• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae got it all offensively but its bad habits. He gotta watch it to not build a habit. Tonight his defense was terrible. Cleveland had no one you could hide Trae and it showed. 

I would really like if he improved his shot selection. His shot selection might be WOAT. Not saying I won't him to stop taking bad shots, just limited them to a degree.

Cam gotta really find balance. He flashed playmaking and a nice pull up jumper but my goodness his finishing was terrible today. His ball handling in traffic must improve too. He just needs to be more crafty and gain strength as well

Very good is very good my friend 

ROY, no doubt.

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Use the ignore function! 🙂

No, Id seriously like to know. Should we trade him ASAP?  DRaft his replacement next year? Let him walk after his rookie deal? Bring in some vet players to help hide some of his weaknesses? Or what? 

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

So what should we do with him?

Not look to build around him.

A team with him as the first or second best player is likely to fail. Just as it has so far. The turnovers, dumb shots, arrogant play and the bad defense.

If he hasn’t improved in these area’s by next year, deal him.

People were hyping up His defense in the the preseason. It was never going to last. 

Do I think he will be traded? No, they will continue (and fail) to try and build around him.

7 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

A team with him as the first or second best player is likely to fail. Just as it has so far. The turnovers, dumb shots, arrogant play and the bad defense.

People were hyping up His defense in the the preseason. It was never going to last. 

Do I think he will be traded? No, they will continue (and fail) to try and build around him.

So you think with another pg THIS SPECIFIC team wouldnt fail? Come on...THis team wasnt built to win many games. Last years team was clearly better..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

So you think with another PG THIS SPECIFIC team wouldnt fail? Come on...THis team wasnt built to win many games. Last years team was clearly better..

If you look past the scoring and assist numbers there is a lot of issues.

Mello used to score 25 PPG also. People fall in love with these type of scorers, but often times they don’t win.

I think any team that features Trae as the best player is going to struggle to win.

Now, I think they’ll win more  games in the second half (just like they did last year) as other teams aren’t going to take them seriously, and there will no longer be any expectations.

33 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

A competent backup might help......................

20 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Mello used to score 25 PPG also. People fall in love with these type of scorers, but often times they don’t win.

I think any team that features Trae as the best player is going to struggle to win.

Now, I think they’ll win more  games in the second half (just like they did last year) as other teams aren’t going to take them seriously, and there will no longer be any expectations.

So is it if Trae is the best player, or 2nd best player? YOu changed it..

Edited by terrell

22 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Other teams wont take us seriously? YOu sound like youre trying to cover your ass. lol. You think you Could you wait until we put some competent veterans around him 1st before shipping him off?

Edited by terrell

12 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Melo also didn't play with anybody that was on his caliber.  When he did, he got to the Western Conference Finals. Melo gets a lot of unfair flack for not making his teammates better.   Go look at some of his teammates, especially in NY.  Who did he have?

You normally need 3 high level players to win in the NBA. 

• Trae is 1, a guy who is a legit All-Star talent, and a top 15 player when he's on . . . his shot selection and turnovers need work
  • Collins is 2, although he's probably the 3rd best player on a high level team . . borderline all-star . . doesn't have a "superstar" game
  • We don't have anyone else on the team even close to a 3rd high level player 

What compounds this, is that neither Trae nor Collins are ( + ) defensive players.  And they're not surrounded by good solid offensive talent that can make the game easier for both of them.

If Trae feels that he has to do like Allen Iverson at this point in his career, he needs to be surrounded by players who can defend first and foremost.

1 minute ago, terrell said:

A competent backup might help......................

Of course there are things that can be done (Schlenk making them happen is unlikely) to stop the team from being the worst team in the league, but the goal is to become a title contender.

It’s going to take a new GM, New coach and changes to to the core to make that happen. 

There are no hints of anyone being held accountable for this dreadful play.

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

Of course there are things that can be done (Schlenk making them happen is unlikely) to stop the team from being the worst team in the league, but the goal is to become a title contender.

It’s going to take a new GM, New coach and changes to to the core to make that happen. 

There are no hints of anyone being held accountable for this dreadful play.

If you hate Trae as a player, who's the "core"? lol