• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

oing the math, the salary cap is $116 million next year.  15 man roster...that's 7.73 million per player. When you consider the bottom 8 players on every roster are on rookie, vet min or excemption salaries....The real average for rotation players is about $13 million.  Our vision is skewed because we've underpaid our starters for years. He's a starting 5 on about 6-8 rosters right now.  

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

oing the math, the salary cap is $116 million next year.  15 man roster...that's 7.73 million per player. When you consider the bottom 8 players on every roster are on rookie, vet min or excemption salaries....The real average for rotation players is about $13 million.  Our vision is skewed because we've underpaid our starters for years. He's a starting 5 on about 6-8 rosters right now.  

We have the worst center rotation in the NBA and we don't even start him. Listen to yourself and repeat what you wrote above

Teams got every stat and data point, game tape, and while he has a place in this league, he is not a starter for anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if he made less next year to play for a contender.

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Rut row. Believe you just made a bet with the board's lawyer just now. Am figuring the odds of your avatar's off season survival just dropped a good bit.

Campter didn't make a stupid bet.  Big men get overpaid all the time and he took every bit of risk out of bet by making his guaranteed floor the point at which he gets a guaranteed win.  Conversely, I wouldn't guarantee that Len won't get overpaid because a whiff of excitement around a big man can result in really bad contracts and Len should be at his career peak.  We've seen what Miles Plumlee and others earned at their peak.  

I just don't think Len is likely to be that exciting.  But this is one I could definitely lose.

55 minutes ago, thecampster said:

He just made a deal with a cyber security pro.

Speaking of which, earned my CISSP a few months ago...now considering CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)

Congrats on your CISSP!  One of the few I believe in to be an ethical hacker.  Wouldn't do anything to let mama down.  :yes:

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Campter didn't make a stupid bet.  Big men get overpaid all the time and he took every bit of risk out of bet by making his guaranteed floor the point at which he gets a guaranteed win.  Conversely, I wouldn't guarantee that Len won't get overpaid because a whiff of excitement around a big man can result in really bad contracts and Len should be at his career peak.  We've seen what Miles Plumlee and others earned at their peak.  

I just don't think Len is likely to be that exciting.  But this is one I could definitely lose.

Congrats on your CISSP!  One of the few I believe in to be an ethical hacker.  Wouldn't do anything to let mama down.  :yes:

The test is very difficult by the way...inch deep but a mile wide and unlike other certs, highly secretive so you have to know it...there is no memorizing answers to pass. Every question engages in obfuscation.  Goes something like this.

Alex Len is a Network Analyst for a large legal firm. Yesterday he ate a bologna sandwich for lunch and engages in small talk with the receptionist after hours. Because of his role, he can sometimes be seen engaging in wrestling matches with large men in downtown Atlanta.....Knowing this what brand of underwear does he wear on a date.

Yes, they are that weird sometimes.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

28 million.

30 million per year moving forward. 

Not

Interested

Alex Len provides rim protection and occasionally scores for 6 million per year which is a small chunk of the salary cap

Thanks for posting this, it shows how unworthy he is for this salary and demands.

Dwight Howard rebounds and scores for 2.3 million per year but your ass wants to spend 30 million for rim protection and just a decent WAR center. Not even an very good or elite one either. E-Z pass.

Let me ask you this.  Why, as a fan, are you so concerned about how much these guys are getting paid?

The Hawks, at this point in time, are not only nowhere near the Luxury Tax, they're also under the cap.  And we're obviously are not trying to stack the team with a bunch of vets that can contribute.  Parsons, Crabbe, and Turner alone currently represent a whopping 60 MILLION of our payroll.

But you're worried about a productive center that makes 28 - 30 m?  This is the NBA.  And sometimes, guys get overpaid.

In my mind, all we should be focused on right now is to flip one of these dead HUGE contracts, for a guy who could possibly stabilize the interior from a rebound, defensive, and offensive standpoint. for the next 1.5 years.  Then when 2021 comes around, we can then make a decision as to either keep him long term, or let him go.

I'd rather have a dude that is grossly overpaid, that could give us some type of production, than an inactive guy who is grossly overpaid.

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Let me ask you this.  Why, as a fan, are you so concerned about how much these guys are getting paid?

The Hawks, at this point in time, are not only nowhere near the Luxury Tax, they're also under the cap.  And we're obviously are not trying to stack the team with a bunch of vets that can contribute.  Parsons, Crabbe, and Turner alone currently represent a whopping 60 MILLION of our payroll.

But you're worried about a productive center that makes 28 - 30 m?  This is the NBA.  And sometimes, guys get overpaid.

In my mind, all we should be focused on right now is to flip one of these dead HUGE contracts, for a guy who could possibly stabilize the interior from a rebound, defensive, and offensive standpoint. for the next 1.5 years.  Then when 2021 comes around, we can then make a decision as to either keep him long term, or let him go.

I'd rather have a dude that is grossly overpaid, that could give us some type of production, than an inactive guy who is grossly overpaid.

My goals are to win and contend for championships. Which is why I care what someone makes in a salary cap driven league where the salary cap matters like a mfer. 

Stop comparing Drummond to those guys. We got two 1sts for Crabbe. Turner was just doing an ole to a Hawk who was a model citizen and they wanted the good press with agents within the NBA (Bazemore). Parsons was just so we had one more roster spot available to resign Vince. 

Drummond would be a shit investment! He doesn't even make others better. Only a dumbass would pay him.

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My goals are to win and contend for championships. Which is why I care what someone makes in a salary cap driven league where the salary cap matters like a mfer. 

Stop comparing Drummond to those guys. We got two 1sts for Crabbe. Turner was just doing an ole to a Hawk who was a model citizen and they wanted the good press with agents within the NBA (Bazemore). Parsons was just so we had one more roster spot available to resign Vince. 

Drummond would be a shit investment! He doesn't even make others better. Only a dumbass would pay him.

Well there are a lot of dumbasses in the NBA then, because he's going to get paid in 2021.   

• Big Center. 
  • Productive. 
  • Has defensive value.
  • Only 26 years old.
  • Has dominated every rebounding metric for the past 5 years.
  • Would eliminate the need for Collins to play center.
  • Would give Trae a very big target to run pick and roll, or find in the middle.
  • And just about every advanced stat loves his contribution to the game.

But go ahead and keep thinking some mid-late 1st round pick has more value than a big man who will be in this game for another 8 - 10 years.

• Like 1

Realgm article states Blake Griffin is pondering having season ending knee surgery..  If Blake is shut down will that have an affect on the Pistons trading Drummond at or before the deadline?