• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

Offensively, Cam had a tough last 6 mins. From the Harris turnover. To the missed open look to Bruno to the missed strongside look that was open for Hunter, he simply just didn't play well offensively. He was tough to watch on that end. Most of the game. He was fine, just did his job but once he went away from that, it got ugly quick.

• Moderators

There's just a lot of unacceptable play.  Trae outrebounded every Hawk except Len.  Not sure why Jabari only plays 14 minutes.  And honestly i'm not sure Bembry would actually be playing on many other nba teams.    Crabbe and Turner have just proved to be pretty useless.   We need backcourt help.

Just now, macdaddy said:

There's just a lot of unacceptable play.  Trae outrebounded every Hawk except Len.  Not sure why Jabari only plays 14 minutes.  And honestly i'm not sure Bembry would actually be playing on many other nba teams.    Crabbe and Turner have just proved to be pretty useless.   We need backcourt help.

Coached realized you can't play Trae and Jabari too many minutes together.  Jabari's defense is worst than Trae's in my opinion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Coached realized you can't play Trae and Jabari too many minutes together.  Jabari's defense is worst than Trae's in my opinion.

Trae defense really isn't that bad. His defensive BBIQ is shit at times and he lacks length but his lateral quickness, hands, and communication helps him. He is hard to beat 1v1. 

While there is nothing Parker does well on defense other then man defense at times but v. A team like Brooklyn who is always cutting and moving without the ball, he is food. 

Parker issue is obvious, his defense supersedes his offense unless he is scoring at an elite rate which isn't always there. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae defense really isn't that bad. His defensive BBIQ is shit at times and he lacks length but his lateral quickness, hands, and communication helps him. He is hard to beat 1v1. 

While there is nothing Parker does well on defense other then man defense at times but v. A team like Brooklyn who is always cutting and moving without the ball, he is food. 

Parker issue is obvious, his defense supersedes his offense unless he is scoring at an elite rate which isn't always there. 

I get that but again Hawks not named Trae were like 1-15 for the 4th quarter. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No need to send him. He's shown enough offensive improvement from the start of the season to now and his defense has been really good.

Besides, the trade deadline will be here in just over 6 weeks so he might as well play.

I still think he needs BIG minutes that he could get at CP. He just needs to be constantly playing 30 minutes somewhere. I’m glad that Bruno is getting minutes now..

21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I get that but again Hawks not named Trae were like 1-15 for the 4th quarter. 

The bigger issue in my eyes was we weren't getting stops. Nets had 85 points going into the 4th. At expected pace, it would have been a 1 point lost with our struggle. If we were getting stops like we were especially with Cam, Bruno, and Hunter, we would have likely won. The issue with defense. We gave up 37 and Brooklyn missed a lot of FTs as well. Kevin got abused and LP played him for 35 minutes. A decision that ultimately lost us the game but Bembry was so awful in the 3rd as well offensively. 

Just a tough day for everyone not named Alex or Trae

3 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I still think he needs BIG minutes that he could get at CP. He just needs to be constantly playing 30 minutes somewhere. I’m glad that Bruno is getting minutes now..

He played 35 minutes v Utah and 26 tonight while being in foul trouble in the first half. Cam gets minutes. If that's your reasoning, its not a good one.

He honestly been our best SG in the month of December. It's not been close either.

Edited by NBASupes

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The bigger issue in my eyes was we weren't getting stops. Nets had 85 points going into the 4th. At expected pace, it would have been a 1 point lost with our struggle. If we were getting stops like we were especially with Cam, Bruno, and Hunter, we would have likely won. The issue with defense. We gave up 37 and Brooklyn missed a lot of FTs as well. Kevin got abused and LP played him for 35 minutes. A decision that ultimately lost us the game but Bembry was so awful in the 3rd as well offensively. 

Just a tough day for everyone not named Alex or Trae

He played 35 minutes v Utah and 26 tonight while being in foul trouble in the first half. Cam gets minutes. If that's your reasoning, its not a good one.

He honestly been our best SG in the month of December. It's not been close either.

Let me clarify. He needs big minutes as the primary guy. 

7 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Let me clarify. He needs big minutes as the primary guy. 

For what, he will not have that role in Atlanta ever. His best role will be like PG in OKC where he shoots threes and is a secondary playmaker in his prime. 

What's the point of having him go to the G-league. If he is locking down Dinwiddie and Mitchell, why the f*** do we want him in College Park v. Nobodies? Because his shooting is meh and inconsistent? This is literally the first game this month he didn't make a three pointer and this is who you want to send to pointless ass College Park. Bruno ass is learning more in these minutes than he could ever learn in College Park v. Nobodies. Jarrett Allen, DeAndre Jordan, Rudy Gobert compared to f***ing Dovante Cacok? Man, get that shit somewhere else. Ya'll say the GLeague as a disrespectful f***ing joke. 

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I’ve trashed Reddish, but this whole SG/SF’s have been terrible. If Kent Bazemore was still here he would be the best SG/SF on the roster. 🤮

Yep. We definitely need a Vet  SG(Bogdonavic,Fournier,etc), SF(Bertans,Derrick Jones Jr,etc) and C(Meyers Leonard,Baynes,Noel,etc) in FA imo. Bring the rooks along slowly. Draft a backup PG, and backup PF. Unless we get #1 or #2 pick of course..

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

For what, he will not have that role in Atlanta ever. His best role will be like PG in OKC where he shoots threes and is a secondary playmaker in his prime. 

What's the point of having him go to the G-league. If he is locking down Dinwiddie and Mitchell, why the f*** do we want him in College Park v. Nobodies? Because his shooting is meh and inconsistent? This is literally the first game this month he didn't make a three pointer and this is who you want to send to pointless ass College Park. Bruno ass is learning more in these minutes than he could ever learn in College Park v. Nobodies. Jarrett Allen, DeAndre Jordan, Rudy Gobert compared to f***ing Dovante Cacok? Man, get that shit somewhere else. Ya'll say the GLeague as a disrespectful f***ing joke. 

Because he is absolutely terrible off the ball DUH!!!!

and it’s not a disrespectful joke bruh. Go get yourself a god damn snicker.

I feel Cams development would go smoother if we let him refine the areas of the game where he has been the most comfortable and that’s as the primary ball handler. 

Ive been saying the same thing over and over since we drafted him...

Edited by EazyRoc
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Because he is absolutely terrible off the ball DUH!!!!

and it’s not a disrespectful joke bruh. Go get yourself a god damn snicker.

I feel Cams development would go smoother if we let him refine the areas of the game where he has been the most comfortable and that’s as the primary ball handler. 

Ive been saying the same thing over and over since we drafted him...

He really isn't terrible off the ball at all. He just isn't used effectively. We have this issue with all of our wings. If we aren't going v. A defense in transition, we struggle to score v. Set defenses. 

To say Cam is bad off the ball when he is basically is our best off the ball spacer is nonsense. I can't get mad at you for saying this as you might only watch the game once and I usually watch it four to five times play rewinds so I can see what's fully going on.

Cam might be our worst off the ball scorer bar none. But he is our best off the ball spacer. He constantly finds space, goes into it, occupies the defensive player which is why we do a lot of damage on his side of the court offensively even if Cam doesn't touch the rock. 

These are things you can't see in live watches unless you are at the games. There is a reason Cam lead the team in +/- in the last 5 games and was a +15 in this one till the 4th and only had 3 shots till that point.

I personally think he is raw at so many aspects that no matter where he goes, it will take times but he already makes an impact. Over the month of December, he has been our best wing. Not saying much as Hots said it best, Bazemore would be our best based on this time last year but for a rookie that was ass for most of OCT and NOV, that's a come up

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

IT'S  OVER !!  That 25 game wait for Collins is over.  Last night, Hawk rookies looked very good, as did our second year players.  Too bad we can't say the same for most of our veterans,  Len played well but the others were either poor or pitiful.

Collins will not cure all that ails the Hawks.  We all agree on this.  But, I have to think that he will help.  Hawks have their back up PG in the G League and apparently will not bring him up while we wait for Evan Turner to earn his $18.6 million salary.

We knew this season would go bad when we had three extremely high $$$ players who are useless.  Since they will not be here next season, perhaps things will improve.  We can only hope......

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 2