• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, AHF said:

Short Version:  Anything that goes right is unrelated to Pierce.  Anything that goes wrong is solely LP’s fault.

Not everything..Those failed Draft picks past 19, the terrible free agent signings and stupid trades are on Schlenk

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not everything..Those failed Draft picks past 19, the terrible free agent signings and stupid trades are on Schlenk

Fair enough.  Nothing good from him but some bad spills over onto TS.  I Shouldn’t have forgotten about all those 2nd round picks we’ve discussed in prior threads.

I do still view the Capela trade as a triple for us.  Really close to saying home run.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 10/24/2020 at 9:04 PM, AHF said:

Fair enough.  Nothing good from him but some bad spills over onto TS.  I Shouldn’t have forgotten about all those 2nd round picks we’ve discussed in prior threads.

Even the most ardent supporters of LP have admit that Trae is self motivated and will succeed regardless of who the coach is.  He puts in his time.  Cam played strictly on talent alone and improved because is was so terrible initially.  You could tell in Cam's post camp interview that he still doesn't understand what he should be doing to play winning basketball

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Even the most ardent supporter of LP have admit that Trae is self motivated and will succeed regardless of who the coach is.  He puts in his time.  Cam played strictly on talent alone and improved because is was so terrible initially.  You could tell in Cam's post camp interview that he still doesn't understand what he should be doing to play winning basketball

I’ve seen a pattern of consistent improvement from our young guys and I give LP credit on that front.  The only one who doesn’t fit that mold is Huerter because his improvement was more modest in year 2 to the point of nearly flat.  Everyone else (including year 1 Huerter) fits that mold for me and the coach is partly responsible for it.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I’ve seen a pattern of consistent improvement from our young guys and I give LP credit on that front.  The only one who doesn’t fit that mold is Huerter because his improvement was more modest in year 2 to the point of nearly flat.  Everyone else (including year 1 Huerter) fits that mold for me and the coach is partly responsible for it.

Did Bembry improve?  What about Prince? Huerter? Charlie Brown? Bruno? Fatso Spellman? Jones? Graham? Tyler Dorsey?

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I mean, I'm not saying the discussion can't be had.  I'm saying, for sanity's sake, it can't be had across 4-5 threads that aren't related to coaching.

It's KB-ish levels with the 'tank' stuff.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, kg01 said:

Can someone direct me to the 'Ask Supes' thread?  Ya know, the one where we discuss possible roster moves, news, etc.

Somehow I got directed to another tired, useless 'fire the coach' thread.

I reserve the right to hijack any thread of my choosing to vent my own personal grievances. You have been warned.

Also, what's up with airline food....Am I right?

• Haha 3

On 10/25/2020 at 12:35 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

It's KB-ish levels with the 'tank' stuff.

KB21? What happened to that dude? I havent seen that name in years when I first started  lurking around these boards..lol

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, terrell said:

KB21? What happened to that dude? I havent seen that name in years when I first started  lurking around these boards..lol

He has shown up every once in a while over the last year.  Showed up long enough to make a bet with me where he predicted that the team would be among the 5 worst teams in the league next year.  So either I or he will be eating some crow on the team's rebuild depending on how the team does.  I'd say it would even lead to some fun for the winner but I can no longer take it as a given that someone will actually fulfil their bet.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, AHF said:

He has shown up every once in a while over the last year.  Showed up long enough to make a bet with me where he predicted that the team would be among the 5 worst teams in the league next year.  So either I or he will be eating some crow on the team's rebuild depending on how the team does.  I'd say it would even lead to some fun for the winner but I can no longer take it as a given that someone will actually fulfil their bet.  

Haha, we let ... someone get off way too easy for welching.  Jussayin'

A smidge late but this is that trickle of information we were expecting last week. Looks like there is still confusion over when and how to announce things. Make no mistake, there has been stuff already done in the background. Some of it was in place 2 weeks ago.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/10/26/rumor-nba-free-agents-already-agreeing-to-deals/?partner=Yahoo

• Thanks 3