• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Criticism without an alternative is empty.  It's real easy to object to every suggestion when you don't have to provide an alternative. But your criticism holds little merit without said alternative 

Since we are not a free agent Mecca, we have to make worthwhile trades.  Doing nothing is more reasonable than perpetuating the current "get as many bad contracts as we can" philosophy, so we can perpetuate the current situation.

3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Since we are not a free agent Mecca, we have to make worthwhile trades.  Doing nothing is more reasonable than perpetuating the current "get as many bad contracts as we can" philosophy, so we can perpetuate the current situation.

Preaching to the choir on that one. I want to make good trades and build the roster through trades because there aren't any elite FA this summer worth spending big money on. My point is you dogging the Adams or Drummond trades means little if you aren't willing to put forth other viable options. 

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If I were running the Hawks, I would start offering up the first round picks in 2020 and see what I could get.  Adding two more young players isn’t going to help this team in 2021.

Schlenk is more focused on stroking his ego and proving his “brilliance” than putting a good team together. Our own 1st would only be used to pick a player who would likely be stuck behind other developmental prospects. There are no great centers in the lottery (so far). Just about bunch of guys with high-level roleplayer potential..no All Stars.

Edited by EazyRoc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Preaching to the choir on that one. I want to make good trades and build the roster through trades because there aren't any elite FA this summer worth spending big money on. My point is you dogging the Adams or Drummond trades means little if you aren't willing to put forth other viable options. 

I don't have specifics in mind, and I'm not really inclined to try a bunch of Trade Checker trades at the moment, but KB21's idea might be a good one.  See what we can get for some of those draft picks.  If nothing bowls us over, then don't make a trade just to make a trade.  We really need to have a good idea of what we are looking for.  I don't really get the impression  we know what Schlenk has in mind, or that he even knows.  If we are truly trying to win a championship, we have to do better than assemble "a good team."   As someone said earlier, there is an element of luck involved.  I don't really think LAC can win a championship.  They are a good team, but probably not good enough.  Likewise with Houston, Denver, or Utah.  Maybe the Lakers can do it.  I have to question whether Philadelphia, Boston or Miami can do it.  Milwaukee?  Maybe.  My point in this is that I am not sure that Reddish, Hunter, Heurter or even Collins or Trae can get up to that level.  

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Watchman said:

You don't have to be a free agent to sign B and C tier guys. Just a good organization with money

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I don’t want more players we have to develop either ... I would make our picks available if we can get some guys that are going to impact and compliment our current guys

Unfortunately, I think Travis believes he can build the Hawks the same way the Warriors were built.  

I'm thinking maybe we should wait for Montrezl Harrell and go hard after him.  I like Adams if we're just giving up a poor first rounder, a pick which is not very valuable to us because of how young we already are.  But Harrell gives you an interesting second option on offense.  I've been looking at his game, and he is running nearly 10% of his possessions as isolations, and he is scoring quite efficiently on those.  We desperately need another option that can reliably get his own offense in the frontcourt.  Plus he is a powerhouse in the pick and roll game.  I think he would be an interesting small ball 5 next to Collins.  Still need an enforcer style backup C for certain matchups, just maybe not a break the bank guy.  

Are we making plans to bust down Harrell's door this summer?

37 minutes ago, txsting said:

I'm thinking maybe we should wait for Montrezl Harrell and go hard after him.  I like Adams if we're just giving up a poor first rounder, a pick which is not very valuable to us because of how young we already are.  But Harrell gives you an interesting second option on offense.  I've been looking at his game, and he is running nearly 10% of his possessions as isolations, and he is scoring quite efficiently on those.  We desperately need another option that can reliably get his own offense in the frontcourt.  Plus he is a powerhouse in the pick and roll game.  I think he would be an interesting small ball 5 next to Collins.  Still need an enforcer style backup C for certain matchups, just maybe not a break the bank guy.  

Are we making plans to bust down Harrell's door this summer?

I don’t think Travis has visions on building a team that is based around small ball.  He wants a center that has true center size. Think about the veteran addition to the Warriors that probably helped get that young team over the hump of being competitive back in 2012.  They traded for Andrew Bogut.  Well they traded for him in season of the previous year and waited for him to get healthy.  He really solidified their interior defense though, and that is what helped spur them towards being a competitive team.  That and the addition of Andre Iguodala.  

Just my two cents. I'd really love to trade for Adams over Drummond.  

We can test drive Adams for this half this season and next season and see how he works out.  If he doesn't, no commitment after next season.  I'd be willing to do the same with Drummond if he opted into his player option.  

I'd be stoked if we somehow got Adams and Bertans.  In that case, I'm assuming Parker is traded back to Washington? 

Just remember, we will have to slightly overpay someone next season just because the Hawks will need to spend 90% of the cap.  I don't want to overpay someone who will be on the books for the 2021 free agency.

Edited by marco102

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Just my two cents. I'd really love to trade for Adams over Drummond.  

We can test drive Adams for this half this season and next season and see how he works out.  If he doesn't, no commitment after next season.  I'd be willing to do the same with Drummond if he opted into his player option.  

I'd be stoked if we somehow got Adams and Bertans.  In that case, I'm assuming Parker is traded back to Washington? 

Just remember, we will have to slightly overpay someone next season just because the Hawks will need to spend 90% of the cap.  I don't want to overpay someone who will be on the books for the 2021 free agency.

We are definitely going to overpay. 

Harrell value - 13 million per. Secret Team aka us - 20+ mil per

Bertrans values - Full MLE - Secret Team - 14+ per

That's a major overpay. Nothing but overpays but when you are only paying your core pennies due to the rookie contracts, you can do whatever you want. 

• Like 4

I like Noel over Adams, he is outplaying him this season and should be a cheaper option. In my opinion he is a better player than Adams and also a better fit.

I think Drummond would be the best additionbbut if we cannot get him, Noel is the best option, elite defense, good rebounding, decent offense.

Ibaka would also be a terrific addition, best fit out there

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Watchman said:

I don't have specifics in mind, and I'm not really inclined to try a bunch of Trade Checker trades at the moment, but KB21's idea might be a good one.  See what we can get for some of those draft picks.  If nothing bowls us over, then don't make a trade just to make a trade.  We really need to have a good idea of what we are looking for.  I don't really get the impression  we know what Schlenk has in mind, or that he even knows.  If we are truly trying to win a championship, we have to do better than assemble "a good team."   As someone said earlier, there is an element of luck involved.  I don't really think LAC can win a championship.  They are a good team, but probably not good enough.  Likewise with Houston, Denver, or Utah.  Maybe the Lakers can do it.  I have to question whether Philadelphia, Boston or Miami can do it.  Milwaukee?  Maybe.  My point in this is that I am not sure that Reddish, Hunter, Heurter or even Collins or Trae can get up to that level.  

lol well that’s just apart of the “building a contender”......you got to wait it out . Ain’t no guaranteed moves to place you in contender status unless you somehow get a big 3 assembled and that’s probably not a realistic option for the hawks to do such a thing.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I like Noel over Adams, he is outplaying him this season and should be a cheaper option. In my opinion he is a better player than Adams and also a better fit.

I think Drummond would be the best additionbbut if we cannot get him, Noel is the best option, elite defense, good rebounding, decent offense.

Ibaka would also be a terrific addition, best fit out there

I would say Myles Turner is the best fit out there for us but absolutely love Noel on this team however presti is too aware of his value therefore Noel isn’t available even though he doesn’t start over Adams.

noel fits today’s needs as a center greatly on the defensive end but highly limited offensively....yeah he’d be fantastic here but not available I’m sure 

6 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Schlenk is more focused on stroking his ego and proving his “brilliance” than putting a good team together. Our own 1st would only be used to pick a player who would likely be stuck behind other developmental prospects. There are no great centers in the lottery (so far). Just about bunch of guys with high-level roleplayer potential..no All Stars.

Well I would say wiseman has legit star potential but he’s 3-4 years away....by the time he’s ready to contribute Trae would be ready to leave .

but as far as keeping our own pick ...if we somehow land the number 1 pick I believe the only player that can provide some type of instant impact is Edwards. Wiseman and LaMelo aren’t ready yet 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Watchman said:

If we are truly trying to win a championship, we have to do better than assemble "a good team."   As someone said earlier, there is an element of luck involved.  I don't really think LAC can win a championship.  They are a good team, but probably not good enough.  Likewise with Houston, Denver, or Utah.  Maybe the Lakers can do it.  I have to question whether Philadelphia, Boston or Miami can do it.  Milwaukee?  Maybe.  My point in this is that I am not sure that Reddish, Hunter, Heurter or even Collins or Trae can get up to that level.  

You literally just discounted every contending team in the NBA. Only problem is someone is going to win a title this year. So even by your standards you sont have to be a perfect team to win one. 

It sure sounds like you are angling for some perfect team that just isnt realistic. Let TS use the assets he has to put the best team on the floor and see what happens. Personally, I like the idea of Adam's and Bertans. Even if it comes as overpays.  

The reality is the Hawks have 6 players under contract next year and have to fill out their roster. They also have $80 M to do it. With a weak FA market, they are going to overpay players unless they do a lot of trades. You might as well get used to it now. 

• Like 1