• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Karl Anthony Towns availability rumor actually has legs

NBASupes

I'd be willing to part with one of the young wings and draft picks for KAT.  I would not give up JC.  Collins, Young, and KAT fit perfectly together on the offensive end.  Now we'd need KAT to step up some on the defensive end, but offensively, the Hawks would be a Juggernaught with those three.  

I'd hate to part with any of our young wings, but I'm willing to get KAT and I'm not willing to give up Collins.  

EDIT: I guess if the focus is to get Giannis, you'd give up Collins to get KAT.  

Chances are slim that happens, but Trae, Giannis, and KAT with Cam or Kevin and D. Hunter is a great starting five.  Should also have pretty good defense.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd be willing to part with one of the young wings and draft picks for KAT.  I would not give up JC.  Collins, JC, and KAT fit perfectly together on the offensive end.  Now we'd need KAT to step up some on the defensive end, but offensively, the Hawks would be a Juggernaught with those three.  

I'd hate to part with any of our young wings, but I'm willing to get KAT and I'm not willing to give up Collins.  

Chances are slim that happens, but Trae, Giannis, and KAT with Cam or Kevin and D. Hunter is a great starting five.  Should also have pretty good defense.

1. John Collins is the baseline for any KAT trade.

2. Wings are more important 

3. We will have max room in 2021. Aka, year of the Giannis. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd be willing to part with one of the young wings and draft picks for KAT.  I would not give up JC.  Collins, JC, and KAT fit perfectly together on the offensive end.  Now we'd need KAT to step up some on the defensive end, but offensively, the Hawks would be a Juggernaught with those three.  

lol, why??

Non of them have a snowballs chance in hell of becoming half the player KAT is. I mean even if if they "pan out" Deandre Hunter is a role player, Cam will be a poor man's Paul George,  Heurter looks like a decent bench player in the making, currently they are all playing at below or around replacement level... any or all of them should be gladly included if we could net KAT out of it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

lol, why??

Non of them have a snowballs chance in hell of becoming half the player KAT is. I mean even if if they "pan out" Deandre Hunter is a role player, Cam will be a poor man's Paul George,  Heurter looks like a decent bench player in the making, currently they are all playing at below or around replacement level... any or all of them should be gladly included if we could net KAT out of it.  

I was just saying if I had a choice in what to give up in the trade, I'd give up one of the young wings before giving up Collins since he's produced more consistently than any of our wings.

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

lol, why??

That's your personal opinion and all but both actually play defense, have 7'1 plus wingspans and both are still developing. To me, those two aren't even up for discussion. You need them especially if you got KAT, who's a worse defender than Collins and Trae on the court at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I was just saying if I had a choice in what to give up in the trade, I'd give up one of the young wings before giving up Collins since he's produced more consistently than any of our wings.

I mean I agree 100% with the sentiment in general but disagree strongly with the part in bold. I would be jumping up and down for joy clicking my heels in the air if we could get KAT for any package involving our young wings. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

That's your personal opinion and all but both actually play defense, have 7'1 plus wingspans and both are still developing. To me, those two aren't even up for discussion. You need them especially if you got KAT, who's a worse defender than Collins and Trae on the court at the same time. 

This whole conversation is a bit pointless anyway, so many teams will offer better deals than we ever could for KAT. Only realistic scenario would have us dangling Trae Young. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

This whole conversation is a bit pointless anyway, so many teams will offer better deals than we ever could for KAT. Only realistic scenario would have us dangling Trae Young. 

Actually, I believe if you put John Collins in the trade with draft picks, the Hawks probably have one of the most competetive offers outside of Golden State (De'Angelo Russell) or Boston (but I have no idea who Boston would give up Gordan Heyward)?

The Hawks can also take on a bad contract for a year to help Minnesota too.

Edited by marco102

Schlenk need to open his eyes ! If you can get KAT then go get KAT dammit! Price is high for a reason!

just get Trae & KAT on the same team  at all cost while trying to stay as flexible as possible for 2021.

don’t accept back any long term contracts other than KAT. 2 year deals minimum for all other players. 

I hate reading stuff like that from Schlenk cause to me there’s always a way. If you can get trae and towns on the team that’s big step forward. I understand being smart but I wish a hawks gm was a bit more aggressive in times like this. 

14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I think our Top draft picks in the upcoming draft plus John Collins is one of the top deals they may come across honestly !

and I’m not very optimistic when it comes to this franchise lol...so that’s saying a lot.

• Thanks 2

John Collins, Cam Reddish/DeAndre Hunter, and our 1st is probably the best package out there for KAT. Who can really put together a better package ? We could throw in Jabari for good measure. Now I don’t know if the numbers make sense but value wise that’s a solid offer.

Clarification: Cam or DeAndre not both.

Edited by EazyRoc

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

John Collins, Cam Reddish/DeAndre Hunter, and our 1st is probably the best package out there for KAT. Who can really put together a better package ? We could throw in Jabari for good measure. Now I don’t know if the numbers make sense but value wise that’s a solid offer.

Clarification: Cam or DeAndre not both.

I'll trade neither Cam or Hunter. And trade multiple 1sts instead. I see no reason to trade potential two way wings when those guys are hard to find. Especially ones who fit like those two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll trade neither Cam or Hunter. And trade multiple 1sts instead. I see no reason to trade potential two way wings when those guys are hard to find. Especially ones who fit like those two. 

Key word is potential. We don’t know how well either will pan out though. DeAndre hasn’t been as good defensively as I expected although he is doing about what I anticipated offensively. Calling either of them 2 way wings at this point is very generous. Regardless, we are talking about a 23 year old superstar here. We have better odds replacing them with 3D guys than we have at finding another KAT.

Edited by EazyRoc

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

Key word is potential. We don’t know how well either will pan out though. DeAndre hasn’t been as good defensively as I expected although he is doing about what I anticipated defensively. Calling either of them 2 way wings at this point is very generous. Regardless, we are talking about a 23 year old superstar here. We have better odds replacing them with 3D guys than we have at finding another KAT.

Those two have two way potential, not just 3 & D potential. There is little to no chance we can replace either one of them. 

Trade the picks. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Those two have two way potential, not just 3 & D potential. There is little to no chance we can replace either one of them. 

Trade the picks. 

You have a vision in your mind of what they can be and I’m not trying to argue against that. If we do keep both, I hope you are right.

However, there is no telling if either will ever truly live up to the label you’re placing upon them. 

Not only that...It’s the best center in the league we’re talking about here and he’s only 23. He’s very very good in the PnR, very athletic, can pass, and stretch the floor. There isn’t a better fit at the C position in the entire league IMO. 

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

Yep we can offer Minnesota the best package. And we can still potentially pick up Giannis in 2021. Funny how some fans will still call Schlenk a fool even though no other GM has put us in this potential situation. We have cap room, young assets, and draft picks.

He’d have to deliver with the actual trade (not speculation) to redeem himself.

6 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

You have a vision in your mind of what they can be and I’m not trying to argue against that. If we do keep both, I hope you are right.

However, there is no telling if either will ever truly live up to the label you’re placing upon them. 

Not only that...It’s the best center in the league we’re talking about here and he’s only 23. He’s very very good in the PnR, very athletic, can pass, and stretch the floor. There isn’t a better fit at the C position in the entire league IMO. 

He’d have to deliver with the actual trade (not speculation) to redeem himself.

And there is no chance of changing it. Just from what I've heard within the org, I ain't the only one either.