• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

29 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I'm not all that confident that Joe Harris leaves Brooklyn for more money elsewhere.

I'd imagine he'll be offered a cheap deal to stay with BKN if they're truly thinking about adding Harden.  The ol' "hey we're gonna be a contender" hometown discount.

We can probably beat theirs out with a reasonable deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

To get Harris, Bertans or Hayward an overpay will be necessary. They all have numerous suitors.

Is this true though?  How many have actual space to offer?

Time for the Hawks to hwhip out that ample capspace and see who want it. 😁

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I'd imagine he'll be offered a cheap deal to stay with BKN if they're truly thinking about adding Harden.  The ol' "hey we're gonna be a contender" hometown discount.

We can probably beat theirs out with a reasonable deal.

I definitely think the Hawks' offer will be stronger than the Nets, but something tells me Joe Harris stays put.  And I'm not sold Harden will get his way and force a trade to Brooklyn.

https://clutchpoints.com/3-ideal-landing-spots-for-joe-harris-in-nba-free-agency/

"In just two years’ time, Brooklyn Nets guard-forward Joe Harris has doubled down his stock with the franchise, making him a coveted free agent as the offseason nears. As the Nets front office will strategically attempt to legitimize their roster in order to please their co-stars in Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving, Harris will surely be a player they look to retain immediately before he falls into the wrong hands when the clock strikes 12 on free agency.

At 29, Harris is entering the best portion of his career, where he’ll likely earn his most money before settling for the typical veteran-minimum contract that sharpshooters historically get later in their 30’s. He’s currently coming off a two-year, $16 million contract that he signed with the Nets. While it’s easy to automatically pinpoint Harris back with Brooklyn next season, it’ll come as quite a task in terms of salary cap.

The Nets, according to ESPN’s Bobby Marks, will surely go into a $50 million luxury tax payment at the expense of signing Harris back, seeing as how his next contract will likely be above $12 million."

Okay so given the above. How would you guys feel about 3 years, $45 million for Harris?  I'm not saying anything...I'm just asking.
  • Like 1

Update: 

HOU

My guy thinks HOU is giving him false information based on what he's hearing around the league. HOU might run it back but he thinks they are lying that Harden is fine in Houston. In fact, saying it's just Harden's people is not accurate based on what some agents and players are saying who are saying Harden wants out of HOU. Also, too much is not being made of Westbrook from HOU who also wants out.  

Based on what he's getting, Houston a clean slate they can do with Philly outside of Embiid and trading for Westbrook. Considering Houston doesn't have any bad contracts outside of Westbrook, that doesn't mean much. I mean, Philly got most of the bad deals, lol. But what he's hearing from others, not HOU is that it will be a massive draft assets, Ben Simmons, and role players (Richardson, Thybulle, Milton, etc) deal. Houston doesn't want contracts at all. They would to flip everyone but Ben Simmons like OKC. I feel for Silas, this could end up being a rebuilding job. The biggest issue is there are those in the org who think this will be a lost year and a strong draft class. Make trades for 2021 1st rounders (Thybulle and Covington) and move on. You have those who feel like the offer will be there next year, why trade now is what he's hearing based on HOU. From HOU, they are talking run it back but he said Houston has been in trade talks with Philly. Mainly about Horford/Thybulle but PHI thinks the door isn't close to make a move for Harden soon.  

LAC/HOU

Westbrook has his suitor in the LAC org aka Paul George but it ends there. He's not highly wanted by LAC. In fact, LAC was really pissed CP3 choose LAC. He hasn't gotten the reasons why CP3 choose PHX over LAC, but the rumblings from the little he got was he learned his lesson in OKC and HOU about where you need to go and younger players aren't so stuck in their ways. His LA guy said Rondo is their main target to replace Reggie Jackson but they want Hassan Whiteside in FA and would like to keep everyone from last year and run it back. There is belief, they don't need a huge change. There is talk to bring Danilo back and Aron Baynes has been the MLE target for awhile. They want to add smart role players is what management is pushing. Their lack of assets is making trades hard for them. They were trying to get guys to opt out into FA but he was told that they didn't have the trading assets to entice a team to do a SnT.

Westbrook

His trade market is beyond ass man. Houston has called damn near everyone about him. He only has two suitors. New York and Charlotte. Charlotte is said to be the most serious. They are open to trading 2nd rounders with expirings. New York is only open to a Julius Randle deal where Houston saves a lot of cap space. Houston reached out to Atlanta to see if there is interest as Westbrook mentioned Atlanta as a team of interest but Atlanta declined the offer. The Atlanta news is not new to me but Charlotte and NY is. There is outside voices saying that HOU could keep him and trade him right around the trade deadline where his market is just much higher and maybe they can get a 1st from a PG needy team. The issue is his contract. No one wants it but Charlotte and NY and even they don't really want it.  

Charlotte

Detroit and New York are talking with Charlotte about deals. NY has made it clear Mitchell Robinson is on the table if LaMelo Ball is available at 3. Detroit is considering trading a future 1st to move up for Ball if he falls to 3. GS would love to capitalize on Ball is what he was told and there is a great chance Ball will not fall pass 2. 

Minny

Minny people thinks Edwards has legit All Star potential and are looking like they are locking into Edwards. No shock, everyone who saw Edwards sees the obvious talent. 

Golden State

GS wants to trade down. That much is clear is what he's getting but how much they want is considered very high from many teams. Ultimately, DET or NY are expected to move up for him. 

Nothing new on the Jrue Holiday market. They needed a miracle to get major assets for Jrue and it seems like they are going to do a deal with DEN or BRK for less than enthralling packages. 

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, thecampster said:

https://clutchpoints.com/3-ideal-landing-spots-for-joe-harris-in-nba-free-agency/

Okay so given the above. How would you guys feel about 3 years, $45 million for Harris?  I'm not saying anything...I'm just asking.

I think that's just a hair above what I feel like is reasonable for him... but I don't want him. I'd rather give that exact contract to Grant. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, warcore said:

I think that's just a hair above what I feel like is reasonable for him... but I don't want him. I'd rather give that exact contract to Grant. 

As much as I would love a Kyle Korver here again ... I agree ... Grant is a Swiss Army knife

• Like 1