• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I heard things about Tony that I prefer not to share. Not bad things at all but just between me and my guy. From what he said, the Hawks have a process and they have full trust in TS to carry it out. But like so many on here, the Luka/Trae bullshit is real even with Tony. He sees Luka and wants to give Trae the tools but TS has a process. 

The plan from what I gotten a month ago was Trae was going to graduate in 2020 but he graduated a lot earlier than expected.

Kevin - 2019-20

John already graduated. 

Hunter - 2020-21 

Cam - 2021-2022, the plan was he would be our best player by this time frame. 

Bruno - 2022-2023

No one within the org thought Trae would be this good, this early outside of Trae but it's a testament to his mind, work ethic, and pure ambition. It's f***ed things up because we got a fanbase that instead of being happy about possibly getting another top 5-10 pick, we are looking to win every game. Even if Trae overachieved as I expected in year 2, the Hawks didn't see Collins being suspended or Kevin being hurt most of 2019. We just had a tough break. Look at our vets, it was clear TS wanted this year to be another chance at lottery success and a part of the process. 

This season has been worse than expected but the expectations couldn't be any worse from the fans. We got a lot of guys who are becoming Trae first fans and that's bothersome. This is a f***ing process. Be patience. Even if we were winning, this is a process. These guys gotta grow. 

The part about hearing something about Resseler that you prefer not to share is kinda intriguing! I want to know what that is but out of respect I will not ask lol (not that you would have told me just sayin)

moving on, the part in bold.....I KNEW IT!....I KNEW IT!....I KNEW IT!....I knew trae grew up way way faster than they thought he would and that is why Schlenk made the comment he made not too long ago saying he made some mistakes in the off season. While I don’t believe Schlenk would have tried to build a contender last off season he clearly would have made better signings of vets who can actually help on the court.

and last I’m not surprised ressler gets mad about luka success in Dallas after all they are linked together and I understand the process got f*cked due to Traes incredible growth that no one saw happening but in my opinion Schlenk has to be able to adjust !

im not saying we have to go get Drummond but it’s not going to be a good thing for trae to go another whole season top 5 in pts and assist while we are sitting at the bottom waiting for the others in this young core to grow up.

i get the process but you have to be able to be flexible within the process at the same time. Let’s say we do nothing and get our top 5 pick plus the Brooklyn pick....ok! Fine! But I expect a team good enough around trae to make a run at the 8th seed next season! That would be 4 recent lottery picks and two very good players at pick 19 in Collins and huerter. No more worrying about lottery picks after this season or there will be no doubt cancer from trae in the locker room next season .

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

The part about hearing something about Resseler that you prefer not to share is kinda intriguing! I want to know what that is but out of respect I will not ask lol (not that you would have told me just sayin)

moving on, the part in bold.....I KNEW IT!....I KNEW IT!....I KNEW IT!....I knew trae grew up way way faster than they thought he would and that is why Schlenk made the comment he made not too long ago saying he made some mistakes in the off season. While I don’t believe Schlenk would have tried to build a contender last off season he clearly would have made better signings of vets who can actually help on the court.

and last I’m not surprised ressler gets mad about luka success in Dallas after all they are linked together and I understand the process got f*cked due to Traes incredible growth that no one saw happening but in my opinion Schlenk has to be able to adjust !

im not saying we have to go get Drummond but it’s not going to be a good thing for trae to go another whole season top 5 in pts and assist while we are sitting at the bottom waiting for the others in this young core to grow up.

i get the process but you have to be able to be flexible within the process at the same time. Let’s say we do nothing and get our top 5 pick plus the Brooklyn pick....ok! Fine! But I expect a team good enough around trae to make a run at the 8th seed next season! That would be 4 recent lottery picks and two very good players at pick 19 in Collins and huerter. No more worrying about lottery picks after this season or there will be no doubt cancer from trae in the locker room next season .

The process is still in play but if the Hawks feel they can improve and the price is right and inline with their goals, they will make a move. That could be for Drummond, it could be for anyone who fits that vision. 

The issue is, it takes two to tango. That's always been what holds back trades from happening. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

But, this is the great thing about a star.  They make the organization uncomfortable.  Not our quiet guys like we've had before.  Trae will make them improve or jet.  He will embarrass everyone into doing their jobs better.  I wish the Falcons had a guy like this.  A vocal star that backs it up.

I agree, it does. Because, Trae is literally 1st of all guards in votes. People nationally like Trae Young. Not just in Atlanta. We haven't had that player in Atlanta since Nique. 

The plan as it was put to me, we need one more player with high end potential to join our core and another young player who we can develop to join our core. It was always told to me that we wanted at least two picks in this draft. I mean, we are still talking to teams about taking on salary for 2020. I still don't believe we are going all in for 2020-2021 yet. I know they want at least one max slot open. I haven't heard nothing about John and an extension. I am sure Atlanta will address it with his agent in the summer.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

in my opinion Schlenk has to be able to adjust !

i get the process but you have to be able to be flexible within the process at the same time.

I cannot agree with this enough. I don't want to see what happens to Trae / with Trae if they go another year without any substantial improvement. That's why - TO ME - adding two more 1st round picks this year doesn't make much sense. Then we'll hear those players plus Cam, Hunter, and Bruno all still need to develop next year. Nonsense. The leader is already waiting but he's not going to wait forever so it's up to TS to put some legit players around him. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, REHawksFan said:

I cannot agree with this enough. I don't want to see what happens to Trae / with Trae if they go another year without any substantial improvement. That's why - TO ME - adding two more 1st round picks this year doesn't make much sense. Then we'll hear those players plus Cam, Hunter, and Bruno all still need to develop next year. Nonsense. The leader is already waiting but he's not going to wait forever so it's up to TS to put some legit players around him. 

Except Cam and Hunter next year won't be Cam and Hunter from this year.  These guys are struggling but at the same time they are providing legit nba rotation minutes just a couple months into their nba careers.  There's no guarantee they'll be really good next year but it's very likely they will be significantly better than they are right now.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

No, no, no, jtb.  You're doing it wrong.

Out of respeck for @NBASupes, we can't ask about the Ressler stuff so we're supposed to call him out to the point where he spontaneously shares it anyway.

"Aw man, you don't know nothin', Supes!"

See, that's how it works.  Sheesh, is this your first time on the internets?

😎

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Except Cam and Hunter next year won't be Cam and Hunter from this year.  These guys are struggling but at the same time they are providing legit nba rotation minutes just a couple months into their nba careers.  There's no guarantee they'll be really good next year but it's very likely they will be significantly better than they are right now.

Get that. Was just going off of Supes timeline from the organization. 

As a fan, I'm tired of seeing the team suck and when I see glimpses like last night, I REALLY want TS to make a few moves to help out. Not to mortgage the future. Not to abandon the process entirely. Just fix the F-up from this past summer. Is that too much to ask? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He'll have no choice though.  Vince, Crabbe, Turner, Parsons and probably Bembry, Parker and Jones will be gone.  It's hard to imagine that some of the replacements won't be a significant upgrade.

Just from what people think around the league, they do think the Hawks will be major players in free agency. That's the expectation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Please don't overpay, Schlank

Please don't overpay, Schlink

Please don't overpay, Schlenk

Please don't overpay, Schliink

I am guessing the 76ers are holding out, trying to get a 1st. Hawks are holding out, offering a 2nd. Maybe the hold up is some sort of conditions applied for Drummond opting in or being signed outright in 2020.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am guessing the 76ers are holding out, trying to get a 1st. Hawks are holding out, offering a 2nd. Maybe the hold up is some sort of conditions applied for Drummond opting in or being signed outright in 2020.

:blink:....:er:..:grin:

• Haha 1