• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The rookies ( all 3 of them ) are the best man defensive players on the team.  That's crazy.

Those three about to get dogged out for their offense but their defense was amazing. Bruno had a crazy defensive rating this game. Most of Dinwiddie points came on Trae and Kevin. Especially Kevin. Everyone got buckets on Kevin. Especially Temple.

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Kevin Huerter is starting to drift down from great role player potential to the B word. A shooter that isn’t hitting shots isn’t all that valuable.

It was a rough night for him. He is a PDS player who struggled tonight at all three but was awful at what he wasn't good at. Brooklyn is a team that beats you on what your weaknesses is. Tonight, they got the feeling it was Kevin and attacked him relentlessly in the 4th QT as if it's NBA2k. Now offensively, our guys outside of Trae will get the blame but defensively we couldn't get stops and it's mainly on one guy. 

Defensively, even Trae was solid tonight. This was on one player.

36 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

The only pass that I give Cam is that he didn't get the chance to actually have a summer 

Huerter on the other hand, could be used for trade bait

And Kevin had an off-season and did jack with it. Added nothing to his game and didn’t even improve his body. How funny a video drops recently of him showing off the Emory facility and he mentions how much he hates being in the weight room smh we can tell

• Like 3

I know some people want Cam in CP because his offensive game ain't it more times than not this season but Cam defense has always been very good. I don't see how we can start Kevin if his offense is bad and defense is awful. Cam had a +15 going into the 4th for a reason and was like 2-3 going into the 4th quarter with just 4 points.

Edited by NBASupes

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hope Kevin can learn from this game. Shit, Trae didn't play well v. Utah. He better because Sexton and Clarkson will attack his ass off the rip. 

I wouldnt mind grabbing Clarkson on a fair deal next year. We need someone else who can score when Trae isnt out there..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Cwell said:

And Kevin had an off-season and did jack with it. Added nothing to his game and didn’t even improve his body. 

I'll repost what I posted an hour ago. Huerter injured his knee during his offseason workouts. He showed up to training camp injured and was held out of training camp and missed all of preseason. He started the season on minutes restriction off the bench. 2 games back as starter Jokic killed his shoulder, he missed  the next 11 games. So the notion he did 'jack' in the offseason is incorrect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/soaringdownsouth.com/2019/10/04/atlanta-hawks-kevin-huerter-offseason/amp/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know some people want Cam in CP because his offensive game ain't it more times than not this season but Cam defense has always been very good. I don't see how we can start Kevin if his offense is bad and defense is awful. Cam had a +15 going into the 4th for a reason and was like 2-3 going into the 4th quarter with just 4 points.

No need to send him. He's shown enough offensive improvement from the start of the season to now and his defense has been really good.

Besides, the trade deadline will be here in just over 6 weeks so he might as well play.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Kevin Huerter is starting to drift down from great role player potential to the B word. A shooter that isn’t hitting shots isn’t all that valuable.

I've always thought he would be a role player.  He is too mechanical.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll repost what I posted an hour ago. Huerter injured his knee during his offseason workouts. He showed up to training camp injured and was held out of training camp and missed all of preseason. He started the season on minutes restriction off the bench. 2 games back as starter Jokic killed his shoulder, he missed  the next 11 games. So the notion he did 'jack' in the offseason is incorrect.

Cam didn't get an offseason even more than Kevin and that hasn't stop the interwebs from dogging him out. Even blaming him for tonight lost when his defense was excellent tonight.

Cam had no expectations from many in national media for this year and within Hawks media, some like Jeff Seigel said he will be the worst player in the NBA. 

While Kevin got a lot of love on the outside and inside all I heard was he is on the path of Bradley Beal which I knew was BS as I saw Beal live at least 120 times as a former Wizards season ticket holder. I knew that was bullshit from the rip but a lot in Atlanta felt that way. Just facts.

Kevin hasn't lived up to expectations but he doesn't even get much heat for it.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam didn't get an offseason even more than Kevin and that hasn't stop the interwebs from dogging him out. Even blaming him for tonight lost when his defense was excellent tonight.

Cam had no expectations from many in national media for this year and without Hawks media, some like Jeff Seigel said he will be the worst player in the NBA. 

While Kevin got a lot of love on the outside and inside all I heard was he is on the path of Bradley Beal which I knew was BS as I saw Beal live at least 120 times as a former Wizards season ticket holder. I knew that was bullshit from the rip but a lot in Atlanta felt that way. Just facts.

Kevin hasn't lived up to expectations but he doesn't even get much heat for it.

I've always said part of Cam's difficulties was his recovery from surgery and being a rookie.

Cam was available to play from preseason on, Huerter was not.

I'm only disputing the fact of those saying that Kevin did 'jack' in the offseason to improve.  He has struggled to get and stay healthy so far this season.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Cam is always kicking the ball or getting the ball stripped. Pay attention young man.

He didn't get stripped on that 1v1. He just flat out lost it. No one touched it after replaying it about 30 times. Even if he didn't, it wasn't going to end well. Harris forced him to a tough angle and his ass just lost the ball. It was a turnover but the stat people considered it a missed shot. The basketball play was a wide open Hunter for the strongside three. 

Cam has some serious issues with the strength in his hands. That's where I see a lot of his issues when slashing. When he doesn't have those issues, he finishes well. 

People like to chat about the explosiveness but he is so damn long and quick, it doesn't even matter. His hands isn't good and that's a problem. Him and Alex Len have that issue. Len issue is more of a bigger issue as he specifically has it when he is going up. If the ball is already in the air, Len hands are fine. But going up his hands are an issue. 

But Cam hands are problematic. When Trae passed it to him on the three. Cam had to adjust but his hands slightly bobbled the ball on the adjustment catch. It threw off his shot. What crazy is the same thing happened to Len in the 4th at the 3 as well. He bobbled the pass and awkwardly shot the three and missed of course. 

Those two really need to work on their hands. Cam is more redeemable than Len as he has very quick hands. Both have grip issues. You see it on rebounds too.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Kevin having a injured knee has nothing to do with him not improving his upper body physique

Bad excuse

He could have improved other things while his knee was healing

Again....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/soaringdownsouth.com/2019/10/04/atlanta-hawks-kevin-huerter-offseason/amp/

• Thanks 1