• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Spencer Dinwiddie (22.1 PPG, 6.2 APG; 41 points @ SAS on Thursday) has been a godsend for Nets coach Kenny Atkinson’s offense, especially given the ongoing mystery absence of Kyrie Irving (shoulder, not yet cleared for contact). Yet if Taurean and Joe Harris (combined 40.5 3FG% on the season, rest of BKN 30.0%, incl. Dinwiddie’s 30.7%) aren’t sinking shots, and if Jarrett Allen (19-and-13 plus team-high 6 assists @ SAS; 3rd in NBA for O-Reb%) and DeAndre Jordan aren’t creating second- and third-chances during possessions, scoring for Brooklyn can be an uphill climb.

Yeah, seems like every time I have seen Dinwiddie play the last two years he absolutely balls out. A seriously good mover. What a one two punch he would help create for us at the point in cahoots with the Trae show. 

• Like 4

Perhaps, after tonight's game, it will change.  The 4th quarter blues.  Hawks have a fatal case.  They are tense - tense - tense and it shows.  The closer to the end of the game, the worse it gets.  Shots that would be nothing but net earlier in the game now roll around and jump out.  It's not just one player.  It's every Hawk on the floor.  Here we go again and it's another miss.

Check it out.  I'll guess that our 4th quarter shooting % is much worse than the 1st three quarters.  And, the players want to play "hot potato" with the ball.  "Don't make me shoot it!"  

Love our young starting five!  Hope we're so far ahead in the last half of the 4th quarter, Hawks can play with the guys on the far end of the bench and still win !!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Maybe it’s too early to celebrate Competitanking, but how about some Competitinkering instead?

We are starting to enter that phase sadly. Nice thread as usually lw3. Last one without JC. Let’s get it.

What I don’t get is how my nephew thinks it’s a goal 🥅 for him when the ball ⚽️ is clearly in front of me.. 🤨 the goalie.. 😐 I have high hopes for him to be an NBA referee! 😃 

Happy Holidays everyone.

Go Hawks!!

Nets -8  o/u 231.5

3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Look how Bruno raced down the court with Trae

I like that

They need to do better in getting him the ball when he has a smaller man on him.  Not a huge deal right now, but he does have instances in which he beats his man down the floor and has like a 6 - 4 guard around him.

Overall, a very good start defensively for the Hawks, which has led to easier offense.  Bruno has already challenged 3 shots at the rim, committing a foul on one, but also causing 2 missed shots.

• Like 1