping. We literally are starting Trae Young, Jabari Parker and Damian Jones. Three of the worst defenders in the NBA and Kevin while improved is one of the worse DRAYMOND defenders in the NBA. You can't win that way. Impossible. 

Sadly, you could start VC who is a defensive upgrade over Parker but he sucks on offense. 

Cam while improved still doesn't add offensive value while Kevin does. 

Len doesn't want to start and we got no backup for Young. What do you really want from LP my man?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Exactly. 

FWIW, I have no issues with criticism of LP. It's the "FIRE LP" literally in every post when the roster is clearly garbage as a whole that is just over the top idiocy. There's not a HC in the NBA or anywhere in the world that could take this bunch of players and have more than 8-10 wins right now. So we really firing LP for having 6? Get real.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter was the best overall defender in college Basketball. He played PF at UVA. He was always going to take time to transition on defense in the NBA. 

Cam has been one of the defenders on our team and was one of the best perimeter defenders in college. He translated, even his flaws on defense as well.

All Jones is on defense is a shot blocker. Other than that, he is absolutely awful in most categories. Someone who said he is a bigger Solo Jones is spot on. 

Lol, Bruno and Draymond Green?

I think you are tripping. We literally are starting Trae Young, Jabari Parker and Damian Jones. Three of the worst defenders in the NBA and Kevin while improved is one of the worse DRAYMOND defenders in the NBA. You can't win that way. Impossible. 

Sadly, you could start VC who is a defensive upgrade over Parker but he sucks on offense. 

Cam while improved still doesn't add offensive value while Kevin does. 

Len doesn't want to start and we got no backup for Young. What do you really want from LP my man?

I would like us to at least look organized and well coached even if we don't have the talent to win. I'm not going to blame the coach, but man we look god awful out there. It's really shocking. 

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Flu picked a great game for me to miss.😁

LP isn't above critism but the over reactions are just hilarious and the meltdowns are riduculous.

We play the Lakers tough one night,  come back the next night and lay down like dogs to the Knicks but it's all coaching - c'mon man.

We have a severely flawed roster compounded by Collins MIA and no consistency from any player besides Trae. That's it.

Whoever in your family has the flu, get well soon !  I got my old man flu shot yesterday.

:air_kiss:

• Like 4