• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not even watching this video. this is a POOR excuse. A knee injury isn't going to keep you from strength training period. There is no excuse for Kevin to have the same exact build from last year. he's still a frail twig. If your knee is injured, then you needed to be hitting upper body, and we CLEARLY see he didn't do that.

For somebody that started 60 games as a rookie last year, he has no business still looking like a rookie at times this year

8 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Because he is absolutely terrible off the ball DUH!!!!

and it’s not a disrespectful joke bruh. Go get yourself a god damn snicker.

I feel Cams development would go smoother if we let him refine the areas of the game where he has been the most comfortable and that’s as the primary ball handler. 

Ive been saying the same thing over and over since we drafted him...

The Gleague is a joke. You're not improving any more in the gleague than you would in the NBA. It doesn't happen. When the player already has valuable NBA skills and is in an NBA rotation, you don't send him to the GLeague. Now if he wasn't getting any minutes than that would make sense, but sending a valuable prospect to the gleague is more of a slap in the face than a helping hand.

I'm about sick of people with this weird notion that the Gleague is some magical pokemon rare candy crap. IT ISN'T

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The Nets scored a ton  in the 4th but to me that's equal parts bad defense and our bad offense.   We totally lost our way when offense became series of screw ups and missed shots.  

Basically every minute became really yucky.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Cwell said:

The Gleague is a joke. You're not improving any more in the gleague than you would in the NBA. It doesn't happen. When the player already has valuable NBA skills and is in an NBA rotation, you don't send him to the GLeague. Now if he wasn't getting any minutes than that would make sense, but sending a valuable prospect to the gleague is more of a slap in the face than a helping hand.

I'm about sick of people with this weird notion that the Gleague is some magical pokemon rare candy crap. IT ISN'T

Outside of maybe 2 games or so..Dude has shot under 40% for the last month while getting big minutes. He makes careless mistakes and turnovers. It’s not about the G league being anything magical. Dude just isn’t a NBA caliber player right now. His only valuable NBA skill is defense. What the hell are y’all watching ?

Hes shooting 33% for the season and y’all wonder why I think he needs to go to the G league and beat up on lesser competition

Edited by EazyRoc

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He really isn't terrible off the ball at all. He just isn't used effectively. We have this issue with all of our wings. If we aren't going v. A defense in transition, we struggle to score v. Set defenses. 

To say Cam is bad off the ball when he is basically is our best off the ball spacer is nonsense. I can't get mad at you for saying this as you might only watch the game once and I usually watch it four to five times play rewinds so I can see what's fully going on.

Cam might be our worst off the ball scorer bar none. But he is our best off the ball spacer. He constantly finds space, goes into it, occupies the defensive player which is why we do a lot of damage on his side of the court offensively even if Cam doesn't touch the rock. 

These are things you can't see in live watches unless you are at the games. There is a reason Cam lead the team in +/- in the last 5 games and was a +15 in this one till the 4th and only had 3 shots till that point.

I personally think he is raw at so many aspects that no matter where he goes, it will take times but he already makes an impact. Over the month of December, he has been our best wing. Not saying much as Hots said it best, Bazemore would be our best based on this time last year but for a rookie that was ass for most of OCT and NOV, that's a come up

You don’t think he would benefit from being able to get up 30 shots a game ? To gain a little confidence? To see more shots go in ? He’s got to to be on an emotional see saw right now where he has 1 good game followed by 4 or 5 where he’s probably beating himself up for not playing well. 

9 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Because he is absolutely terrible off the ball DUH!!!!

and it’s not a disrespectful joke bruh. Go get yourself a god damn snicker.

I feel Cams development would go smoother if we let him refine the areas of the game where he has been the most comfortable and that’s as the primary ball handler. 

Ive been saying the same thing over and over since we drafted him...

I'm sorry.  But I literally burst out laughing when I read that.  As a guy who knows a little bit about the advertising world, the Snickers ad campaign is one of my favorites.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm sorry.  But I literally burst out laughing when I read that.  As a guy who knows a little bit about the advertising world, the Snickers ad campaign is one of my favorites.

We have a lot of those.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

Outside of maybe 2 games or so..Dude has shot under 40% for the last month while getting big minutes. He makes careless mistakes and turnovers. It’s not about the G league being anything magical. Dude just isn’t a NBA caliber player right now. His only valuable NBA skill is defense. What the hell are y’all watching ?

Hes shooting 33% for the season and y’all wonder why I think he needs to go to the G league and beat up on lesser competition

I'm one of the ones that had called for him going to the G-League.  But even I can see that he's playing about 3x better now, than he was earlier in the season on offense.  And while even that is slightly below average, he was playing historically bad for a while there.

I also agree that he should be involved more as the pick and roll ball handler.  He can do some really good things with the ball in his hands.  I worry more about Cam's decision making in transition, than in the half court offense.  Some of his turnovers in transition have been mind boggling.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm one of the ones that had called for him going to the G-League.  But even I can see that he's playing about 3x better now, than he was earlier in the season on offense.  And while even that is slightly below average, he was playing historically bad for a while there.

I also agree that he should be involved more as the pick and roll ball handler.  He can do some really good things with the ball in his hands.  I worry more about Cam's decision making in transition, than in the half court offense.  Some of his turnovers in transition have been mind boggling.

He is playing better to be fair. Cam gets in his head more than most according to everything I’ve read on him. I don’t want him to get too down on himself...

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

You don’t think he would benefit from being able to get up 30 shots a game ? To gain a little confidence? To see more shots go in ? He’s got to to be on an emotional see saw right now where he has 1 good game followed by 4 or 5 where he’s probably beating himself up for not playing well. 

I honestly don't even think he would benefit from it. The NBA and G-League is massively different 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You got to YouTube the one where they’re at a party, freestylin and dude jumps in singing 

This the one

Edited by EazyRoc
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I honestly don't even think he would benefit from it. The NBA and G-League is massively different 

exactly. That's like playing a video game on the highest difficulty. Of course you may struggle at first, but you progressively get better over time like Cam has. You don't turn the difficulty all the way down to the lowest setting, and think that's going to help you with the highest difficulty. The G league might enforce bad habits for a player like Cam, especially when it's full of a bunch of guys tryna make it, that'll never make it.

Plus, Cam isn't the only guy struggling to shoot consistently. You don't send your best perimeter defender away for offensive reasons when everyone sucks offensively offside of Trae.

Eff the Gleague, what we need to figure out is wtf is our shooting coach doing with these guys. What happened to the guy that helped Taurean? We need that guy back.

• Like 1

Myself I would play Cam his minutes limit of thirty or close to it every game we could. His defense on the floor when Trae's offense is on the floor is a better outcome since Kevin is not handling it on either end right now. Cam gets his minutes at both swing positions and builds that confidence. End result is Kevin's minutes are reduced a good bit and hopefully Kevin's deal is just him navigating his injuries and this helps out.

• Like 3