• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So what's it gonna be?

Vol4ever

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Part of getting better is putting veteran leaders around the young players rather than just rolling and losing with youth.  Also, you have to show progress in the wins column, because that’s the ultimate goal.  Or else, you start having young players get frustrated and start trying to play outside the team concept.  

I cannot disagree with that as well. That speeds up development especially for those who need the right players around them like Kevin Huerter for example. 

A+ post. One I completely agree with. Still wins and losses are just not that important but competing, understanding how to win, not developing a losing mindset is critical as well. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

What really bothers me about the rebuild is we got a good player in Trae, but we trashed the rest of the team with low level vets.  We did not get the #1 pick in the last 2 drafts and therefore going with total youth isn't going to get it done.  We have Trae, Huerter, Hunter, Cam and Bruno.  There is one all star in that bunch, the rest are role playing starters at best.  

Collins?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

We have to get our draft picks right, if not we are screwed. 

The More/higher draft picks. The better the chance. We already have one in Trae. Keep stocking up star/superstar potential in the draft.

Edited by GameTime
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Part of getting better is putting veteran leaders around the young players rather than just rolling and losing with youth.  Also, you have to show progress in the wins column, because that’s the ultimate goal.  Or else, you start having young players get frustrated and start trying to play outside the team concept.  

Agreed. But you don't have to mortgage the future to do so. You can have your cake and eat it too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

Agreed. But you don't have to mortgage the future to do so. You can have your cake and eat it too.

We just got cake batter right now. 

Don't get me wrong.  Cake batter is hella good.

Image result for eating cake batter

But it ain't a cake.  I just want to see what the cake looks like.  I don't have to eat it yet.

Image result for chocolate cake

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Last week or so we have had blowup in the locker room, article stating LP not on the hot seat, article saying we have discussed Steve Adam's, getting blown out bad a few times, and JC coming back.  

No doubt having JC back is a huge improvement for the team.   How much of an improvement?  If we decide to go the trade route what does that mean in terms of a rebuild?  Can Schlenk make a good upgrade trade after taking on expiring contracts and failed trades this summer?  

Lot to ponder here.  Your take?  

Prior to the season when we were acquiring all the expiring deals I specifically talked about how the contract of Steven Adams would have to be traded and these deals we were acquiring could be to acquire him and or someone like him.  Mentioned it again a few weeks ago.  We are going to be packaging some of these deals at the deadline to upgrade to longer term deals.  I expect us to acquire as much as 40 million in salary at the deadline in longer deals and sending out as much as 50 million in expiring deals.

• Like 1