• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

15 minutes ago, terrell said:

So is it if Trae is the best player, or 2nd best player? YOu changed it..

To clarify... Trae shouldn’t be the best or 2nd feature player as a scorer. 

He should focus on being a 15/10 kind of player that is more selective with his shots.

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

+- is dumb. So many variables...

Others were just highlighting it to “prove” how well Cam played. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Plainview1981

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not sure how I should respond to this, so I'll just......

I was meaning it as sarcasm since folks were using +\- to justify Cam.

I normally don’t mention +\-. I wouldn’t have noticed that Cam was +9 if others hadn’t mentioned it.

Edited by Plainview1981

• Premium Member
Just now, Cwell said:

It actually doesn’t. I still sometimes see their posts and it kills me lol

Yeah I added somebody (long overdue) tonight and it was off and on. It needs to be fixed. This season is bad enough without the nonsense spewed on this forum during and after a loss by certain posters. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

If you look past the scoring and assist numbers there is a lot of issues.

Mello used to score 25 PPG also. People fall in love with these type of scorers, but often times they don’t win.

I think any team that features Trae as the best player is going to struggle to win.

Now, I think they’ll win more  games in the second half (just like they did last year) as other teams aren’t going to take them seriously, and there will no longer be any expectations.

Talking out your tail end is why you get dismissed sometimes as a troll around here.

Carmelo could win and has been to WCF with a team centered around him. Don’t fault him for not being able to get past the mid-2000 Lakers.

Scoring the basketball is still the main objective of the sport.

Its this same broken logic that would devalue the John Stocktons, Karl Malones, and Patrick Ewings of the world. It’s very easily debunked when you THINK about it.

You can build a team around Trae. Trae does have areas where he needs to improve. But that narrative you’re trying to push is bogus AF.

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah, that's not a good look.

Honestly it looks like the players might need to hear another voice. LP has pretty much run his course

Trae is only gonna get more fed up and I told all of y'all that he'll eventually blow up

Edited by Bonkers

• Moderators

I dont' even know what to say about this one.  The starters were pretty good.  Trae really lost it at the beginning of the fourth.  I honestly thought coach did the right thing to get him out of the game for a bit.   He was not making smart plays.

But we basically have about 6 guys that i want to see on the floor at this point.  I'm done with Bembry.  I'll admit he rebounds but not much else.

And why doesn't Hunter ever rebound?   per36 he rebounds barely more than Trae.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I dont' even know what to say about this one.  The starters were pretty good.  Trae really lost it at the beginning of the fourth.  I honestly thought coach did the right thing to get him out of the game for a bit.   He was not making smart plays.

But we basically have about 6 guys that i want to see on the floor at this point.  I'm done with Bembry.  I'll admit he rebounds but not much else.

Image result for kobe soft

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Hunter is not a good rebounder. Some guys just aren't good at it.

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

Talking out your tail end is why you get dismissed sometimes as a troll around here.

Carmelo could win and has been to WCF with a team centered around him. Don’t fault him for not being able to get past the mid-2000 Lakers.

Scoring the basketball is still the main objective of the sport.

Its this same broken logic that would devalue the John Stocktons, Karl Malones, and Patrick Ewings of the world. It’s very easily debunked when you THINK about it.

You can build a team around Trae. Trae does have areas where he needs to improve. But that narrative you’re trying to push is bogus AF.

Stockton and Malone pushed one of the greatest teams ever to the brink in the finals.

You can think what you want about Trae, but the results are what they are. So far it isn’t looking good.

Trae needs to take personal responsibility for that I wanna go 1v1 v. Thompson to be the hero instead of setting up the hot hand in Huerter late. Part of being a great PG is feeling what's going. I felt Bembry of all players tonight did that when he kept feeding Hunter.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae needs to take personal responsibility for that I wanna go 1v1 v. Thompson to be the hero instead of setting up the hot hand in Huerter late. Part of being a great PG is feeling what's going. I felt Bembry of all players tonight did that when he kept feeding Hunter.

I don't want to keep reminding posters but bad teams lead to bad habits!  When everyone was asking the question "What's wrong with tanking?"  My response was hero ball from your best player while developing other bad habits like not trying on defense.  Some still don't see it and think that players should be professional and lose with grace.  I hope these guys can turn it around at some point but it ain't looking good long term.

COULDN'T:  That's the explanation for the beginning of the 4th quarter - - again...So tight that they squeaked when they moved.  They opened the 4th quarter, saying, "Here we go again."

Who is at fault?  We do it, over and over.  Can't coach the tightness out of the team.  And, this was the second game that the Hawks missed the 3 that would have tied the game.  And, remember.  Hawks tied one of their recent games, sending it into overtime, then were blown away.

Apparently, Parsons is stirring things up, wanting to play or be traded.  Hawks don't want him injured again to nullify any trade value he may have.  Would his expiring contract, Bremby and some future 2nd round picks get us another center?  How about Evan Turner's expiring  and filler for a back up PG?  That still leaves Allen Crabbe and his expiring contract available for the right deal.

"We three kings of orient are we" is a popular Christmas carol.  Hawks have their own "Three expiring contracts of Atlanta are we."  It's still a ways to the trade deadline.  We wait and wonder what will happen, hoping for the best.

Trying not to score to open the 4th quarter?  No, just need to oil those squeaky joints.

:clapping:

GO ATL HAWKS !!

And, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL SQUAWK MEMBERS !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1