• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

According to https://www.spotrac.com/nba/atlanta-hawks/cap/2020/   Hawks have 8 players under contract for 20-21 season with a total Cap Charge of $56,202,336 after (and assuming) cutting Nene.  The salary cap for next year is set at $115,000,000 which means the Hawks still have $58,797,664 to spend in Free Agency.  @thecampster is all that math correct? 

Roster:

PG: Trae / Open / Open

SG: Cam / Kev / Open

SF:  Hunter / Open Open

PF: Collins / Open / Open

😄 Capela / Dedmon / Bruno

Also have a draft pick that will eat into the number a bit. Still need six players. 

• Thanks 2

I am not somewhere I can review this. Also, we dont know yet how the waiving of Parsons and possibly Nene plays out. I'm assuming we will eat it all this year and not spread it out.

Also remember everyone on the roster st the end of the year has a cap hold until renounced or signed by another club.

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Are we done trading now? I would like Josh Richardson on this team if we could get him.

Best I can tell the Hawks don't have anyone left to trade for Richardson, salary wise, unless they trade one of the core guys.  I suppose they could package Bembry, Jones, and Bruno to get him but then I'm not sure the 76ers have the roster space or the desire to acquire any of those players. They aren't just unloading Richardson for a pick, imo. 

10 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Hopefully it doesn’t, but this could turn into a bad trade if Dedmon doesn’t play better.

At least I dont have to watch Jabari dribble wildly into traffic, or Len fumble passes or miss layups anymore. Thats good enough for me..lol

• Haha 3

Nene officially waived. However even I really do t understand the cap implications. Let me explain.

Nene's contract is for 2.7 million guaranteed and 3 possible bonuses.

1) 10 games played, 52 wins

2)25 games played, 52 wins

3) 40 games played, 52 wins.

Houston's record as of today is 32. I honestly have no idea what the wins requirement ramifications are going forward but this looks like a d*ck move of the highest order. Nene played in 42 games reaching 1/2 of threshold 3. But will not be on the roster of either team for wins. Each threshold is worth 2.43 million in bonus. I think Houston just screwed him (and we helped) out of 7.3 million dollars. If I understand this right, his cap hit this year is now just 2.7 million and the same for next year because of the waive which I think we can accelerate into cap space this year. We wouldn't have that space if he gets his bonus. I am waiting on someone smarter than me to report on this but basically we just screwed a man out of 7 million and reclaimed all 10 million in cap space next year doing so. If that is the case, the way I'm reading the cap situation, we added 29 million in cap for next year (DEDMON, Capela) and if my math is right (not counting resigning Jeff, Bembry, Goodwin or Jones, that $55.5 million committed and about 59.9 million to spend (not counting holds.  The draft pick will be 5-7 millionish. So really about $53 million to spend.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Nene officially waived. However even I really do t understand the cap implications. Let me explain.

Nene's contract is for 2.7 million guaranteed and 3 possible bonuses.

1) 10 games played, 52 wins

2)25 games played, 52 wins

3) 40 games played, 52 wins.

Houston's record as of today is 32. I honestly have no idea what the wins requirement ramifications are going forward but this looks like a d*ck move of the highest order. Nene played in 42 games reaching 1/2 of threshold 3. But will not be on the roster of either team for wins. Each threshold is worth 2.43 million in bonus. I think Houston just screwed him (and we helped) out of 7.3 million dollars. If I understand this right, his cap hit this year is now just 2.7 million and the same for next year because of the waive which I think we can accelerate into cap space this year. We wouldn't have that space if he gets his bonus. I am waiting on someone smarter than me to report on this but basically we just screwed a man out of 7 million and reclaimed all 10 million in cap space next year doing so. If that is the case, the way I'm reading the cap situation, we added 29 million in cap for next year (DEDMON, Capela) and if my math is right (not counting resigning Jeff, Bembry, Goodwin or Jones, that $55.5 million committed and about 59.9 million to spend (not counting holds.  The draft pick will be 5-7 millionish. So really about $53 million to spend.

Nene was going to retire. Morey signed him to this deal to circumvent the cap hit system to have a big contract on a small salary. The NBA hit back and said this is illegal and Nene trade value cap hold is just his salary for any future trades.

They did the same for TPE in the Capela trade as well. Morey been trying to circumvent the system and the NBA keeps hitting back 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Might be closer to $50 mil

I'm thinking $53 or $54 depending on where the draft pick falls. The weird thing is I keep reading from the eggsperts that they only have $40 something which I can't figure out unless they think we were keeping Nene.  

Bottom line we should have PLENTY of money to sign some quality players this summer. The real question is what will we have for the big FA year? Dedmon could be off the books. So too could John if they don't resign him. But Hawks will own his Bird rights so no real advantage there. The contracts this summer will be fascinating to watch. Long term vs short term that is. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm thinking $53 or $54 depending on where the draft pick falls. The weird thing is I keep reading from the eggsperts that they only have $40 something which I can't figure out unless they think we were keeping Nene.  

Bottom line we should have PLENTY of money to sign some quality players this summer. The real question is what will we have for the big FA year? Dedmon could be off the books. So too could John if they don't resign him. But Hawks will own his Bird rights so no real advantage there. The contracts this summer will be fascinating to watch. Long term vs short term that is. 

Unless those initial numbers included capholds for Len, Bembry and Jones plus Parker P.O. before the trades??

Supes said awhile back we would target Harrell in FAcy. He wants $20 mil, that's too rich for me though.