• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce Not Currently In Danger Of Losing Job As Head Coach Of Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

But that's the problem.  If all they're doing is trying to showcase themselves, that doesn't help our young guys develop.  So screw them jokers.

They've been around long enough to know the freaking deal.  No way Turner came here thinking he was gonna get enough rope to 'get his'.  He misread the situation so he just needs to eat it.

Crabbe?  Ok, he got traded so I sorta get his discord.  Still, you're here now.  Too bad, so sad.  Fit TF in or get TFO is what I say.

Oh I agree. 

But I hope that the coaching staff would've had this conversation with those guys before we even started the season. 

Then again, these guys are competitors.  And just because you're making millions of dollars, doesn't mean that you might be content to just sit back and collect the money.  If you're constantly hurt like a Chandler Parsons, it's easy to sit back and rake in the money.   If you're a 31 year old guy like Turner, you may feel that you have 3 - 5 decent years left in you that can generate at least another 10 - 20 million.

If he's not playing, he'll be lucky to get $10 from somebody.

Career earnings of Evan Turner after this season

Related image

98 million dollars

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Oh I agree. 

But I hope that the coaching staff would've had this conversation with those guys before we even started the season. 

Because I don't think CLP is an idiot, I'm quite sure they had the conversation about role/fit/etc.  These guys' egos probably outweighed their good sense so now their chirping.

Either way, get them TF outta here before they infect the folks we want to keep.

• Premium Member

Our wing production from starters to bench has been below the level of random G-leaguers. Our best center is Alex Len. If we were underacheiving with a star studded roster it would be one thing but this team right now is the least talented team in the league by a mile if you take out Trae Young. 

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, AHF said:

They have no right to complain.  If Crabbe and Turner were giving production at even a league average level for this team we would be a lot better.  The biggest problem right now is lack of quality play from anyone not name Trae Young (who isn't above reproach but who is consistently giving us stud play).  You can't put up an 8.5 PER or 7.9 PER and complain that you aren't getting enough minutes.  That is straight garbage.  You are a big part of the problem.  Fix yourself and then if the team sucks complain about it professionally.  Don't give me BS about how you deserve better when you are playing like crap.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I always say getting the right vets are more important than just getting vets.

Rumor was Crabbe would a request a buyout he was upset being traded here.

Turner has sucked at PG, so why should  he play? Why would the Hawks allow him to use them?

Get rid of them ALL!!!

The problem is that we have developed into a pattern of being the team that pays off ridiculously overpriced players on behalf of other teams.  Crawford, Anthony, Plumlee, Turner, Crabbe, and the list goes on and on.  For the kind of money these "players" are/were making, we could have gotten some decent players, couldn't we?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

The problem is that we have developed into a pattern of being the team that pays off ridiculously overpriced players on behalf of other teams.  Crawford, Anthony, Plumlee, Turner, Crabbe, and the list goes on and on.  For the kind of money these "players" are/were making, we could have gotten some decent players, couldn't we?

IT's not like we didn't anything in return.

Crawford - Pick from Houston that Spellman ate away, 

Anthony - we got out of Dennis' contract

Crabbe - 2 1sts

If you could tell me who we could have gotten it return, I'll listen.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IT's not like we didn't anything in return.

Crawford - Pick from Houston that Spellman ate away, 

Anthony - we got out of Dennis' contract

Crabbe - 2 1sts

If you could tell me who we could have gotten it return, I'll listen.

How many draft picks do we need?  I'm sorry, but if the best we can do with a #4 is Hunter, and Reddish at #10, we need a new plan of action or a new GM.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

How many draft picks do we need?  I'm sorry, but if the best we can do with a #4 is Hunter, and Reddish at #10, we need a new plan of action or a new GM.

You know we are STILL rebuilding ...right? 

Our #4 and #10 picks have played less than 30 NBA games - but sure let's start with a new plan.  Our best player has played 108 games, his side kicked has played 5 games this season.

But ok - let's scrap the plan and the GM.

This is all I hear:

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You know we are STILL rebuilding ...right? 

Our #4 and #10 picks have played less than 30 NBA games - but sure let's start with a new plan.  Our best player has played 108 games, his side kicked has played 5 games this season.

But ok - let's scrap the plan and the GM.

This is all I hear:

tenor.gif

So, should I take it that you are good if Trae gets out of here at his very first opportunity?  Sometimes people start pitching fits to get out of bad situations, and frequently, they get their way.  This is year 3 of Schlenk, and it appears we are regressing rather than progressing.  Sorry you don't like my opinions, but I'll just have to get over it.

10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

You really believe these two are that bad?  It's true.  Neither is a super star right now.  

:smug:

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

You really believe these two are that bad?  It's true.  Neither is a super star right now.  

:smug:

I guess I am not really too impressed.  Trae was #5 pick, and as best as I can recall, he was much better at this point last year than #4 or #10 (or even combined) this year.  I truly have to wonder whether Doncic will be better than the combo of Trae and Reddish.  He certainly is at the moment, anyway (other than his sprained ankle.)  I like Trae, and I wish he had some help.  My wife has developed an interest in the Hawks over the last few years, and she raises the question as to whether Collins will not be as good if he no longer takes performance enhancing substances.  I try to tell her I don't think it will make that much difference, but what if she's right?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Watchman said:

So, should I take it that you are good if Trae gets out of here at his very first opportunity?  Sometimes people start pitching fits to get out of bad situations, and frequently, they get their way.  This is year 3 of Schlenk, and it appears we are regressing rather than progressing.  Sorry you don't like my opinions, but I'll just have to get over it.

Where did I say anything remotely close to this? Read what I wrote. Please.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

I guess I am not really too impressed.  Trae was #5 pick, and as best as I can recall, he was much better at this point last year than #4 or #10 (or even combined) this year.  I truly have to wonder whether Doncic will be better than the combo of Trae and Reddish.  He certainly is at the moment, anyway (other than his sprained ankle.)  I like Trae, and I wish he had some help.  My wife has developed an interest in the Hawks over the last few years, and she raises the question as to whether Collins will not be as good if he no longer takes performance enhancing substances.  I try to tell her I don't think it will make that much difference, but what if she's right?

And this is the problem - comparing Trae's development last year vs Reddish and Hunter.

It's an excercise in futility. All draft classes aren't created equally.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Where did I say anything remotely close to this? Read what I wrote. Please.

Sorry, I responded in kind to your sarcasm.  You said we are still rebuilding.  I am not seeing that very much.  Trae is the best player we've had in a long time.  I would hate to see us lose him, just because Schlenk loves expensive expiring contracts and "flexibility."  At some point, you have to do something to make people want to stay here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Sorry, I responded in kind to your sarcasm.  You said we are still rebuilding.  I am not seeing that very much.  Trae is the best player we've had in a long time.  I would hate to see us lose him, just because Schlenk loves expensive expiring contracts and "flexibility."  At some point, you have to do something to make people want to stay here.

Ok. I'll say it again....We are still rebuilding...your sarcasm doesn't change that fact.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Watchman said:

I guess I am not really too impressed.  Trae was #5 pick, and as best as I can recall, he was much better at this point last year than #4 or #10 (or even combined) this year. 

I guess your view of doing "much better" last year is different than mine.  Through December 19, 2018, Trae had the following year to date numbers.  In parenthesis is his team ranking against the full year numbers for our top 15 by minutes played.  In bold are numbers that are better for Trae than Hunter:

Trae Young

FG% 37.9% (13th out of 15)

3pt% 25.0% (15th out of 15)

FT% 78.88% (5th out of 15)

TS% 47.93% (13th out of 15)

Assists 8.8 ap36 (1st out of 15)

Turnovers 4.8 to36 (15th out of 15)

Rebounds 3,3 rp36 (15th out of 15)

Steals 0.9 sp36 (12th out of 15)

ORtg 96.6*

DRtg 116*

If you look at these same numbers for Hunter:

De'Andre Hunter

FG% 40.0% (8th out of 15)

3pt% 34.1% (5th out of 15)

FT% 77.11% (5th out of 15)

TS% 51.11% (9th out of 15)

Assists 2.2 ap36 (tied 9th out of 15)

Turnovers 1.8 to36 (6th out of 15)

Rebounds 4,6 rp36 (12th out of 15)

Steals 0.8 sp36 (tied for 12th out of 15)

ORtg 99

DRtg 117

In short, I think you forgot how much Trae was struggling this time last year. 

Look at the numbers for each of them for December (through the 19th)-

Hunter -------------------/---- Trae

15.7 ppg on .522% TS% /  15.4 ppg on .483% TS%

4.0 rpg -----------------/  3.3 rpg

2.6 A/TO Ratio---------/  1.3 A/TO ratio

107 ORtg----------------/  100 ORtg*

113 DRtg---------------/    116 DRtg*

Hunter sweeps on those December numbers.

* = Had to use full month ORtg and DRtg numbers for Trae's December.

• Thanks 1