• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Karl Anthony Towns availability rumor actually has legs

NBASupes

54 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll trade neither Cam or Hunter. And trade multiple 1sts instead. I see no reason to trade potential two way wings when those guys are hard to find. Especially ones who fit like those two. 

I would trade off Huerter before Cam & D. Hunter

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which contender has 1.  the type of assets that Minny would want for their rebuild - young assets with potential and high picks? 2. Capspace to absorb Minny's unwanted contracts?

Just like the Lakers with Anthony Davis.  It does and mostly will happen.  So let's take the case Hawks are able to give up young assets and draft picks for KAT.  Then after the season he decides to bolt to that contender?  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which contender has 1.  the type of assets that Minny would want for their rebuild - young assets with potential and high picks? 2. Capspace to absorb Minny's unwanted contracts?

Exactly, KAT will not be traded to a contender unless they gut their team and they won't be a contender anymore (see NY trading for Melo). We have the assets to trade for KAT and can place him next to someone to take the offensive load off of him and let him be dynamic.

7 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Unless KAT demands a trade ... he isn’t going anywhere.

i don’t see him wanting to come here ... even with him and Trae ... if we don’t surround them by extremely solid defenders we will still be lotto bound.  

Well through the grapevine KAT is basically requesting for a trade.

Where he ends up he has no choice since he signed what’s considered a long term NBA deal. 

His contract will make all teams interested...good and bad cause he can’t just get away easily.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, GameTime said:

Yep we can offer Minnesota the best package. And we can still potentially pick up Giannis in 2021. Funny how some fans will still call Schlenk a fool even though no other GM has put us in this potential situation. We have cap room, young assets, and draft picks.

He'll be a fool IF he does nothing with these assets. Yes, he's put us in this position, but as of today, all it's gotten us is a 7-27 record and a lot of miserable basketball. At some point he has to turn all the assets into something tangible.  And maybe he will. I don't know. But I'm certainly skeptical at the moment.  

From Bleacher Report:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869094-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-timberwolves-star-karl-anthony-towns

Timberwolves Receive: PF John Collins, SF Cam Reddish, SG Kevin Huerter, SG Allen Crabbe, 2020 first-round pick (lottery-protected via Brooklyn Nets), 2022 1st-round pick (lottery-protected via Oklahoma City Thunder)

Hawks Receive: C Karl-Anthony Towns

When trying to get a player like Towns, only franchise point guard Trae Young should be off the table for Atlanta.

The Hawks have one of the best young cores and draft-pick compilations in the NBA despite owning the league's worst record at 7-27, and they could become a serious playoff threat in the East next season. Pairing Young and Towns would be a dream scenario, especially if they couldkeep 2019 No. 4 overall pick De'Andre Hunter between them. 

Of course, this would mean gutting the rest of the young core, including Collins (18.3 points, 9.9 rebounds, 2.0 blocks, 36.8 percent from three), Reddish (8.1 points, 3.8 rebounds, 1.0 steals) and Huerter (9.8 points, 3.3 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 34.8 percent from three). All are between 20 and 22 years old and would give Minnesota a terrific young core alongside Andrew Wiggins and Jarrett Culver.

Crabbe carries an expiring $18.5 million salary, and two first-round picks (including one from Brooklyn that should convey near the middle of this summer's draft) would help the Timberwolves add even more young talent.

The Hawks would get to keep all their own picks while maintaining max cap space this summer. Atlanta should already be an attractive destination simply for the chance to play with Young, and adding Towns for recruiting efforts should help seal some deals.

The two young stars could play together as some of the NBA's top players for the next decade.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

He'll be a fool IF he does nothing with these assets. Yes, he's put us in this position, but as of today, all it's gotten us is a 7-27 record and a lot of miserable basketball. At some point he has to turn all the assets into something tangible.  And maybe he will. I don't know. But I'm certainly skeptical at the moment.  

This is a great point. Danny Ainge basically shot himself in the foot for refusing to move all those trade chips and make a deal.

• Like 2

Still want Trae and JC together here as Hawks. A charismatic tandem. Will add Goodwin to the list so we have 48 minutes at point covered which I think he does. Hoping the mission for a vet backup PG is not needed now. KAT has two thirds of the pro game down pat but still would not give up our Trae to JC highlights as part of a package for him. Maybe some other combo since he does has length on his contract.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Still want Trae and JC together here as Hawks. A charismatic tandem. Will add Goodwin to the list so we have 48 minutes at point covered which I think he does. Hoping the mission for a vet backup PG is not needed now. KAT has two thirds of the pro game down pat but still would not give up our Trae to JC highlights as part of a package for him. Maybe some other combo since he does has length on his contract.

Outside of Trae, JC is the only established NBA player on the Hawks roster. I can't imagine Minny giving up a superstar-ish player and not receiving any established NBA players in return. To be completely honest, I'm not sure the BR deal above would be enough for Minny to pull the trigger, even though I think it's more than fair. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Outside of Trae, JC is the only established NBA player on the Hawks roster. I can't imagine Minny giving up a superstar-ish player and not receiving any established NBA players in return. To be completely honest, I'm not sure the BR deal above would be enough for Minny to pull the trigger, even though I think it's more than fair. 

Yup.  Somebody's gonna gut their team like the Knicks did for sMelo.  Then we'll all start to realize Kitty's not a winning player.

Now I gotta log out.  I'm pretty sure saphron just hurled one-a his pennyloafers at me.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I'd rather include our own 2020 1st round pick and even an additional pick and try to keep JC. He will be eligible for a contract extension this offseason, maybe he tells Minny he's not interested (I can dream) so they don't want him.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Outside of Trae, JC is the only established NBA player on the Hawks roster. I can't imagine Minny giving up a superstar-ish player and not receiving any established NBA players in return.

Thats fine with me.