• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, terrell said:

Says who? You? lol. He has the experience, and the hardware..THere is nothing special about LP  thats for sure.......

Yeah, because he was basically handed an all star starting line up.

The length people will go just to defend this floundering franchise is hilarious.

Edited by Plainview1981

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

It could be argued Jackson could've won given another year.  Quiet as it's kept, they were building under him.  Not stagnating.

Kerr didn't sprinkle some magic elixir.  I gather that's something that'll bear itself out in the coming years though. 

Yes Lacob actually had Mark Jackson instill defense and belief in his players, got them all ready to go...

Then gave the job to choir boy Kerr.

Kerr is a 🐀

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

What was the deal between them?

No deal. I’m just saying I don’t really think it’s fair to have Jackson do everything and set it up for Kerr to come in and win. Having said that they only got 1 ring with that personnel. It wasn’t until KD when they won 2 more.

But the original group was all built up by Mark Jackson and I just think he deserved a couple of more years on that Warrior job. Having said that, it’s a business.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

No deal. I’m just saying I don’t really think it’s fair to have Jackson do everything and set it up for Kerr to come in and win. Having said that they only got 1 ring with that personnel. It wasn’t until KD when they won 2 more.

But the original group was all built up by Mark Jackson and I just think he deserved a couple of more years on that Warrior job. Having said that, it’s a business.

Kinda like Doug Collins did for Phil Jackson in Chicago almost to a tee.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Kinda like Doug Collins did for Phil Jackson in Chicago almost to a tee.

I was gonna mention and liken it to that only in the Bulls case I honestly don’t believe Doug Collins would have pushed them past the Pistons. I just feel like Phil gave them positive thinking power 💥 and pushed them over the hump. I mean at some point the Bulls would have overtaken an aging Pistons squad but it may have take a couple years longer imo. 

I think Phil Jackson in this case was kind of like Mark Jackson in his Zen, power of positive thinking and thinking ur bigger than you actually are pushed them over the hump.

Doug Collins was the Steve Kerr I guess lol...I mean if we have to match up the remaining variables 😆 

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I was gonna mention and liken it to that only in the Bulls case I honestly don’t believe Doug Collins would have pushed them past the Pistons. I just feel like Phil gave them positive thinking power 💥 and pushed them over the hump. I mean at some point the Bulls would have overtaken an aging Pistons squad but it may have take a couple years longer imo. 

I think Phil Jackson in this case was kind of like Mark Jackson in his Zen, power of positive thinking and thinking ur bigger than you actually are pushed them over the hump.

Doug Collins was the Steve Kerr I guess lol...I mean if we have to match up the remaining variables 😆 

Think Phil's biggest trait was how he could intimidate/influence the refs so consistently for years. Found it very irritating myself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes Lacob actually had Mark Jackson instill defense and belief in his players, got them all ready to go...

Kerr is a 🐀

The problem is our stance puts us on the same side of the argument as Hots.  Yikes.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Kerr is a 🐀

5 finals appearances, and 3 rings. I find it amusing how the squawk manages to continually dismiss players, coaches and organizations far more accomplished than our own. 

12 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

The length people will go just to defend this floundering franchise is hilarious.

So was Mark Jackson. So was David Blatt..So was Doug Collins. And so on...lol. Stop acting like coaching doesnt matter. It does..Have you seen some of LP's lineups? Or plays after timeouts? lol. He doesnt have much to work with. But still...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

It could be argued Jackson could've won given another year.  Quiet as it's kept, they were building under him.  Not stagnating.

Kerr didn't sprinkle some magic elixir.  I gather that's something that'll bear itself out in the coming years though. 

It could also be argued that he wouldnt of won given another year. We'll never know either way..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

So was Mark Jackson. So was David Blatt..So was Doug Collins. And so on...lol. Stop acting like coaching doesnt matter. It does..Have you seen some of LP's lineups? Or plays after timeouts? lol. He doesnt have much to work with. But still...

Curry and Klay were not considered generational talents when Kerr took over. He threw out Mark Jackson's stone age offense and unleashed the 3pt shot in a way that had never been seen before. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

How am I defending this "floundering franchise"? By saying our coach is inexperienced? He is. lol. Not to mention we have a tanking roster. (hawks took on all of these ridiculous contracts for a reason)GS was trying to win games this year.(signed DLO,WCS, etc). INjuries derailed them..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Firing Jackson and hiring Kerr was the best decision they ever made. They became a dynasty under Kerr. MJ knew defense, but his offensive ideas were about as up to date as carrier pigeons. Kerr finally unleashed Curry and Klay's shooting. Kerr also had the good sense to utilize Draymond Green, whom Jackson gave no minutes. There is no case for MJ over Kerr, any assertion otherwise is laughable revisionism.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

THey wouldve won 2 before KD if Draymond didnt get suspended..No way the Cavs come back from 3-1 down imo..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Firing Jackson and hiring Kerr was the best decision they ever made. They became a dynasty under Kerr. MJ knew defense, but his offensive ideas were about as up to date as carrier pigeons. Kerr finally unleashed Curry and Klay's shooting. Kerr also had the good sense to utilize Draymond Green, whom Jackson gave no minutes. There is no case for MJ over Kerr, any assertion otherwise is laughable revisionism.

You didn’t read the end of my post. It’s a business. 🤫 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I think this (Draymond) was the Kerr's biggest adjustment along with him opening up the 3 point offense to maximise his player's skillset.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, terrell said:

How am I defending this "floundering franchise"? By saying our coach is inexperienced? He is. lol. Not to mention we have a tanking roster. (hawks took on all of these ridiculous contracts for a reason)GS was trying to win games this year.(signed DLO,WCS, etc). INjuries derailed them..

It’s still a more talented roster than what GS has. “Tanking roster” or not.

You guys think Trae Young is a star player, and that the Hawks young talent is supposed to be so good, but yet they can’t even beat out a team without its three best players. You go to the “they have a better coach” argument to make excuses for this team being the worst team in the league.