• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

It’s still a more talented roster than what GS has. “Tanking roster” or not.

You guys think Trae Young is a star player, and that the Hawks young talent is supposed to be so good, but yet they can’t even beat out a team without its three best players. You go to the “they have a better coach” argument to make excuses for this team being the worst team in the league.

Yes and no.

GS has a lot of young players who are fighting for a chance to be in the NBA. 

To add, they have two all stars in Draymond Green and DeAngelo Russell.

I would say both players would be right there with Trae as our best players. 

Green is still clearly better than Collins if the Houston game is any indication. 

While Russell on offense isn't as good as Trae, his defense is superior.

Parker is clearly better than Paschall

Alec Burks is as good as Huerter 

You can make a case that Glenn Robinson III is as good as DeAndre Hunter at this time. 

Damian Lee and Cam Reddish is on a similar level at this time. 

Crabbe is better than Poole. 

After that, GS is clearly better.

I've seen enough from WCS to know he is massively better than Jones.

Looney is clearly better than Len

Spellman is clearly better than Bruno

Chriss is better than Vince

Evans is better than Turner

It looks bad but GS when they aren't openingly tanking like they did v. Us are a better team. 

They don't have hardly many young or older vets but their vets are their best players. All of the Hawks best players are young players. Only Len and Parker are decent young vets on Atlanta roster and we have no old vets that are good. Crabbe is the only vet better than one of their young players and that player is Poole who is the worst player in the NBA right now. That's not a good thing.

The biggest mistake TS made was simply not bringing in any good vets. He also overestimated the vets he brought in. Even VC for example. 

All of these older vets look washed. All of them. Even though Bazemore has regressed from past season, he would still be our best wing for this season. TS to me did a great job in the draft. We won't truly see the results till 2021-22 on how critical that draft was but TS forgot that he still has to build a team. 

This team plays with no heart on most nights and even though VC has heart, his game has completely diminished. He is a shell of a shell.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yes and no.

Green is still clearly better than Collins if the Houston game is any indication. 

You can make a case that Glenn Robinson III is as good as DeAndre Hunter at this time. 

It looks bad but GS when they aren't openingly tanking like they did v. Us are a better team. 

They don't have hardly many young or older vets but their vets are their best players. All of the Hawks best players are young players. Only Len and Parker are decent young vets on Atlanta roster and we have no old vets that are good. Crabbe is the only vet better than one of their young players and that player is Poole who is the worst player in the NBA right now. That's not a good thing.

Green has been decling for years.

If Trae is only as good as Russell, that’s another sign that he isn’t a true star because Russell surely isn’t one.

You call Reddish the most talented player in this team, but he isn’t even better than castoffs like Glenn Robinson the 3rd and Damien Lee? That’s problematic.... IMO.

if Travis is building a team that isn’t even better than a team built on inexpensive cast offs... It’s not a good look man.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yes and no.

Come on man. There's no way you would've had this kind of opinion 2 weeks ago.  The Warriors more talented than us?

Wow?

And if Draymond is clearly better than Collins, we have a SERIOUS situation on our hands.

15 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Green has been decling for years.

If Trae is only as good as Russell, that’s another sign that he isn’t a true star because Russell surely isn’t one.

You call Reddish the most talented player in this team, but he isn’t even better than castoffs like Glenn Robinson the 3rd and Damien Lee? That’s problematic.... IMO.

if Travis is building a team that isn’t even better than a team built on inexpensive cast offs... It’s not a good look man.

Declining. Excuse me.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Come on man. There's no way you would've had this kind of opinion 2 weeks ago.  The Warriors more talented than us?

Wow?

And if Draymond is clearly better than Collins, we have a SERIOUS situation on our hands.

Draymond knows how to win. 

Russell is still a very good player. 

The issue is the Warriors are actively tanking. They stay sitting out Green and Russell v. Bad teams.

Hots, Cam is still raw. He has improved greatly monthly but he's still raw. 

Robinson III doesn't suck, he just ain't a quality starting wing. While Hunter will be much better than him in time, he isn't right now. He too isn't a quality starting wing. 

It would not be a shock if Cam and Hunter are better than everyone next yr not named Trae Young but this year. They just got a lot to learn and being a rookie NBA wing is extremely HARD! 

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Golden State has the longest winning streak in the NBA!

:stirthepot:

Gramps why do you hate me? 😆 I’m moving along having a wonderful Saturday and BAM 💥..the warriors..only worse news I coulda heard was the Shmelts have the longest winning streak.

• Haha 2