• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

I've been given good info. Ask me anything about the trade deadline. I can't say I know about most players around the league status and what not. What I can say is I know about all of the guys on the market, our guys and their rank, where we want to go as an organization, what we are looking for, and what not. I cannot talk about anyone we offered in terms of the offer and who. Please don't ask me who we offered. I can't answer. This is expected to be a slow deadline. The teams who are expected to be highly active this deadline are the Magic, Hawks, Knicks, Lakers, Sixers, Thunder, Pistons, Wizards, and Portland. A lot of teams are looking like CHA or TOR. Some teams are waiting till the offseason like BOS. Just not a lot of sellers this year and their asking price have been too high on avg. Teams expect to the prices to come down closer to the deadline. 

I was talking to a friend in the industry and I jokingly said to him, two 2nds is the new 1st with protections that turn into two 2nds. The value of the late 1st has went up and now getting a 1st from any team is EXTREMELY hard. I was told it will be extremely hard to get a 1st in this deadline. At least a real one. The player with the most trade value on the market is Luke Kennard. His rate is a late 1st and there is serious talk that DET might get it for him. DET is NOT rebuilding, they are retooling. They want players who fit their two way or 3/D potential profile like Toronto is doing. AKA players like Tony Snell. They really want one of the top PG's in this year's draft to pair with Rose like Griffin is paired with Sekou. They want to be deep and building the formula that worked for Toronto. 

Ask away. 

• Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

What are you hearing about jabari Parker's future with us? 

He has the biggest trade value on the team after Len of the available players. 

There core aren't available: Cam, Trae, John, Hunt, and Kev. 

The 2019 1sts aren't available as well as future Atlanta based 1sts. . 

Bruno is considered special and only available for a significant asset only. 

OKC 2022 1st is considered special and only available for a significant asset only.  

Atlanta is considering Parker, Len, and Bembry as key young players they want to keep and can help a team's rotation. 

His trade value is a quality 2nd. Teams are interested in Parker. 

I won't say he won't be here around ASB but of the three, he is the one where a trade could be possible. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah, I've run out of moonshiners to watch so I'll bite.

Bogdanovic's fate in SAC?

Most surprising player on the block.

"Contending" team who could blow it up?  Okc?

Not available. Divac wants a bidding war in FA and take his chances there. 

Luke Kennard

Just OKC who are in year one of their rebuild. Obviously the opposite is happening. A lot of teams think they still have a chance but those who are close aren't exactly buyers or sellers. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Any info on College players the team has an interest in?,  similar to Cam last season? 

Not yet. I did get info on how some of them feel about the draft. Deep. You can find talent in both rounds. They think the mid lottery is the strength of the draft. 1-5 has the players with the potential but need a lot of development. 

Since they moved to a new level and are buyers now, my guess is while they don't want to make the playoffs, they want to win as many games as possible in the 2nd half of the season. My guess is they want to be in the 8-13 range.

Guys like: 

Okongwu

Okoro

Oscar Tshiebwe

Obi Toppin

Jaden McDaniels

Nico Mannion PG

Deni Avdija SF

Daniel Oturu C

Cole Anthony PG

Vernon Carey PF/C

Tyrese Haliburton PG

Theo Maledon PG

Killian Hayes PG

It seems like a lot of people don't want nothing to do with Ball/Edwards/Wiseman. The way he put it, those three need a lot of development. A lot of people don't trust their floor or have time for it but their ceiling is promising. I think the Hawks like many want to avoid it. There are teams who want those picks. Detroit is #1. Cleveland, Washington, and Charlotte. The teams at the bottom right now, are trying to be buyers: Golden State, Atlanta, and New York. IDK what Chicago is doing. No one does. I asked and he said, they are evaluating the season and looking at potential moves in the off-season. They remind me so much of the Hawks with Iso Joe but without an Iso Joe level player. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not yet. I did get info on how some of them feel about the draft. Deep. You can find talent in both rounds. They think the mid lottery is the strength of the draft. 1-5 has the players with the potential but need a lot of development. 

Since they moved to a new level and are buyers now, my guess is while they don't want to make the playoffs, they want to win as many games as possible in the 2nd half of the season. My guess is they want to be in the 8-13 range.

Guys like: 

Okongwu

Okoro

Oscar Tshiebwe

Obi Toppin

Jaden McDaniels

Nico Mannion PG

Deni Avdija SF

Daniel Oturu C

Cole Anthony PG

Vernon Carey PF/C

Tyrese Haliburton PG

Theo Maledon PG

Killian Hayes PG

It seems like a lot of people don't want nothing to do with Ball/Edwards/Wiseman. The way he put it, those three need a lot of development. A lot of people don't trust their floor or have time for it but their ceiling is promising. I think the Hawks like many want to avoid it. There are teams who want those picks. Detroit is #1. Cleveland, Washington, and Charlotte. The teams at the bottom right now, are trying to be buyers: Golden State, Atlanta, and New York. IDK what Chicago is doing. No one does. I asked and he said, they are evaluating the season and looking at potential moves in the off-season. They remind me so much of the Hawks with Iso Joe but without an Iso Joe level player. 

Darn those three were the main guys people wanted on this Board.  I guess Lloyd is tired of dealing with projects.  I don't see the Hawks winning enough games to fall all the way to the 8 range.  I guess if the Hawks got a top 3 pick they would look to trade down in the draft, unless Ressler wants someone like Edwards on the team.

Edited by Blunt91

4 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Darn those three were the main guys people wanted on this Board.  I guess Lloyd is tired of dealing with projects.  I don't see the Hawks winning enough games to fall all the way to the 8 range.  I guess if the Hawks got a top 3 pick they would look to trade down in the draft, unless Ressler wants someone like Edwards on the team.

I didn't say the Hawks didn't want them. I just said, that teams at the bottom this year aren't as patience as usual. All three are buyers. ATL/GS/NY

Hawks will take BPA as far as the information I got. It's never changed. It's always about BPA in terms of the draft. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He has the biggest trade value on the team after Len of the available players. 

There core aren't available: Cam, Trae, John, Hunt, and Kev. 

The 2019 1sts aren't available as well as future Atlanta based 1sts. . 

Bruno is considered special and only available for a significant asset only. 

OKC 2022 1st is considered special and only available for a significant asset only.  

Atlanta is considering Parker, Len, and Bembry as key young players they want to keep and can help a team's rotation. 

How do they define "significant asset"? 

What "significant assets" are available around the league?

If we are to believe reports, they wouldn't offer a 1st for Drummond so is he not a significant asset?

Finally, sounds like the only players actually available from the Hawks are the expiring deals that nobody wants. IOW, don't expect a deal to be made at the deadline.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

How do they define "significant asset"? 

What "significant assets" are available around the league?

If we are to believe reports, they wouldn't offer a 1st for Drummond so is he not a significant asset?

Finally, sounds like the only players actually available from the Hawks are the expiring deals that nobody wants. IOW, don't expect a deal to be made at the deadline.   

A significant asset for one of those two options would qualify as someone like Andre Drummond. 

The first DET wants is a real one like the Brooklyn one. 

Not at all. The players they want, a lot of teams want outside of the centers

Edited by NBASupes

37 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Do the Hawks value "bigs" over "wings"?   

Not sure I can answer this question. 

They value their core and other young players, the style of play they want to have, shooting, high pace, and team Basketball overall long term.

I can tell you what they want from their centers is to be defensive anchors with high BBIQ, can execute and make the game easier for the others around them. They want their forwards to be shooters, play team defense, play off the ball on both ends and be switchable. 

They want their wings to be two way. To shoot threes at a high percentage, defend, be switchable and can play multiple positions and to all be able to PDS at a high level long term. 

They got Trae so I don't know what they want outside of that. They love Trae.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

He has not made a project work yet. Right now he is riding on Trae's coattails. I just don't like LP's ability to develop players. It has not been shining through. 1st with Spellman and now with Bruno.

LP still has half a season left to work with Bruno. So I am hoping he starts getting at least 20 plus minutes a night every night once he gets back. Its just ridiculous to be this bad and giving vets major minutes over Bruno. What is LP thinking? That Len, Jones, and Carter are going to push us over the top for a 8th seed.

Come on man!

I think LP is trying to save face; but I imagine Ressler and Schlenk are not all that thrilled with how Bruno is riding the pine and not being developed.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Atlanta wants to keep these guys?  or they feel like they have good trade value?  

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Atlanta wants to keep these guys?  or they feel like they have good trade value?  

Keep means keep is what I am reading. I don't have a problem with Crabbe, Parker, and Len provided they are reasonable enough. Bembry being gone would be ok in my book.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Keep means keep is what I am reading. I don't have a problem with Crabbe, Parker, and Len provided they are reasonable enough. Bembry being gone would be ok in my book.

I feel pretty much the same but if all the young guys are off the table and we want to keep crabbe parker len and bembry then we're pretty much offering dead contracts and 2nd rounders?  definitely looks like a slow trade deadline.

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I feel pretty much the same but if all the young guys are off the table and we want to keep crabbe parker len and bembry then we're pretty much offering dead contracts and 2nd rounders?  definitely looks like a slow trade deadline.

We shall see. I think the Pistons, Kings, Spurs, and Pelicans among others have major decisions coming up. Last season no one saw the flurry of activity coming with the Tobias Harris trade.