• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Did Mike Malone and Brad Stevens get out coached?

In those game, yes!!

But both of them are still much better than LP.  Those coaches are not consistently out coached every game

Kudos to Coach Brooks for getting the most out of what's left of his team

Edited by Bonkers

Just now, Bonkers said:

Is this u lol

No, I actually understand why he put Trae in. He's your star and that's what you do. The issue is, it was the wrong decision. Trae couldn't force the defense to counter their attack like he usually does. This looked like 1st half rookie Trae

• Like 1

This was a bad loss.  

Trae's worst game of the year.  He doesn't seem to play well in Washington.  This was the game he should have been passing a ton more to set up his shooting, but even his passing was off this game. 

Kevin had a decent game.  Good offensively, not so good defensively. 

John, this was a mediocre game by his standards.  I don't think he's fully healthy yet. 

Hunter - Solid game from him.  Much better than what we've seen lately.  I'm glad the coach is cutting down on his minutes because I think he's hitting the rookie wall.

Cam - By far his best game in a long time.  He was a beast defensively and offense was good.  There's a ton of talent there if he puts it all together. I still think he has the potential to be the Hawks best player when considering offense and defense.

Goodwin - He's a good win for the Hawks scouting department excellent back up minutes!

This is disappointing loss so hopefully they bring the energy against the Nets. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No, I actually understand why he put Trae in. He's your star and that's what you do. The issue is, it was the wrong decision. Trae couldn't force the defense to counter their attack like he usually does. This looked like 1st half rookie Trae

Damn I think Trae was real off tonight but 1st half rookie bad

My goodness

Edited by Bonkers
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

TRae Young defense is a MAJOR problem. Im sorry. He has to be better on that end.IF he doesnt bench his ass for BG..Trae and Huerter duo isnt going to work Travis.

It's one thing if one of them is a bad defender

But both of them are terrible on D smh

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

All superstars have bad games every once in a while.  Tonight was the night the team had to win despite Trae's troubles, and they couldn't get it done.  Trae's defense at the end didn't help either though.

If anything, keep Goodwin on the roster to teach Trae how to fight through screens.

Goodwin is really proving to me that Trae's horrible defense is not about his lack of size or that he's physically incapable of being a decent defender (like Steve Nash was). It's that he really doesn't give a damn and gives no effort. Which is unacceptable

Edited by Bonkers

• Moderators

HAWKS WIN!

okay, really the Nets' losing streak is OVAH! Annnnd, we don't have to be the ones to try to end it. So, at the very least, *I* am feeling like quite the winner right now.

Enjoy y'all's weekend!

Let's (Do whatever) Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Goodwin is really proving to me that Trae's horrible defense is not about his lack of size or that he's physically incapable of being a decent defender (like Steve Nash was). It's that he really doesn't give a damn and gives no effort. Which is unacceptable

Goodwin is way more athletic and longer than TRae to be fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

True....but most of the time Trae doesn't even WANT to get into a defensive stance. That says to me "I don't feel like playing defense"

Well we wont ever win with him if doesnt grow in that dept..Better start looking at bigger pg's in the draft. Trade Trae for 2 1sts? lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Well we wont ever win with him if doesnt grow in that dept..Better start looking at bigger pg's in the draft. Trade Trae for 2 1sts? lol

I didn't say all that now lol

But forreal tho Trae's defense is so bad it affects the OVERALL team defense. Other players keep having to pick up cheap fouls becuz of Trae (and Huerter)

I know that is gonna start pissing certain players off. It's up to Coach Peanut to bench Trae if he decides he doesn't wanna play a lick of defense 

I mean the Hawks are gonna lose whether he's on or off the court so LP might as well teach him a lesson