• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic (Happy 2020s!)

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Ball that shoots 36% from 3 point range.  That's league average.

I'd take that all day from Cam.

You got a point there.😆

It’s going to take a hellva miracle for Cam to be good. A person can only do so much. So, I’m not sure how much a shooting coach can help.

Edited by Plainview1981

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Whoever fixed Lonzo Ball's shot, needs to fix Cam's over the summer.

nothing is wrong with Cam's shot mechanics. It's mental with him, it's little things. He still shoots well from the free throw line, something Lonzo still struggles with. Lonzo's number's this year aren't too far off from his first 2 years. He's had 2 good games in a row that raised his percentage, but overall he's the same guy.

Cam will be fine once he works out a few kinks, but his form is fine where it's at.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Cam's core is week.  Let them fix it this Summer and watch him shine.  Goodwin is a godsend.  Red velvet was who we've needed all year.

So Cam just needs to do some sit ups and everything will be alright? I can't drink that cool aid, sorry. I can't ever recall someone looking so challenged offensively. Something is not right.

I remember the words of an old country song:

"I feel better all over more than anywhere else - - And that's exactly how I feel !!"

Wow!  I was beginning to believe this Hawk team would never win another game.  Then, it happened!  With Trae out and the season shot to pieces, our two way PG, up from the G League, takes the floor, takes over the game and, "Hawks win!"  A real PG!   We do have one.  

Huerter gets his donkey chewed for argument with the ref instead of playing defense.  LP woke him up and he comes out on fire.  Great move, LP.  He didn't start the game, but guess who was there to close it out and secure our stop of the 10 game losing streak?  Goodwin!  Our new back up PF for the remainder of the season.  No way is he going back to the G League.

For one game, at least, Goodwin was our best PG.  Trae is our all star candidate and our #1 Hawk.  But, as an over all PG, Goodwin showed out last night.  We never saw Trae play defense like this.  When Trae returns, now we shouldn't have to worry when he needs to come out for a rest.  In fact, he may now get an extra minute or two on the bench without worrying that everything will fall apart.

Our center position is still worrisome but they are learning.  Just a tiny bit better.  Ain't it great, as we head into 2020, Hawks enter the new year and new century with a win!  Now, we've just got something to shoot for in all this new - More wins!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I said last season that Magic team has a clumsy feel to it. They still do.

They always seem to make the wrong trade or draft the wrong guys, duplicating roster spots, etc.

The Oladipo plus #11 pick (Sabonis) for Ibaka was their biggest blunder in their rebuild that started them on this path. They haven't recovered. 

And they've had the #1 pick how many times?  And have basically nothing to show for it.

There's no magic elixir to fixing Cam's offensive problems.  If he's missing practice shots and that translates to the game, that's 100% mental.  We've seen the streakiness.

At the end of the day it comes down to his mindset and confidence - the tools are already there to make an impact but he has to get his mind right.  You miss a shot and you move on from it mentally and be prepared the next time.  The best players in this league are able to move on from a bad shot, a bad game, a bad stretch, etc.  Look at how Trae started as a rookie.  I'm willing to give him a summer to work on things but to me that's the hardest part to fix.  It can be done though.  The work ethic is already there.

• Like 1