• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

10 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Stockton and Malone pushed one of the greatest teams ever to the brink in the finals.

You can think what you want about Trae, but the results are what they are. So far it isn’t looking good.

Sorry. Just jumping in here. Are you saying Trae is not good and not a winner based on the Hawks current season? Just trying to not read into your “looking good” comment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, enrique said:

Sorry. Just jumping in here. Are you saying Trae is not good and not a winner based on the Hawks current season? Just trying to not read into your “looking good” comment. 

I’m saying that I don’t think Trae can lead a team that will be a legit contender.

While the Hawks terrible record has many causes, I’m just pointing out that he isn’t off to a good start in terms of winning.

Last night was a close game, but he was mostly destructive in that 4th period.

Edited by Plainview1981

32 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I’m saying that I don’t think Trae can lead a team that will be a legit contender.

While the Hawks terrible record has many causes, I’m just pointing out that he isn’t off to a good start in terms of winning.

HOw can you say that when you havent seen him play with legit vets before? Hes been playing with scrubs, and rookies

39 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

There are only 3 or 4 legit contenders every year..lol. Nash' Suns for example were contenders every year . JUst couldnt get over the hump. I dont see why Trae cant do the same as he matures..

Edited by terrell

40 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

HOw can he be off to a good start with this roster? Are you for real? lol. At least wait until we get some legit players around him. smh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrell said:

HOw can you say that when you havent seen him play with legit vets before? Hes been playing with scrubs, and rookies

Because most of his weaknesses are his own doing. Taking shots at near halfcourt out of the blue. Bad effort on defense. Calling games over before they’re actually over.

Maybe he grows out of these things, but maybe not. 

1 hour ago, terrell said:

HOw can he be off to a good start with this roster? Are you for real? lol. At least wait until we get some legit players around him. smh

This team shouldn’t be below GS’s current team.

Should a 50 win season be expected? No... But a 6-24 record while losing by double figures almost.

Oh well. It is what it is.

9 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Should a 50 win season be expected? No... But a 6-24 record while losing by double figures almost.

I agree with the bolded. We should be more competitive. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Because most of his weaknesses are his own doing. Taking shots at near halfcourt out of the blue. Bad effort on defense. Calling games over before they’re actually over.

Its year 2..lol

22 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

GS has a Championship HC. Our coach is still learning like the players. 

On 12/24/2019 at 7:27 PM, Plainview1981 said:

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

There is nothing special about Kerr as a coach.

Says who? You? lol. He has the experience, and the hardware..THere is nothing special about LP  thats for sure.......

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, terrell said:

Says who? You? lol. He has the experience, and the hardware..THere is nothing special about LP  thats for sure.......

If CLP has those warrior teams, he'd have multiple titles right now.

Shiiiii, if I had those Warrior teams I'd have a couple rangs right now.

Eta. I do agree with the premise that we should be better.  But the fact that our record is worse than theirs is more a function of missing Collins.  And, I shld add, I don't like pinning everything on that.  I just do think it's a major factor. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

If CLP has those warrior teams, he'd have multiple titles right now.

Shiiiii, if I had those Warrior teams I'd have a couple rangs right now.

Eta. I do agree with the premise that we should be better.  But the fact that our record is worse than theirs is more a function of missing Collins.  And, I shld add, I don't like pinning everything on that.  I just do think it's a major factor. 

I doubt it. lol. Mark Jackson would have a title if that was the case..Not as easy as people think to coach super star players.I agree about Collins...

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, terrell said:

I doubt it. lol. Mark Jackson would have a title if that was the case..Not as easy as people think to coach super star players.I agree about Collins...

It could be argued Jackson could've won given another year.  Quiet as it's kept, they were building under him.  Not stagnating.

Kerr didn't sprinkle some magic elixir.  I gather that's something that'll bear itself out in the coming years though. 

• Like 1