• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Feel Trae's assists average will be double digits after JC gets acclimated back in, say two or three games to adjust maybe. This will certainly help our chances each game. 

I had him at above 12 per I believe in dimes for season predictions. Collins did me in a bit there but hopefully we can make up a bit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I had him at above 12 per I believe in dimes for season predictions. Collins did me in a bit there but hopefully we can make up a bit.

Yeah, think a bunch of us were in the 23 points and 12 assists range. Why would we think otherwise after last season right? Oh yeah, the suspension....

• Sad 2

Collins is back!  Does this mean that we have a close, exciting game VS Cleveland?  Or, will we face another Knickerbocker blow out loss?  Will the Hawks keep their young starting five intact?  If Collins gets the start, Atlanta is still young, as he is only a three year player.

Are we expecting too much from the return of Collins?  Our opponent knows what we are facing tonight and they will be prepared.  Can our core of veteran players contribute?  Len was the only vet who played well in our latest loss.  We need the others to step up.

So many hopes.  So many questions that only get answered when the Hawks play tonight.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!  Collins' return gives us fans hope for things to turn and go right...:dance3:

:clapping:

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, think a bunch of us were in the 23 points and 12 assists range. Why would we think otherwise after last season right? Oh yeah, the suspension....

I think we would have been spot on without the suspension. but such is life.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Thomas said:

Feel Trae's assists average will be double digits after JC gets acclimated back in, say two or three games to adjust maybe. This will certainly help our chances each game. 

I don't think his assists will go up, until guys start making outside shots.  Trae's assists to the centers ( Len and Jones ) have been there all year.  It's the shooters that bring his assist totals down.

Here are who Trae averages the most assist to per game. 

• Anything 50% FG and above and 40% 3FG and above will be in Bold Green
  • Anything between 40% - 50% FG . . and 30% - 40% 3FG will be in Bold
  • Anything below 40% FG and 30% 3FG will be in Bold Red

Parker - 1.7 - ( 45% FG overall ) . . ( 17% 3FG ) . . . He doesn't have a lot of 3 point attempts, but still pitiful.

Hunter - 1.3 - ( 40% FG ) . . ( 39% 3FG ) . . . Solid outside shooting, Need to be better on the inside.

Jones - 1.3 - ( 65% FG ) . . He can catch the lob. No doubt about that.

Len - 1.1 - ( 50% FG ) . . ( 14% 3FG ) . . . And that 3 point % had to be in the single digits until recently.

That's 5.4 assists to those guys alone.   Here's the rest of the team.

Reddish - 0.6 - ( 32% FG ) . . ( 29% 3FG ) . . . and to think, this was WORSE until about 3 weeks ago.

Huerter - 0.5 - ( 51% FG ) . . ( 42% 3FG ) . . . Good all the way around.

Bembry - 0.4 - ( 42% FG ) . . ( 9% 3FG ) . . . yes, 9%, that's not a typo.  It's probably like 1 - 11 from 3, but still.

Carter - 0.4 - ( 33% FG ) . . ( 23% 3FG ) . . . This is a killer. No way around it. Vince is more effective in ISO offense, like Parker

Fernando - 0.4 - ( 41% FG ) . . that's because he doesn't go straight up and ends up shooting a contested shot

Collins - 0.3 - ( 43% FG ) . . ( 60% 3FG ) . . . it was only 5 games, but that 43% overall number isn't encouraging. The 60% 3FG is.

Crabbe - 0.2 - ( 32% FG ) . . ( 25% 3FG ) . . . and he's supposed to be the high percentage shooter on the team.

So once again, the big men he runs pick and roll with are fine, with Fernando needing improvement on catching that ball and going straight up with it.  The shooters outside of Huerter and Hunter are the killer. Let' see if Collins can keep making over 40% of his 3s when Trae passes it to him out there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So once again, the big men he runs pick and roll with are fine, with Fernando needing improvement on catching that ball and going straight up with it.  The shooters outside of Huerter and Hunter are the killer. Let' see if Collins can keep making over 40% of his 3s when Trae passes it to him out there.

I do see what your saying with those stats but feel as the game goes on a larger volume of pick n rolls will go to JC than we have seen to the others so far this year because of his efficiency and the lack of efficiency from just about everyone from the perimeter. Trae and JC were an incredibly high percentage play inside last year especially late. Still understand the big problem from outside though.

• Like 1