• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce Not Currently In Danger Of Losing Job As Head Coach Of Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

remember the thread about the chair throwing coach?  I said then my concern is if you already felt the need to do that things could go south quick.  Well.  We need vocal vets or vocal coaches.  You can have a quiet coach and leader as it seems we have.  Are Ivan, Pero, and Zaza available?

• Haha 2

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Marbury was stuck on some bad teams. He gets a bad rep. Guy lost millions to make cheap shoes so poor kids could have their own kicks. He is nutty but has a good heart.

Kudos to him for the shoes.  That was definitely a break away from other big names who milked kids for premium prices.  But I'm not talking about his off-the-court character.

I've never seen a player whose career could so easily be summed up in:

Team gets rid of Marbury.  Team gets better.

Team bring Marbury in.  Team gets worse.

New Jersey - Next stop on the Marbury express sees NJ go from winning 43 games with Sam Cassell to winning 16, 31 and 26 games with Steph.  NJ trades Steph for Kidd.  The next 3 season NJ wins 52, 49 and 47 games with deep playoff runs under Kidd's leadership.  Where does Steph go next?

Phoenix - Why the land of the plummeting Suns of course.  They traded Kidd to NJ after all.  With Kidd they won 56, 27 (out of 50), 53 and 51 games the four seasons before Steph arrived.  With Starbury leading the way, Phoenix goes on to win 36, 44 and 29 games.  Beginning the year after Steph was unloaded to the Big Apple and Steve Nash added they won 62, 57 and 61 games.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Kudos to him for the shoes.  That was definitely a break away from other big names who milked kids for premium prices.  But I'm not talking about his off-the-court character.

New Jersey - Next stop on the Marbury express sees NJ go from winning 43 games with Sam Cassell to winning 16, 31 and 26 games with Steph.  NJ trades Steph for Kidd.  The next 3 season NJ wins 52, 49 and 47 games with deep playoff runs under Kidd's leadership.  Where does Steph go next?

Phoenix - Why the land of the plummeting Suns of course.  They traded Kidd to NJ after all.  With Kidd they won 56, 27 (out of 50), 53 and 51 games the four seasons before Steph arrived.  With Starbury leading the way, Phoenix goes on to win 36, 44 and 29 games.  Beginning the year after Steph was unloaded to the Big Apple and Steve Nash added they won 62, 57 and 61 games.

Some of those teams were rebuilding when they made those trades for him. You unfairly blame him for Minnesota when that was a very young expansion-ish team still and before Marbury left it was obvious that team was trending up. If he had stayed like KG begged him to do then Marbury would have spent his best years there with KG. His first big mistake was leaving Minnesota when that team was trending up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

I would say Starbury should not have been traded for Cassell or Kidd. I think both are better than Marbury was and the HOF will agree as well. Now if they got another good piece with Marbury, I could see it.

Edited by Buzzard

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Their individual situations being that they both suck out loud??

That . . . and the fact that if they're not playing, they can't increase their net worth going into free agency this summer.   Vets like those two would use the Hawks as a way to put up production on a bad team, so that they can still show the rest of the GMs in the league that they still have value.

If Turner isn't playing, he has no value.  And if he has no value, he gets "no money".

So yeah, I can understand why Turner is mad.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That . . . and the fact that if they're not playing, they can't increase their net worth going into free agency this summer.   Vets like those two would use the Hawks as a way to put up production on a bad team, so that they can still show the rest of the GMs in the league that they still have value.

If Turner isn't playing, he has no value.  And if he has no value, he gets "no money".

But that's the problem.  If all they're doing is trying to showcase themselves, that doesn't help our young guys develop.  So screw them jokers.

They've been around long enough to know the freaking deal.  No way Turner came here thinking he was gonna get enough rope to 'get his'.  He misread the situation so he just needs to eat it.

Crabbe?  Ok, he got traded so I sorta get his discord.  Still, you're here now.  Too bad, so sad.  Fit TF in or get TFO is what I say.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Turner..Parsons..Crabbe

You gotta f*ck one, marry ☝️, kill one..

GO! 

Kill them all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I always say getting the right vets are more important than just getting vets.

Rumor was Crabbe would a request a buyout he was upset being traded here.

Turner has sucked at PG, so why should  he play? Why would the Hawks allow him to use them?

Get rid of them ALL!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Marbury is not the only variable but he is the most significant one.

Aye, I'mma need you to lay off my guy.  Look, I'm sorry he took Cremins' bagg instead of Pitino's ok?

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we should move the Marbury discussion to Around the NBA.:smile3:

I think we should move the Marbury discussion to AH's dingy basement.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Aye, I'mma need you to lay off my guy.  Look, I'm sorry he took Cremins' bagg instead of Pitino's ok?

I'm done.  Hated him as a player (not a person) in the NBA (cheered for him some at Tech) so I take great offense to Trae being compared to him.  Love me some Trae!

• Like 2