• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I’m betting that nothing of note happens. Probably a couple of 9th or 10th man types. At best.

I am not expecting a move to be made, as I don’t think Travis is willing to give up what it will take.  I also feel like he has his eyes on a prospect for the draft already, and he’s not going to make a move that will jeopardize him getting that prospect.  

It’s a little coincidental that LaMelo Ball’s injury that shuts him down In Australia came around the same time Travis Schlenk was out there scouting him.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I am not expecting a move to be made, as I don’t think Travis is willing to give up what it will take.  I also feel like he has his eyes on a prospect for the draft already, and he’s not going to make a move that will jeopardize him getting that prospect.  

It’s a little coincidental that LaMelo Ball’s injury that shuts him down In Australia came around the same time Travis Schlenk was out there scouting him.

Truth is that success has to start at the top.

I think now is the time that be trading and moving players rather than collecting more picks.

32 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You think its Lamelo he wants? Hmm? With the new lottery odds, it makes no sense to zero in on one player..Hawks could end up with the worst record, and still pick 5th...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

I also feel like he has his eyes on a prospect for the draft already, and he’s not going to make a move that will jeopardize him getting that prospect.  

What evidence do you have that this is actually true? Any quotes from the GM himself? Or just your own supposition?

• Premium Member

According to the coffee shop talk I had this morning I don't think a major trade will happen cause the GM is not giving up the firsts and wants other teams to give there players away for the bench garbage contracts we have.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Depends on Horford then. Other than that, it might be something we have to wait till the offseason to address. 

So if we don't make a trade for a Center at the deadline, what's the plan at Center for the rest of this season? 

Any buyout candidates? GLeaguers? Euros? We would look at?  Len can't stay healthy, Jones isca disaster. That leaves Bruno and JC (which I prefer we don't play him as full time starter).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So if we don't make a trade for a Center at the deadline, what's the plan at Center for the rest of this season? 

Any buyout candidates? GLeaguers? Euros? We would look at?  Len can't stay healthy, Jones isca disaster. That leaves Bruno and JC (which I prefer we don't play him as full time starter).

None that I am aware of. Atlanta was said to be patience. They aren't in a rush.

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Forget about this season, and forget about trades for a center unless you can get a desperate salary cap dump.  Get Bruno more minutes. 

And since we are the Hawks, we'll have the 4th pick in the draft instead of 1 or 2.  We will draft Okongwu - his NBA position is most definitely center.  Strong and freakish long arms.  Then center will be taken care of, and I would keep Bruno and Len (unless we get some nice offers for Len).

Then we wait for Cam/Hunter/Huerter to develop, while keeping open the possibility of a big trade or 2021 FA splash for a true All-star SG/SF.  Be patient and don't force it.  If Cam or Hunter grows into their upside, we may already have what we need.  This is the last piece and will be the hardest of all; finding another stud who can coexist symbiotically with Trae.  We need to find our Klay Thompson.

Edited by txsting
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I think they need to be in a rush to upgrade the center position for this season.  Not for a long-term fit, but a cheap upgrade so our team is more functional.  We should have enough frontcourt depth not to play people out of position as much as we do.

I 100% agree, it's the market that's the issue. Maybe someone like Ian Mahinmi or Biyombo would help but those teams want to keep them. That's the issue with the center position. 

It has the lowest value overall in the modern NBA but it's the hardest position to play in the NBA along with PG. Worse than PG, if you don't have a rotational one, it's extremely difficult to win games in this league.

I would say it's the hardest position to play in the NBA, especially modern NBA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, txsting said:

Forget about this season, and forget about trades for a center unless you can get a desperate salary cap dump.  Get Bruno more minutes. 

And since we are the Hawks, we'll have the 4th pick in the draft instead of 1 or 2.  We will draft Okongwu - his NBA position is most definitely center.  Strong and freakish long arms.  Then center will be taken care of, and I would keep Bruno and Len (unless we get some nice offers for Len).

Then we wait for Cam/Hunter/Huerter to develop, while keeping open the possibility of a big trade or 2021 FA splash for a true All-star SG/SF.  Be patient and don't force it.  This is the last piece and will be the hardest of all; finding another stud who can coexist nicely with Trae.  We need to find our Klay Thompson.

We got Kevin and Cam, those two could be Klay Thompsons. We need a center, veteran one too. Even one like Big Val would help us immensely 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I would give up some version of a second round pick to make an upgrade over Jones to the roster so we could play VC less at PF, Collins less at C, Parker never at C, etc. and put our guys in a more normalized environment so they can focus on developing the things for where we want them to be next year.  Like Hunter should be focusing on SF development, not PF, etc. 

• Like 3